Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-27-2016, 06:51 PM

4 posts, read 3,864 times

Advertisements

Lmao, admins deleting posts they think aren't on topic. Stop censoring us. Societal changes, which is what the goal of this thread is, happens through politics, particularly through political revolutions when the corporations have taken too much control of society. Read history.

If you want to send a message to Chuck Schumer and Kirsten Gilibrand you need to band together with the Bernie Sanders revolution. When we stand together we can change this airplane atrocity. Over 90% of 18-34 yr olds support the Bernie political revolution. That's a huge base of political power to beat Schumer and Gillibrand. They are scared, they see the writing on the wall. This is our answer.

Last edited by Josam27o7; 12-27-2016 at 07:05 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2016, 08:17 PM

11,025 posts, read 7,847,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josam27o7 View Post
Lmao, admins deleting posts they think aren't on topic. Stop censoring us. Societal changes, which is what the goal of this thread is, happens through politics, particularly through political revolutions when the corporations have taken too much control of society. Read history.

If you want to send a message to Chuck Schumer and Kirsten Gilibrand you need to band together with the Bernie Sanders revolution. When we stand together we can change this airplane atrocity. Over 90% of 18-34 yr olds support the Bernie political revolution. That's a huge base of political power to beat Schumer and Gillibrand. They are scared, they see the writing on the wall. This is our answer.
Having a politician save us from the politicians - Priceless!

Old 12-28-2016, 06:18 AM

19,219 posts, read 17,102,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josam27o7 View Post

And obviously there was not enough of them registered and involved to ensure his ability to secure the nomination....

Maybe there will be an app next time so these enlightened youth don't need to be inconvenienced..

Old 12-28-2016, 06:46 AM

13,057 posts, read 18,129,851 times
Yet, in essence, another thread about NIMBYISM and also for some not taking responsibility for ones actions. Many want improvements and the latest in technology but when the flight path changes and they fly over your home, not so much.
On another level, you are new to the housing market and buy a home in a flight path and then complain.

For 59 years I lived in a flight path and it was never a big deal to me. We had many summer parties and it was simply part of living on LI. I now live in an area that sees virtually no planes except for a flyover once a week. Everytime I return, I always glance skyward to see the planes.

IF you want no planes then ask about the flight paths if you are close to an airport. If planes bother you, you don't buy by an airport.

This aircraft noise thread is getting old.

Old 12-28-2016, 06:57 AM

9,254 posts, read 3,589,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuts2uiam View Post
Yet, in essence, another thread about NIMBYISM and also for some not taking responsibility for ones actions.
What "actions" are you talking about here?

Quote:
Many want improvements and the latest in technology but when the flight path changes and they fly over your home, not so much.
No one here is clamoring for the implementation of NextGen so the airlines can increase their profits.

Quote:
On another level, you are new to the housing market and buy a home in a flight path and then complain.
Had you the semblance of reading skills, you would realize this is the opposite of the complaints being voiced. People are upset that they bought a home not in a flight path, but that flight paths were subsequently moved and consolidated without sufficient impact studies or public comment.

Quote:
For 59 years I lived in a flight path and it was never a big deal to me. We had many summer parties and it was simply part of living on LI. I now live in an area that sees virtually no planes except for a flyover once a week. Everytime I return, I always glance skyward to see the planes.
Congratulations! I'm sure you wouldn't mind if someone rerouted the LIRR so the tracks abutted your property without asking or compensating you.

Quote:
IF you want no planes then ask about the flight paths if you are close to an airport. If planes bother you, you don't buy by an airport.
What an ingenious idea. If you aren't willing to let the government commit an unconstitutional taking of your property and subject yourself to new, streamlined aircraft routes above your house, then you cannot live in NYC or any of the surrounding counties. Or near any Metropolis for that matter. What a practical weighing of the interests at stake!

Quote:
This aircraft noise thread is getting old.
No one asked you to comment.

Old 12-28-2016, 09:22 AM
s13

797 posts, read 1,280,876 times
I can't believe this moronic thread is still going. LOL!

WOOSH: the sound of those airplanes going over your homes, also the sound of your complaints going in one ear and out the other. Sorry folks.

Old 12-28-2016, 09:53 AM

55 posts, read 44,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by s13 View Post
I can't believe this moronic thread is still going. LOL!

WOOSH: the sound of those airplanes going over your homes, also the sound of your complaints going in one ear and out the other. Sorry folks.

I guarantee none of these people complaining that this thread is still going on live anywhere near the "arc of doom" which anyone can view by going to webtrak.com. I'm not sure why they come here to insult, mock and otherwise ridicule the concerns of those subject to the nextgen onslaught. Perhaps they're bored. Perhaps they're looking for an outlet for their latent aggression and rather than kick their dogs or wives or husbands they come here and kick us. Well, here's a kick back. Consider it a love tap. But not if you work for the airlines or FAA. No restraint for you.

By the evidence of how long this thread is, one can deduce that this has been and still is a real problem and a serious quality of life issue. That posts have slowed down doesn't mean it's changed. If you have nothing constructive to add here, then why not stay away? Because you look like a troll or just insensitive and totally inconsiderate. But I suppose that doesn't matter. You people are all over the internet. You are ugly but ugliness is a part of life. Just like assaults on public peace and quiet.

Now, go ahead.... I can hear you typing away with your gorgeous claws.

Old 12-28-2016, 10:01 AM

20,058 posts, read 20,872,330 times
Eminent domain anything in the flight patterns.
Relocate everyone to New Jersey or Westchester.

Old 12-28-2016, 10:09 AM

983 posts, read 725,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackieavenue View Post
I guarantee none of these people complaining that this thread is still going on live anywhere near the "arc of doom" which anyone can view by going to webtrak.com. I'm not sure why they come here to insult, mock and otherwise ridicule the concerns of those subject to the nextgen onslaught. Perhaps they're bored. Perhaps they're looking for an outlet for their latent aggression and rather than kick their dogs or wives or husbands they come here and kick us. Well, here's a kick back. Consider it a love tap. But not if you work for the airlines or FAA. No restraint for you.

By the evidence of how long this thread is, one can deduce that this has been and still is a real problem and a serious quality of life issue. That posts have slowed down doesn't mean it's changed. If you have nothing constructive to add here, then why not stay away? Because you look like a troll or just insensitive and totally inconsiderate. But I suppose that doesn't matter. You people are all over the internet. You are ugly but ugliness is a part of life. Just like assaults on public peace and quiet.

WOW! Nice post!

I don't understand either why they'd come and troll. The only non pathetic reason would be they work for the FAA PR dept.

Old 12-28-2016, 03:16 PM
s13

797 posts, read 1,280,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackieavenue View Post

NextGen whiners: taking NIMBY to new heights... literally.

Someone else had to deal with aircraft noise before, now you do and they don't anymore. That's life, it ain't always fair. Don't live near one of the busiest tourist destinations in the world if you don't want to hear airplanes.

P.S. you're on a public message board, not a safe space. If you don't want your dumb concerns mocked, I'm sure there's some NIMBY echo chamber you can post them on instead.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island