Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2013, 10:22 AM

620 posts, read 1,205,538 times

Advertisements

Don't get the hate on these so called stuck up LA women. If you look at them they assume your want to sex them. But what if you're like me and its true lol. I always hit on random women I find attractive im guessing the reason why you guys are having trouble is because you are hiding your motives.

I stand at 5'7 1/2 exactly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2013, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElysianEagle View Post
i wish i could; i tried a google search but i'm unable to locate it anymore. i'll see if i saved it somewhere on my HD but i'll also continue to look for the link.

i don't know if all short men will be single + childless forever - both men and women tend to adjust their standards + preferences based on what they can pull, i guess, so as long as you're willing to settle for what you can get i guess you still have a shot at contributing to the future human gene pool

that said, it's established that tall men do tend to have more babies, and short men are indeed more likely to remain single:

Why tall men have the most children | Mail Online

EDIT: found the paper!

http://shell.newpaltz.edu/jsec/artic...n_Vol7Iss2.pdf

Quote:
But in the middle east where they are shorter than Europe, people have like 10 kids. And I don't understand why a taller person would have more kids in the first place? Maybe I never payed attention in Biology but # of kids=how many times you had sex with your wife without a condom right?

Old 12-29-2013, 06:26 PM

6,622 posts, read 4,947,206 times
Wrong. People vary in their fertility. Maybe tall men have more virile sperm and very likely their height helps get them access to prettier/more fertile women (and of course it gets access to more women, period). Also, just because the average number of children is higher among various shorter ethnic groups doesn't mean taller guys there don't have the usual advantage.

Alas, in LA height doesn't seem to offer much advantage. To me, that's stranger than the mediocre local average male height.

Old 12-29-2013, 08:50 PM

1,351 posts, read 2,913,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BayAreaDave View Post
But in the middle east where they are shorter than Europe, people have like 10 kids. And I don't understand why a taller person would have more kids in the first place? Maybe I never payed attention in Biology but # of kids=how many times you had sex with your wife without a condom right?
taller men tend to father more kids because women are generally more attracted to them, so they tend to have greater sexual access than shorter men.

as for the middle east, women are very much oppressed and reliant on men for survival. in this way, even a short man can get a wife (or multiple wives) and father many kids by virtue of his wealth.

Old 12-29-2013, 11:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodheathen View Post
Wrong. People vary in their fertility. Maybe tall men have more virile sperm and very likely their height helps get them access to prettier/more fertile women (and of course it gets access to more women, period). Also, just because the average number of children is higher among various shorter ethnic groups doesn't mean taller guys there don't have the usual advantage.

Alas, in LA height doesn't seem to offer much advantage. To me, that's stranger than the mediocre local average male height.
Doesn't make sense to me. The only study I ever read about sperm quality said that short men actually have more virile sperm. Interestingly enough I can't find it, or any study at all about height and sperm. Id have to do some digging.

According to cracked.com, uglier men have more virile sperm. "When scientists tried to find the closest thing they could to an objective measure of male attractiveness, they found that guys with deeper voices tend to be more attractive to women."

So basically, men with higher voices have the most fertile sperm.

I come from a relatively short family. My dad is 5'10, my mom is 5'1. I am the only. Im 5'7 1/2 but by all accounts im not exactly done growing, although Im not getting any more growth spurts. Ill likely top out at 5'8 within the next year. (im 19)

My mother's cousin's husband is 6'1. He does have three kids. This would support this ludachris theory. But my mom's brother is 5'5 and has 4 kids. My mom's sister married a 5'4 fellow, and they have 9 children. Nine.

While its true that tall men may attract more women than short men, rich men attract more men than both. The problem with these height studies is they just seem farfetched...like the studies that show that tall men make more money. I know for a fact this one is false because I know quite a few millionaires personally. All of them work in the Tech Industry or are engineers. All are of Asian or Indian descent, the tallest one is an inch taller than me putting him at 5'8 1/2. In the Bay Area, almost every neighborhood that is over a million is predominantly Asian or Indian. These people are the smartest and work the hardest. They become the best doctors, lawyers, techies, engineers, etc. Their average height is probably about 5'6. These are the guys making enough money to pay the insane rents of San Francisco. I hate to bring up old stereotypes but there are a lot of rich Jewish people. Jews are also short.

Only a fool would think that anything but hard work and brain power effects how much money you can rack in. Height doesn't mean anything. Do all these short millionaires get their millions because they are short? Obviously not. Height has nothing to do with earning potential, its all brain. And if you think otherwise, you need to leave the internet because you obviously can't decipher fact from fiction. I myself turned out quite the disappointment in comparison to some others in my family. Is it because I am short? lol....its because I spent my time chasing girls and partying instead of studying.

Old 12-30-2013, 01:17 PM

6,622 posts, read 4,947,206 times
Lol. Like all jobs are judged purely on IQ and technical competence. That the IT field probably is close to that doesn't mean that appearance is unimportant elsewhere. Plus, height actually is associated with slightly higher IQ. There must be dozens of studies from around the world verifying that height helps men's careers and probably zero showing the contrary.

I doubt any study associates "ugly" with sperm virility, even as I grant that very masculine-looking guys tend to not have handsome faces. Voice depth goes with facial masculinity, I'll assert.

I'm more sure of what I said earlier, that money/status, ethnic similarity, and pure attractiveness matter more to women in LA than height does. Height just doesn't have its usual power here.

Last edited by goodheathen; 12-30-2013 at 01:26 PM..

Old 12-31-2013, 03:02 PM

10,420 posts, read 15,676,887 times
Default Air Force Boot Camp

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodheathen View Post
Lol. Like all jobs are judged purely on IQ and technical competence. That the IT field probably is close to that doesn't mean that appearance is unimportant elsewhere. Plus, height actually is associated with slightly higher IQ. There must be dozens of studies from around the world verifying that height helps men's careers and probably zero showing the contrary.

I doubt any study associates "ugly" with sperm virility, even as I grant that very masculine-looking guys tend to not have handsome faces. Voice depth goes with facial masculinity, I'll assert.

I'm more sure of what I said earlier, that money/status, ethnic similarity, and pure attractiveness matter more to women in LA than height does. Height just doesn't have its usual power here.
I would somewhat agree with you on that one , I once had a boot camp buddy who was a genius that
couldn't even tie his boots up in the morning because of drill instructor imposed stress. I guess a intimidating drill instructor busting into your sleeping quarters banging on the inside of a garbage can with a baseball bat would shake some genius up big time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles