Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-11-2020, 08:36 AM

13,055 posts, read 18,102,621 times

Advertisements

And here I thought this had all been taken care of permanently by the meetings in Upper Brookville.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2020, 08:40 AM

2,589 posts, read 1,824,752 times
Apparently, aircraft silence is now a bigger problem than aircraft noise. Capitalism 1, Nimbys 0.

Old 05-11-2020, 01:50 PM

18,468 posts, read 31,624,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TransplantedFloridian View Post
You know this is temporary, right? In fact, people, myself included, are going to be traveling heavily once this is all cleared up. Get ready for a barrage of aircraft over your homes.

HA HA HA

YOU FELL RIGHT INTO IT, OH I SO KNEW YOU'D BE THE FIRST TO RESPOND.

ofcourse flights will resume once this virus is over, but I so knew you'd be the first one to say something, and you did, you actually did.

omg, you fell right into it.

Im actually laughing at you right now.

Old 05-11-2020, 02:38 PM

1,481 posts, read 2,224,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
HA HA HA

YOU FELL RIGHT INTO IT, OH I SO KNEW YOU'D BE THE FIRST TO RESPOND.

ofcourse flights will resume once this virus is over, but I so knew you'd be the first one to say something, and you did, you actually did.

omg, you fell right into it.

Im actually laughing at you right now.
Of course I did. With the exception of the Covid threads, this place isn't very active these days. So, sure, 7 hours after you posted, I responded. Boy, you sure got me good!

Old 05-11-2020, 06:40 PM

18,468 posts, read 31,624,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TransplantedFloridian View Post
Of course I did. With the exception of the Covid threads, this place isn't very active these days. So, sure, 7 hours after you posted, I responded. Boy, you sure got me good!

thats right the airline business is down, guess you must be awfully bored,

Old 08-02-2020, 12:00 PM

7 posts, read 3,103 times
Right we all moved here at one point and knew about the planes but the FAA has created new procedures out LGA to allow for more ILS APPROACHES which puts virtually EVERY arrivals over East Hills, Roslyn, Alberson, Manhasset Hills and New Hyde Park.

Traffic skyrocketed except due to COVID and the FAA will tell you to your face the higher the demand the more the ILS gets used.

Essentially if there are 30 planes or less the planes can use the VOR route over Mineola and Garden City, but if there are more than 30 they SWITCH back to ILS and put about 34planes to runway 22Left and 14 to runway 22Right which you can still hear if you live under the approach to 22L. That's 48 an HOUR.

Additionally the VOR doesn't handle much bad weather so we absorb almost all bad weather traffic in the summer.

Its not new residents coming in complaining its a change in operations.

Tell the FAA to use the VOR 22L or RNAV RNP to 22L approach whenever possible for Noise Abatement!!!

Old 08-02-2020, 12:06 PM

The way to OFFICIALLY make your complaint heard by the FAA is writing Please use the VOR APPROACH to 22Left at JFK whenever possible for noise abatement at the website below. PUT TOO FREQUENT AND CHANGE IN FLIGHT PATTERN. Don't write too loud or too low....it's more powerful to get technical!

You can use this website to file a complaint

https://www.planenoise.com/panynj/daPRAbr9/qs114wbt.php

Old 08-02-2020, 12:09 PM

Right we all moved here at one point and knew about the planes BUT the FAA has created new procedures out LGA to allow for more ILS APPROACHES into the 22s at JFK, which puts virtually EVERY arrival into JFK International Airport over East Hills, Roslyn, Alberson, Manhasset Hills and New Hyde Park.

Traffic skyrocketed, except due to COVID, and the FAA will tell you to your face..... the higher the ARRIVAL RATE the MORE the ILS gets used. The ILS is EXTREMELY PRESISE. The FAA should make more RNAV procedures over Hempstead Turnpike, and Southern State, but right now they hardly use the alternatives they have.

Essentially if there are 30 planes or less the planes can use the VOR route over Mineola and Garden City, but if there are more than 30 they SWITCH back to ILS and put about 34planes to runway 22Left and 14 to runway 22Right, which you can still hear if you live under the approach to 22L. That's 48 an HOUR.

Additionally, for safety the VOR approach is less precise and does not handle much bad weather, so....... We absorb almost all bad weather traffic in the summer!

Its not new residents coming in complaining its a change in operations.

Tell the FAA to use the VOR 22L or RNAV RNP to 22L approach whenever possible for Noise Abatement!!!

Last edited by Newhydeparkresident; 08-02-2020 at 12:30 PM..

Old 08-02-2020, 12:12 PM

https://www.planenoise.com/panynj/daPRAbr9/qs114wbt.php

Old 08-02-2020, 12:17 PM

34,074 posts, read 47,260,557 times
LGA was 21st busiest in USA according to 2018 numbers.

Forum TOS: https://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island