Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-18-2018, 04:36 PM

13,587 posts, read 15,838,237 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvSouthOC View Post
Of course it’s anorher moral puff piece and yet another opportunity to urge action. Political crisis? We have a Democratic super majorly in Sacramento. LA is headed by all Dems. What politics are we discussing here? Oh you mean those pesky homeowners who don’t want the homeless near them but demand and end to the problem, right? Oh yeah that “political crisis”.
Indeed. Also, most homeless apologists don't seem to differentiate between people who are temporarily homeless, and those who are chronically homeless because they refuse to get into a program that will get them off the streets, who seem to be 90% of the homeless population according to the LAPD and LA County Sheriff's Dept.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2018, 07:19 PM

9,807 posts, read 11,235,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exitus Acta Probat View Post
Indeed. Also, most homeless apologists don't seem to differentiate between people who are temporarily homeless, and those who are chronically homeless because they refuse to get into a program that will get them off the streets, who seem to be 90% of the homeless population according to the LAPD and LA County Sheriff's Dept.
BINGO let alone distinguish between the skid row types and RV (by choice homeless) and live-in-car homeless.

Old 11-18-2018, 07:28 PM

9,807 posts, read 11,235,246 times
Quote:
PS the darn ipad does crazy things:

Of course it’s anorher (ANOTHER) moral puff piece and yet another opportunity to urge action. Political crisis? We have a Democratic super majorly (MAJORITY) in Sacramento. LA is headed by all Dems. What politics are we discussing here? Oh you mean those pesky homeowners who don’t want the homeless near them but demand and (an) end to the problem, right? Oh yeah that “political crisis”.

Old 11-18-2018, 08:02 PM

42,840 posts, read 26,653,341 times
Quote:
What programs? There is only enough temporary shelter space in LA for about 1/4 of the homeless and now you are going to claim that there are "programs" out there, just waiting to take these people in?

Old 11-18-2018, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
What programs? There is only enough temporary shelter space in LA for about 1/4 of the homeless and now you are going to claim that there are "programs" out there, just waiting to take these people in?
My local LAPD Senior Lead Officer informed me that a Transient Unit, though I'm not certain if they're directly part of the LAPD or an adjunct, informs homeless people of programs. And, the Orange County Sheriff's Dept. informed the transients on that Anaheim bike path that there are programs to help them get off the streets.

Old 11-18-2018, 08:43 PM

Quote:
My local LAPD Senior Lead Officer informed me that a Transient Unit, though I'm not certain if they're directly part of the LAPD or an adjunct, informs homeless people of programs. And, the Orange County Sheriff's Dept. informed the transients on that Anaheim bike path that there are programs to help them get off the streets.
Next time you talk to them please ask about these programs, because I don't buy it, I don't think he/she is lying to you, they are probably just repeating what they heard but it doesn't make sense. You guys have a much bigger problem than Sac County and programs here are few and far between and usually have at least a one year wait list, the local program here for women and children has 270 beds all of which are full and they have over 500 women on the waitlist. The best way to get in a program is to be on county probation, they will pay a sober living center, but other than that there really aren't any programs you can get into without a very long wait. And there are a lot of good programs available for veterans but not much for anyone else.

Last edited by 2sleepy; 11-18-2018 at 08:57 PM..

Old 11-18-2018, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Next time you talk to them please ask about these programs, because I don't buy it, I don't think they are lying to you, they are probably just repeating what they heard but it doesn't make sense. You guys have a much bigger problem than Sac County and programs here are few and far between and usually have at least a one year wait list, the local program for women and children has 270 beds all of which are full and they have over 500 women on the waitlist. The best way to get in a program is to be on county probation, they will pay a sober living center, but other than that there really aren't any programs you can get into without a very long wait. And there are a lot of good programs available for veterans but not much for anyone else.
Then call the LAPD or the OC Sheriff's Dept. and ask them. I think we should give the men and women putting their lives on the line for our safety the benefit of the doubt, though I know you dislike them for some reason.

Old 11-18-2018, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Then call the LAPD or the OC Sheriff's Dept. and ask them. I think we should give the men and women putting their lives on the line for our safety the benefit of the doubt, though I know you dislike them for some reason.
Dislike them? Hardly...I did that work for over 2 decades, I just know that the cops assigned to PR duty will tell you what you want to hear, their mission is to keep the natives from getting restless

Old 11-18-2018, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Dislike them? Hardly...I did that work for over 2 decades, I just know that the cops assigned to PR duty will tell you what you want to hear, their mission is to keep the natives from getting restless
What is person reporting duty? I've never heard of that.

Old 11-18-2018, 10:41 PM

Quote:
What is person reporting duty? I've never heard of that.
PR - public relations. Many LE agencies have Officers assigned to neighborhoods who meet with local residents to listen to their concerns.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles