Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2007, 08:07 PM

266 posts, read 1,195,423 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe L View Post
Dont read the posts if your going to get upset
Oh, I'm not upset - but it sounds like you might be! I just don't agree... welcome to free speech!

As I said earlier : "Just today I saw a very "average joe" white guy just about mow down a mother and her kids in the road. So based on the ideas espoused by many of the rabid "anti-foreigners in the USA" posters, I guess I should assume that every white person would do the same thing? Or the unkempt and gross-looking home down the street that sticks out like a sore thumb... hmm, thirtiesh looking white guy is the only person I've seen living there... all thirtiesh white guys MUST live in the same disgusting manner... right? I've seen several of them living this way... so they ALL must be THE SAME!!!! EVERY SINGLE ONE!"

Are you a thirtiesh white guy? You probably live in a disgusting, sloppy house and don't know how to keep clean. Any single white guy really will end up the same way from what I have seen.... right? same race, must follow the rules!
I must know at least 10 guys who fit this description, therefore that must mean they ALL do ... hey, thanks for the insight!!

Old 05-09-2007, 08:11 PM

491 posts, read 828,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movinquick View Post
ps. just in case you missed it the first time - you sound dumb
Its is you who are incapable of understanding the article about Rev. Kim who broke and disregard many laws.

You sound as if your brain has been atrophied by your liberal college professors.
I find it interesting how many people in the educational system are upset with this thread

Old 05-09-2007, 09:57 PM

19 posts, read 96,153 times
i didn't do the school thing, been great without it. i haven't spoken to any liberal professors. these are my opinions based on everything you said.

Queens is getting over populated. They need construction like these building to support all the people. the builders like it cause it utilizes all the space. It gives you as much living space as possible and provides parking. In certain parts of queens, those two things alone will sell a home.

And certain parts of Queens will end up looking like a line of fedder buildings. but the "garden city area" of queens will never end up like that.

you ever wonder why kim is getting away with this so easily? maybe nyc officials know that nyc needs this. it will provide more than its hurting.

btw, to answer the OP's question: moving to garden city will NOT be a problem for you. There are asians all around this area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe L View Post
Its is you who are incapable of understanding the article about Rev. Kim who broke and disregard many laws.

You sound as if your brain has been atrophied by your liberal college professors.
I find it interesting how many people in the educational system are upset with this thread

Old 05-09-2007, 09:59 PM

19 posts, read 96,153 times
I didn't understand the article cause I didn't read it.

Old 05-09-2007, 10:08 PM

5,595 posts, read 19,045,111 times
*lol* I like your style, movingquick! Kudos!

Thanks.

--'rocco

Old 05-09-2007, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Maybe nyc officials know that nyc needs this. it will provide more than its hurting. "garden city area" of Queens
btw, to answer the OP's question: moving to garden city will NOT be a problem for you. There are asians all around this area.
Thats the citys problem and Bloombergs doctrin.
And your dreaming, most those new cheap buildings DONT have parking hell they dont even have enough windows !
Privacy for all the matress pads ?
BTW Garden City is in Nassau county Long Island NOT QUEENS your clearly not one of us Long islanders paying through the nose to live in peace AWAY from the city's fallout.

BTW: He (if the OP isnt a Troll) will have a hellova problem if he tries to knock down a tudor to build brick bomb shelter there.
That may Fly in Little and Great Neck but the CG township, people and there kids will not be to happy with them.
Haaa, Maybee in 20 years but not now
Thats why I said "it depends on his intent and action's"

BTW: I judge people by there actions not by there race. It just so happens a certain groups have prooven to be racist, have bad taste and no respect for American culture. They make horrible neighbors and it no wonder many were kicked out of there home countrys.

Its a fact many agree here they are afraid to admit to it and be called "racist"

Last edited by Joe L; 05-10-2007 at 12:00 AM..

Old 05-09-2007, 11:30 PM

1,919 posts, read 7,107,554 times
Quote:

Can I ask where you are referring to? I am frequently in every town surrounding GC and GC included and hardly find an asian population in any of the surrounding areas or GC for that matter. I wouldnt want the OP to be misled.

Old 05-10-2007, 12:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glad2Bhere View Post
Can I ask where you are referring to? I am frequently in every town surrounding GC and GC included and hardly find an asian population in any of the surrounding areas or GC for that matter. I wouldnt want the OP to be misled.
I beleive "movinquick" and the OP "sixtwo" are one in the same and not from the area. The original post was bait.

-J

Last edited by Keeper; 03-24-2008 at 03:13 PM.. Reason: name change

Old 05-10-2007, 12:18 AM

5,595 posts, read 19,045,111 times
It's fine, Joe, to hate the houses that these people are building, you can even hate the people for all I care.

What I'm hoping you aren't implying is that you "hate" all Asians because of the actions of these particular Asians you do hate.

You say that you judge people by their actions and not by race so if you're not judging all Asians by the actions of these few (or many, as may be the case), then I have respect for you.

However, if you're implying that all Asians have bad taste, have no respect for American culture, and make horrible neighbors, just because what you've witnessed with the cheap buildings issue, then I would tend to believe you and all others who may think that way could very well be racist.

All I can hope is that you'll judge a person on an individual basis and not a whole group or entire race on the actions of a few (or quite a few as the case may be).

If we can all do that, then maybe there's some hope after all.

Thanks.

--'rocco

Old 05-10-2007, 01:23 AM

The guy next door here is Asian married to an Italian girl we get along fine and actually fight town hall together. He has good taste to
I dont hate Asians or all Asians, it would be impossible. Id be banned by now if I said that.
I never said All Asians I never used the word hate
I said "Certain Groups" have bad taste, have no respect for American culture, and make horrible neighbors. Im mostly referring to culture clash caused by recent Immigrants like Rev. Kim (and others creeds and colors) who refuse to assimilate and have done nothing but spit then laugh in our QUOTE "Stupid American" faces for welcoming them here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scirocco22 View Post
It's fine, Joe, to hate the houses that these people are building, you can even hate the people for all I care.

What I'm hoping you aren't implying is that you "hate" all Asians because of the actions of these particular Asians you do hate.

You say that you judge people by their actions and not by race so if you're not judging all Asians by the actions of these few (or many, as may be the case), then I have respect for you.

However, if you're implying that all Asians have bad taste, have no respect for American culture, and make horrible neighbors, just because what you've witnessed with the cheap buildings issue, then I would tend to believe you and all others who may think that way could very well be racist.

All I can hope is that you'll judge a person on an individual basis and not a whole group or entire race on the actions of a few (or quite a few as the case may be).

If we can all do that, then maybe there's some hope after all.

Thanks.

--'rocco

Last edited by Joe L; 05-10-2007 at 01:44 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island