Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2013, 07:32 AM

1,095 posts, read 1,634,116 times

Advertisements

What is "tall" to you? I am a 6'1" guy but there are guys taller than me at 6'3". I don't live in LA though. I live in San Diego.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2013, 07:33 AM

10,097 posts, read 10,029,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trancedout View Post
Quite a few tall guys in West LA trying to get into music/acting/modeling.

Overall, I know what people mean, it's not like other cities where the general population seems taller. Any "mega diverse" city usually seems shorter.
Funny, a lot of the A list actors that make it in Hollywood are either short or just a cut above average. From Tom Cruise to Brad Pitt who's only 5'11. I saw Matt Damon at a bar once and he was super short, I mean I towered over the guy. His bio says he's 5'10 but I don't buy it for a second. The guy was wearing boots and looked no taller than 5'8.

Old 12-19-2013, 09:11 AM

20,770 posts, read 20,016,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aboveordinary View Post
What is "tall" to you? I am a 6'1" guy but there are guys taller than me at 6'3". I don't live in LA though. I live in San Diego.

For me personally, a 6' guy is normal and everything above that is tall.

Old 12-19-2013, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by radiolibre99 View Post
Funny, a lot of the A list actors that make it in Hollywood are either short or just a cut above average. From Tom Cruise to Brad Pitt who's only 5'11. I saw Matt Damon at a bar once and he was super short, I mean I towered over the guy. His bio says he's 5'10 but I don't buy it for a second. The guy was wearing boots and looked no taller than 5'8.
There are a lot of short and average height actors but there are tall actors too. Will Smith, Eric Bana, Hugh Jackman, Jason Segel, Will Ferrell, and Vince Vaughn to name a few. Some of those may not be A-list but they are still Hollywood actors.

Old 12-19-2013, 09:29 AM

8,342 posts, read 13,485,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOON2BNSURPRISE View Post
Maybe try visiting Scottsdale Arizona:

https://www.city-data.com/forum/phoen...l#post32657238
Lived in Phoenix for 2 years and frequented Scottsdale quite a bit and I have to say, that claim is bologna.
I pretty much towered over most everyone and I am not even that tall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
Height: 6'2" - check!
Feet: size 12 - check!
Package: don't need a magnifying glass - check!

So, Eve, what time should I pick you up?

Old 12-19-2013, 09:36 AM

Quote:
At 6'1" I just barely meet your "tall" standards. I don't know how old you are so I might be too young for you LOL. I am about to turn 23. I wear size 13 shoes.

Old 12-19-2013, 01:58 PM

4,213 posts, read 8,317,889 times
Quote:
Sounds about right. Here's what woman in LA want: ideal man is six feet or taller, six figures or more, six pack or more, white or white seeming, charming, sensitive, chivalrous, large "package," has own place, nice car, funny, well traveled, educated, perfectly groomed, emotionally stable (like that exists), lovely parents... the list goes on.

But men like that are a rarity. One in a thousand at best. Just settle for the short, semi broke, beer bellied average Joe with a heart of gold.

Old 12-19-2013, 02:07 PM

377 posts, read 530,342 times
yes, instead of looking for "Mr. Right" you might have to settle for "Mr. you'll do"

Old 12-20-2013, 12:33 AM

9,197 posts, read 16,863,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by disgruntled la native View Post
Sounds about right. Here's what woman in LA want: ideal man is six feet or taller, six figures or more, six pack or more, white or white seeming, charming, sensitive, chivalrous, large "package," has own place, nice car, funny, well traveled, educated, perfectly groomed, emotionally stable (like that exists), lovely parents... the list goes on.

But men like that are a rarity. One in a thousand at best. Just settle for the short, semi broke, beer bellied average Joe with a heart of gold.
Well see, we met at least one of the criteria here. So the answer then would be, "Go inland."

Old 12-20-2013, 10:45 AM

20,770 posts, read 20,016,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurcoLoco View Post
Lived in Phoenix for 2 years and frequented Scottsdale quite a bit and I have to say, that claim is bologna.
I pretty much towered over most everyone and I am not even that tall.

Height: 6'2" - check!
Feet: size 12 - check!
Package: don't need a magnifying glass - check!

So, Eve, what time should I pick you up?
Let me return my ticket to Scottsdale first and dust my high heels, then I'll be ready.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles