Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-12-2018, 03:45 PM

26,961 posts, read 27,236,188 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvSouthOC View Post
More LAtimes propaganda. Why is his perspective so valuable yet the countless voices that came out in opposition, not worth hearing?
Because we heard you supporting them on the Orange County homeless thread. Not sure how homeless housing in the city of Venice ended up over there, but it was discussed. (And you didn't like what I said there, either.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2018, 03:47 PM

9,807 posts, read 11,239,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
Because we heard you supporting them on the Orange County homeless thread. Not sure how homeless housing regarding the city of Venice ended up over there, but it was discussed. (And you didn't like what I said there, either.)
Do you even know what Venetians were angry about and what arguments against the temporary shelter were made?

Do you know what Garcetti and Bonin said?

Old 11-12-2018, 04:21 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,629,519 times
Quote:
Do you even know what Venetians were angry about and what arguments against the temporary shelter were made?

I know why they were upset, because for years and years they’ve been harassed and victimized by the homeless and the city has done squat .
There was even a movement to secede from city of L.A things have gotten so bad .

I can totally understand why they don’t trust Garcetti or Bonin ,why should they ?

The terrible things that Venice locals have experienced have been documented for years on the Venice Stakeholder Website but of course dishonest and biased publications like L.A Times don’t cover those stories .

To out of area “advocates “ , do some reading here and see if it helps you understand the issue better .

Venice Stakeholders Association

Old 11-12-2018, 06:09 PM

26,961 posts, read 27,236,188 times
Quote:

No, I post links to articles I haven't read just for the fun of it.

I already told you that this was discussed on the Orange County Homeless forum. (I believe that you were part of the discussion.) I've stated that I post links to articles which I've already read in the physical newspaper. I read about what Garcetti said ("The easy thing to do politically is to walk away. We can’t afford to walk away from homelessness") about the plan to build a shelter on the abandoned MTA lot in Venice, and that he listened to Venice residents for four hours, many of whom booed and yelled out catcalls.

I know that Councilman Mike Bonin was formerly dangling on the edge of homelessness himself, and has spoken about it. I posted a link to the letters to the editor written by some Venice residents who disagreed with some of the residents who were so against the homeless housing in Venice.

Old 11-12-2018, 06:24 PM

Thanks for posting that as I’m sure those that post her often would never even bother to click on the link .
it really seems like the people running this city have some sadistic fantasy to continue to see the city degrade .
Will be interesting to see what the out of town advocates have to say about the above as we’ve been hearing endlessly that the cities hands are tied due to court decisions .

I know at least one advocate constantly made the claim that housing has to be near the offenders.

Old 11-12-2018, 06:36 PM

42,842 posts, read 26,668,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SportyandMisty View Post
Not my example -- What I said doesn't happen is Sleepy's absurd modification/hypothetical negotiation:
I was responding directly to YOUR example, did you forget what you posted?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportyandMisty View Post
Let's say I own a McDonald's franchise. Let's say it is worth it to me to pay someone $20 per hour to clean the restrooms. Let's say I have an employee who is willing to clean the restrooms for $8 per hour. Let's say we negotiate and I pay him $15 per hour to clean the restrooms. I'm better off because I was willing to pay him $20 but only needed to pay him $15. He's better off because he was willing to do the job for $8 but received $15. That is the essence of value creation - voluntary transactions in the marketplace for labor that result in both employer & employee (or seller and customer) being better off.

Old 11-12-2018, 10:12 PM

*crickets*

Old 11-12-2018, 11:34 PM

13,587 posts, read 15,843,516 times
*tumbleweed blows across thread*

Old 11-12-2018, 11:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by exitus acta probat View Post
*tumbleweed blows across thread*
Lol

Old 11-13-2018, 06:34 PM

13,587 posts, read 15,843,516 times
Anybody else here shop at the Smart and Final in West L.A. on Santa Monica Blvd.? Is that filthy camp to the immediate south going to ever get cleaned up? I can't imagine paying to live in those adjacent apartments, only to look out a window and see a shantytown right across the street. I feel just fine parking in the S&F lot, though, since the old time security guard doesn't tolerate nonsense from the shantytown residents and I even once saw him chasing one out of the parking lot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles