Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-08-2010, 07:01 PM

13 posts, read 50,509 times

Advertisements

Looking to move within the next few months. Looking for a 2 or 3 bedroom in Ronkonkoma in the Connetquot school district. Any suggestions or available rentals please let me know. Also, does anyone know about Nob Hill? Can you rent in there?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2010, 10:10 PM

9,933 posts, read 23,161,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mydestiny81 View Post
Looking to move within the next few months. Looking for a 2 or 3 bedroom in Ronkonkoma in the Connetquot school district. Any suggestions or available rentals please let me know. Also, does anyone know about Nob Hill? Can you rent in there?
It's quite nice in there and yes, you can rent if/whenever a rental is available. Just make sure the owner has the proper permit from the Town for the rental...

Old 04-09-2010, 07:04 AM

13,511 posts, read 17,040,812 times
Nob Hill will be hit or miss for rentals as it is a condo complex and most residents are owners..

There are also a few apartment complexes that are in that district, including Heatherwood at Lakeland, although make sure you are aware that at least $250 of your security deposit you will never see, without fail. They have 2 bedroom apts in there. You might be able to rent a small house for not much more than one of those apt, although of course you'll have to pay for oil.

Old 04-09-2010, 08:00 AM

2,666 posts, read 7,337,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
Nob Hill will be hit or miss for rentals as it is a condo complex and most residents are owners..

There are also a few apartment complexes that are in that district, including Heatherwood at Lakeland, although make sure you are aware that at least $250 of your security deposit you will never see, without fail. They have 2 bedroom apts in there. You might be able to rent a small house for not much more than one of those apt, although of course you'll have to pay for oil.
You have got to be kidding....

Here is how they work.... $250 is the initial fee you pay for re-decoration, remember, you have not even set your foot in the apartment yet, and that money is gone the moment you sign the check.
When you leave, you can kiss bye bye to about half of your monthly rent (that is only if you are leaving the apartment in better condition than you got it for, else you can lose your entire months deposit)

To be fair to them, living there is nice, sometimes you have a pet control problem where a few owners just let their dogs poo anywhere they want (maybe in front of your unit in the grass) and stuff like that, but all in all the stay will be okay. If you can live with the above, then its not a bad place.

By the way you can get a 2 bed for about $1600 +/- $100 depending on how they are priced now, heat is included (they do charge some premium in the winters, maybe $10-$20 per month for heat), another big issue is that the 2 bed does not have an extra bath, not even 0.5 bath.

There are a couple of complexes on Veterans Highway, just north of the LIE, you can check them out too. Good luck in your search.

Old 04-09-2010, 07:12 PM

is the complex you are talking about Colony Park or the Heatherwood by Kohls? I am definately looking to stay in the same school district. Do you know the names of the complexes? thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by zulu400 View Post
You have got to be kidding....

Here is how they work.... $250 is the initial fee you pay for re-decoration, remember, you have not even set your foot in the apartment yet, and that money is gone the moment you sign the check.
When you leave, you can kiss bye bye to about half of your monthly rent (that is only if you are leaving the apartment in better condition than you got it for, else you can lose your entire months deposit)

To be fair to them, living there is nice, sometimes you have a pet control problem where a few owners just let their dogs poo anywhere they want (maybe in front of your unit in the grass) and stuff like that, but all in all the stay will be okay. If you can live with the above, then its not a bad place.

By the way you can get a 2 bed for about $1600 +/- $100 depending on how they are priced now, heat is included (they do charge some premium in the winters, maybe $10-$20 per month for heat), another big issue is that the 2 bed does not have an extra bath, not even 0.5 bath.

There are a couple of complexes on Veterans Highway, just north of the LIE, you can check them out too. Good luck in your search.

Old 04-09-2010, 07:14 PM

Do you know how I could find rentals in Nob Hill? I prefer not to go through a broker. Do they have a rental office or a place where they put up rentals listings? Thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post

Old 04-09-2010, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Do you know how I could find rentals in Nob Hill? I prefer not to go through a broker. Do they have a rental office or a place where they put up rentals listings? Thanks.

Every once in a while someone will post something on the Board of the Community Center but that's mostly if one of them is for sale.

Most rentals go through Realtors . If an owner wants to rent out their condo, listing it with an agent makes more sense, because they have more exposure; also, the agent (generally) pre-screens prospective tenants and it doesn't cost the owners anything extra. If priced correctly, they rent pretty quickly.

Old 04-10-2010, 02:56 PM

Could you tell me what a 2 or 3 bedroom usually rent for? Are any utilities included?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elke Mariotti View Post
Every once in a while someone will post something on the Board of the Community Center but that's mostly if one of them is for sale.

Most rentals go through Realtors . If an owner wants to rent out their condo, listing it with an agent makes more sense, because they have more exposure; also, the agent (generally) pre-screens prospective tenants and it doesn't cost the owners anything extra. If priced correctly, they rent pretty quickly.

Old 04-10-2010, 10:36 PM

2,666 posts, read 7,337,902 times
Quote:
is the complex you are talking about Colony Park or the Heatherwood by Kohls? I am definately looking to stay in the same school district. Do you know the names of the complexes? thanks
They both are under the same management, I was talking abt Colony park.

Old 04-11-2010, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Could you tell me what a 2 or 3 bedroom usually rent for? Are any utilities included?
No 3 BRs; 2 BRs currently renting for about $1,600/mo; utilities incl. except for electric. Nice Community pool which they seem to keep very clean (has been clean every time I've shown there...).
They do have a "no pets" policy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island