Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2009, 08:55 AM

13,511 posts, read 17,040,812 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocafeller05 View Post
My guess is that people are trying to sell it to move up to a house. I dont know who would spend $240K on a condo in Ronkonkoma when you can get a home for that? Unless your retired and dont want to do yard work!

Ronkonkoma, NY, Real Estate Listings and Ronkonkoma Single Family Home for Sale - REALTOR.com®
Taxes and upkeep. I think the taxes on most units are under 2,000 a year. Even the crapiest house in Ronkonkoma will have over 4K in taxes easily.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2009, 11:08 PM

9,933 posts, read 23,161,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wollytech View Post
Does anyone know why there are 10 condo listings within Nob Hill area? Does this mean area is going downhill or just reflecting the bad economy?
Could be people older owners moving south or young people moving up to a single family house while prices are low and interest rates make a house affordable And if you have (small) children, it's better to have your own backyard where you don't have to pay attention to the "rules"...

Old 06-30-2009, 09:46 AM

4,533 posts, read 8,343,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elke Mariotti View Post
Could be people older owners moving south or young people moving up to a single family house while prices are low and interest rates make a house affordable And if you have (small) children, it's better to have your own backyard where you don't have to pay attention to the "rules"...
I think its a mixture of both.

I don't know anything about Nob Hill itself, but I know the area. The area is not going downhill, I just think people want to get out and upgrade or move off the island.

Nob Hill is situated between Old Nichols Road and Richmond Blvd. Old Nichols road is a very busy road during morning and evening rush hour. During the morning rush, everyone is headed towards the expressway. In the evening everyone is headed in the opposite direction. All in all, it is a fairly quiet area as far as I know, though I don't know what it is like on nights over the weekend.

Old 06-30-2009, 09:59 AM

27 posts, read 63,338 times
I got curious about the listings because it's such a small condo community. Who knows with some luck I might be able to afford a until in there.

Old 06-30-2009, 10:34 AM

1,302 posts, read 3,307,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wollytech View Post
Does anyone know why there are 10 condo listings within Nob Hill area? Does this mean area is going downhill or just reflecting the bad economy?
Between the north and south side complexes there are hundreds and hundreds of condos. I would not call 10 listings high, given the proportion. For what it's worth my brother in-law owns in there, I have frequently used the pool and we have utilized the main clubhouse for family events. I find it to be very nice, and the grounds are kept very neat. Just my two cents.

Old 06-30-2009, 10:39 AM

My problem with the place is that I have searched the satellite images and I can't find the Hill. Very misleading name.

Old 06-30-2009, 10:46 AM

1,302 posts, read 3,307,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebobs View Post
My problem with the place is that I have searched the satellite images and I can't find the Hill. Very misleading name.
Right next to the "Nob"...can't miss it.

Old 06-30-2009, 06:57 PM

9,933 posts, read 23,161,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrprofess View Post
Funny!

Old 06-30-2009, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrprofess View Post

Uh well, I kinda did miss it. Pulled in there tonight to find the hill only I ended up running over the "Nob" and knocked it over.

They're scrambling to come up with a new name.

Old 01-20-2012, 11:01 AM

1 posts, read 3,138 times
The community itself is nice, as well as the apartments. The board of managers are anal, though. The fine people for anything and everything, whenever anyone complains, without investigating the complaints or anything. Someone claimed that our neighbour is renting out her apartment. She's right next to us, so we know she's not, but they still fined her $2K for it. The neighbor below us complained about TV noise from our apartment. We don't watch TV, so the guy must just like complaining (there were some construction guys warking in the main hall on morning, after 9am. he didn't like the noise, so he ran out cursing at them). So now the board is telling us that they won't extend our lease when it expires in half a year, even though I explained to them that we're not actually causing any noise. So if you want to get something here, keep in mind the board of managers...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island