Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2011, 11:44 AM

577 posts, read 979,308 times

Advertisements

Are you tired of the non-stop airplanes flying over your home in Westbury, Mineola, Williston Park, East Williston, Garden City & Stewart Manor?

If so the FAA & Port Authority will be having a major meeting on Monday 10/24/11. Many Federal & State elected officials will also be present. Come and have your voice heard.

[SIZE=4]Monday, October 24, 2011 at 7:30 PM At Laurence High School Auditorium, 2 Reilly Road, Cedarhurst, New York[/SIZE]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2011, 12:53 PM
s13

797 posts, read 1,280,290 times
You live somewhere that's within minutes of two of the country's busiest airports, which have probably both been here longer than you have. I'm sure Suffolk County would love to have you if the noise disturbs you that much.

Old 10-22-2011, 03:50 PM

1,103 posts, read 1,996,280 times
Another NIMBY I Hope to God the Town don"t give into these people

Old 10-22-2011, 06:26 PM

1,599 posts, read 3,117,456 times
They should ban airplanes from flying over the airport too!

Old 10-22-2011, 06:37 PM

3,686 posts, read 8,705,479 times
Oh, I feel so sorry for the poor souls that live in Garden City. Stuff some cotten in your ears and open your checkbooks to pay your fair share of taxes for once.

Old 10-23-2011, 01:55 PM

7,658 posts, read 19,171,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gpsma View Post
Oh, I feel so sorry for the poor souls that live in Garden City. Stuff some cotten in your ears and open your checkbooks to pay your fair share of taxes for once.

POUNDING lol

Old 10-24-2011, 08:10 AM

999 posts, read 2,357,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crv1010 View Post
Are you tired of the non-stop airplanes flying over your home in Westbury, Mineola, Williston Park, East Williston, Garden City & Stewart Manor?

If so the FAA & Port Authority will be having a major meeting on Monday 10/24/11. Many Federal & State elected officials will also be present. Come and have your voice heard.

[SIZE=4]Monday, October 24, 2011 at 7:30 PM At Laurence High School Auditorium, 2 Reilly Road, Cedarhurst, New York[/SIZE]
A little advice.... i am 3rd generation from Howard Beach, my Great grandparents were there when they started building that airport known as idlewild, then my grandparents and my parents...
My grandparents house was taken from them when the AP expanded...
(TAKEN, they aren't going to change anything for you, and the NOISE is nothing like it is in HB were i lived)
The noise has gotten better with the new motors and EVENTUALLY it's not even an issue anymore...

Noise will not kill you, and it's not even what it used to be, most of the 747's have been fitted with the new motors and you don't and will never experience the SST, which even that wasn't all that bad, and these planes all go DIRECTLY over my parents house that i grew up in , and they all lived in the same neighborhood...
Maybe over my parents house by 50 feet

Westbury, Mineola, Williston Park, East Williston, Garden City & Stewart Manor Those locations, you are being a little spoiled girl, you have no noise or QOL issues... so just stop being a cry baby...

You want to hear noise let me know, we can have coffee on my parents or grandparents decks

Quote:
Originally Posted by s13 View Post
You live somewhere that's within minutes of two of the country's busiest airports, which have probably both been here longer than you have. I'm sure Suffolk County would love to have you if the noise disturbs you that much.

We got enough idiots out here that complain and ruin things, and make bs issues about stupid issues that do not exist......

OP do not move here, move to HB then move back to westbury and see how you love it

Quote:
Originally Posted by motoracer51 View Post
They should ban airplanes from flying over the airport too!

They should ban people from being idiots, they should hold that meeting at there houses and then bring a big guy to slap them with a board when the home owner has to say " wait wait, quiet everyone, you hear that" bam right in the mouth....

The problem is they're afraid to say, "are you serious"

The faa is going to listen and then do nothing, it's like the few asshats that moved to my old neighborhood and wasted money on class action suits, lol, my grandparents told them, my parents told them, i told them your stupid and wasting your money it'll never work...... guess what

enjoy that wasted time at the meeting crv1010.....

Old 10-24-2011, 08:11 AM

20,935 posts, read 28,420,556 times
If noisy planes bother you than come and live near 111. I have tractor trailers, cars, buses all kinds of noise. You do get used to it. There are more important issues in this world than Airplanes flying over head and causing a noise disturbance.

Old 10-24-2011, 12:41 PM

577 posts, read 979,308 times
I'd like to thank everyone for their support. Don't forget the meeting's tonight (Monday nite)

Monday, October 24, 2011 at 7:30 PM At Laurence High School Auditorium, 2 Reilly Road, Cedarhurst, New York

Old 10-24-2011, 02:02 PM

9,531 posts, read 15,882,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autoracer9 View Post
Another NIMBY I Hope to God the Town don"t give into these people
Do you get them? If you're saying that because you actually get them too and don't mind, understand that people purposely chose inner streets in towns with little to no commercial even near them because they like peace in suburbia. Airplanes are not easy to catch when you're looking to buy in a neighborhood. And they weren't even flying here till very recently. If it's temporary, it's no big deal.

BTW, you're using NIMBY wrong. There is no greater good that people are sacrificing for here. People don't want it just like they don't want Harleys going down their streets every hour.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island