Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-18-2009, 08:52 PM

16,966 posts, read 34,733,011 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post
Do you really think these characters are going to be up for jobs where this would even make a difference? Really now. Are they in the Jr. Executives of America Club or something?
Stepping up. My business requires my employees to be in and out of people's homes. I run background checks.

One employee had a brief gap in his career history. (red flag #1) I ran a background check, phoned his references -- nothing out of the ordinary. For all appearances it would appear he was between jobs.

Hired the man.

A few weeks later I am speaking with a friend whose son was acquainted with Mr New Hire. She said it was great that we were giving him an opportunity after what he'd been through. Been through?

"Oh," she said, "He was dating a 16 year old girl and her father was mad, so he had him arrested for statutory rape." ()

I Googled him.

He was arrested for sexually abusing someone to whom he was a superior, and who was underage! I had to let him go as he was violating his probation by working at most of my locations, because there were children present. He is not allowed around minors. I can't employ someone who can't work on location because of their own actions.

I has been a while, and he is still very easily found on Google.

Needless to say I now background and Google check. I bet more employers are doing that now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2009, 10:06 PM

1,332 posts, read 1,990,930 times
Default There's a big difference here

Quote:
Originally Posted by spidaman View Post
What kind of filthy **** would do something like that then try to blame the men for her guilty feelings afterward. Reminds me of the Duke incident.
There's a big difference here.

These guys went ahead an actually had sex with her.

Let's face it - That alone says that these guys are simply creeps.

What type of low-life gang bangs a girl?...Someone that anyone would like dating their sister or daughter?...I don't think you'd like that idea too much.

Any decent person would have walked away from this situation and this girl. Let's face it, it's like taking advantage of a mentally disturbed person.

These guys have the gall to do interviews - Any decent person wouldn't show his face again.

These guys are pure low-lifes.

The girl - she's sick, ...lets face it.

Old 09-19-2009, 12:05 AM

3,424 posts, read 5,978,305 times
So heres the deal....we can sit here and go back and forth all day about whether the guys are creeps or the girl is a s1ut or whatnot. All of that is COMPLETELY subjective, depending on one's morals, values and so forth. What cannot be disputed is that the young woman lied about being raped. That is an absolute. That in my opinion, not only makes her a s1ut, by some people's standards but it certainly makes her a dishonest liar. So the debate over who are creeps or who has been immoral here is really a pointless one. All of that is subjective and opinion based to say the least.

But to take the focus off of the absolute fact that she flat out lied, for the sake of highlighting the lowlife behavior of the boys (and her?) is so disingenuous to the integrity of the actual facts of the case IMO. The fact is that she lied. The rest, as to whether she is a s1ut, or these young men are creeps etc. is a debate which should be taken up by priests, nuns, monks, saints and the like.

Old 09-19-2009, 01:22 AM

7 posts, read 10,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverDrunk View Post
To heck with that! I'm waiting for them to print where she lives!
Why...so you can ask her out, get her drunk and knock off a piece?

Old 09-19-2009, 01:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzook View Post
And how is is her family, the school, and the police responsible for HER lie?????????? This is the problem today, lets sue everyone!!!!! She is at fault, so i can see suing her, but everyone else? No.
I wonder why Nassau Detectives could not see though her fairly tale?

Yet a scant few hours later the NCDA investigators had no problem discerning her lies.

Something is wrong here.

Kudos to DA Rice and her team of investigators.

Old 09-19-2009, 01:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.I.B. View Post

Call me crazy, but if 4 of my buddies were arrested and thrown in jail after falsely being accused of rape, I don't think I'd be rushing to turn myself in either.
Agreed...if the authorities publicly name me as a "person of interest" I'd have little choice but to go and talk with them...if they don't name me I wait for them to come and talk to me.

Old 09-19-2009, 01:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seque5tra View Post
Ok, so most of you are ASSuming that this 18 year old, who is just 2 weeks into her freshman year in college, was some insane sex fiend who went to a frat party and was confident enough to seduce and invite 5 UPPERclassman
You keep saying ALL these guys were students...though the media says one was a student and the other four were visitors on campus.

Old 09-19-2009, 01:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelsa1075 View Post
That is shockingly sad. While I commend women who step up and tell when they have been violated, I strongly disagree with making it seem as if it is okay for her/anyone to lie. The fact is it isn't okay to make a decision and then decide after the fact that you have changed your mind. This is not okay and women should stop thinking that it is. Society should not make it okay, men are held virtually powerless to this and frankly it isn't fair. I am a woman so I empathize with her, however, I am also a mother of 2 boys. I do not think that it is okay for her to try and right her bad decision by making them pay with their lives. Sex with 4 boys in a single night is a very bad decision, but not one that they should have to pay the rest of their lives for. I get the whole peer pressure thing, but if I don't want to do something in a sexual nature with someone and am forced to do it, there would be no confusion as to whether it is rape or not. The force would be visible!
These young men are not boys. Though if people continue to refer to them as boys they will in all probability ACT like children.

When I was a boy I could not wait to turn 18 and become a man. In today's society I continually hear or read about women and men who refer to males in their 20's thru 40's as "boys." Why is that?

Is it because they refuse to or are afraid of growing up?

Old 09-19-2009, 02:29 AM

3 posts, read 7,332 times
You know what scares me about this thread...that one day some of you people will actually sit on a jury and judge other people's pursuit of freedom and liberty based solely on your own Judeo-Christian values and biases.

answers.com/topic/freedom

Last edited by Freedom Means Just That; 09-19-2009 at 02:53 AM..

Old 09-19-2009, 11:33 AM

16,408 posts, read 33,317,329 times
Great example!

This happened in Florida several years back. I will tell you a story about my aunt hiring a landscaper to do the landscaping at her apartment buildings. She talked to the guy and walked around the yard with him and he showed he knew what he was talking about, etc. So she said he could have the contract. (He had his own business.) He then tells her he is required to notify her that he is a Level __ (don't remember which) sex offender.

In Florida convicted sex offenders can have their own business that is around the public's homes, women, children, whatever apparently.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhBeeHave View Post
Stepping up. My business requires my employees to be in and out of people's homes. I run background checks.

One employee had a brief gap in his career history. (red flag #1) I ran a background check, phoned his references -- nothing out of the ordinary. For all appearances it would appear he was between jobs.

Hired the man.

A few weeks later I am speaking with a friend whose son was acquainted with Mr New Hire. She said it was great that we were giving him an opportunity after what he'd been through. Been through?

"Oh," she said, "He was dating a 16 year old girl and her father was mad, so he had him arrested for statutory rape." ()

I Googled him.

He was arrested for sexually abusing someone to whom he was a superior, and who was underage! I had to let him go as he was violating his probation by working at most of my locations, because there were children present. He is not allowed around minors. I can't employ someone who can't work on location because of their own actions.

I has been a while, and he is still very easily found on Google.

Needless to say I now background and Google check. I bet more employers are doing that now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island