Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-21-2007, 09:26 PM

1,696 posts, read 5,191,955 times

Advertisements

Hey what page is that list on?? Yes I wanna send it too someone!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2007, 09:49 PM

2,865 posts, read 9,365,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by woodturner View Post
greetings,

i grew up in woodmere and went to hewlett hs 57-61 then left the state in 67 after college at nyit in manhattan. i remember many of the places you had on your list and am sorry to see some of them are gone but in the 40 years i have been away it's to be expected. i am trying to write a funny short story about some of my years there on the south shore and thought of wetsons on sunrise highway. we would go there to eat and pick up drag races, mainly from the light on that corner heading east so everyone could watch from the parking lot. could write lots more but dont want to bore anyone. if anyone out there went to hewlett hs same years i did please write.

thanks

Len Q
Yes Wetson's, 15 cent hamburgers! I was there but was a child in parents car.Nope, Went to Lawrence schools

Diane

Old 08-21-2007, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momix5 View Post
Just a question does Sizzler exist anywhere outside of LI!?
Yes, We have it in Nashville along with every chain that exists.

Diane

Old 08-21-2007, 10:44 PM

278 posts, read 802,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4StanleyCups View Post
Okay, here's something I was reminded of today. I apologize if it comes across as being a "downer" but I don't mean it that way...

You know those "memorials" that people sometimes place at the site of where a loved one died in a car accident....we've all seen them.... Are they a uniquely Long Island thing? I seem to recall reading something a few years ago that said these aren't usually done in other areas, and that there's a tacit understanding that they aren't removed by whatever entity maintains our roadways.

It is true that I never noticed any of them when driving in CT, NJ, RI and Mass ... so now I wonder if they are indeed a "Long Island thing"?

Has anyone else seen 'memorials' at all, or with any regularity, elsewhere than on LI?
I'm originally from LI, now in FL, and I see these memorials all over the place here. So I guess it's not exclusive to LI.........

Old 08-22-2007, 05:04 AM

5,072 posts, read 9,144,053 times
The home made memorials are illegal in many states and get removed by the clean up crews. Some states will allow a memorial sign to be purchased and placed at the scene of the accident.

Old 08-22-2007, 02:47 PM

553 posts, read 1,934,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diane Giam View Post
Yes, We have it in Nashville along with every chain that exists.

Diane
hey have you eatin in someplace in nashville,the last part is called roadhouse? I forgot the name but boy that place had the best steak I have had in a very long time.
Oh yea you know your from long Island if your used to being broke.

Old 08-22-2007, 04:01 PM

991 posts, read 4,618,014 times
Anyone remember Chandlers pub in Port Jfferson?

Old 08-22-2007, 06:38 PM

5 posts, read 21,183 times
Rember BRENTWOOD,charlies hotdogs,jack-in-the-box,grants,the park,great memories

Old 08-22-2007, 11:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY62 View Post
hey have you eatin in someplace in nashville,the last part is called roadhouse? I forgot the name but boy that place had the best steak I have had in a very long time.
Oh yea you know your from long Island if your used to being broke.
Texas Roadhouse I Assume. Yes I have, the one in Cool Springs in the Mall Parking Lot, which is not far from my home.

Diane

Old 08-22-2007, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momix5 View Post
Anyone remember Chandlers pub in Port Jfferson?
I do! I went there one New Years Eve before my children were born. I lived in Mt Sinai at the time.

Diane
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island