Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2021, 02:37 PM

5,075 posts, read 3,974,590 times

Advertisements

At this point he might think the only way to retain a shred of dignity is NOT to resign in disgrace.

Things going from bad to worse for Cuomo. The furious Dems in the NY assembly are now making the point (using NYT and WSJ info) that by concealing the data regarding the real Nursing Home death toll, the legislature was kept in the dark and could not take the steps necessary to save lives. And now we know Cuomo had that data.

Plus, some of his later and most furious of coverups were four days prior to the book’s release... as the NYT pointedly notes.

This is above and beyond the obvious point his policies themselves may have killed older folks.

(And of course the ‘minor’ scandal keeps worsening...one of his harassment victims is a sex assault survivor and was interviewed in depth regarding this on CBS)

Last edited by Quick Commenter; 03-05-2021 at 02:46 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2021, 03:49 PM

22,686 posts, read 36,866,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdawg8181 View Post
But if she chose to ‘put up with it’ thats on her. It obv wasnt as bad as she made it out to be
What a ridiculous statement. You're blaming the wrong person. Why should SHE quit a job she likes and worked hard for? Please turn in your girl card.

It's 2021 and we're supposed to believe the governor of NYS doesn't know it's not ok not to get chummy with staff, asking crazy personal questions. Men like this do it when they think they are untouchable. He's just a lowlife.

Old 03-05-2021, 04:21 PM

12,766 posts, read 18,405,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twingles View Post
What a ridiculous statement. You're blaming the wrong person. Why should SHE quit a job she likes and worked hard for? Please turn in your girl card.

It's 2021 and we're supposed to believe the governor of NYS doesn't know it's not ok not to get chummy with staff, asking crazy personal questions. Men like this do it when they think they are untouchable. He's just a lowlife.
He is a lowlife but by her not immediately taking action shows it wasn’t as bad as she claims. She was able to live enough with it.

So is she lying about the severity of it? I dont deny Cuomo may have been flirtatious in certain instances. As far as Boylan there were 4 other ppl on the plane & not one heard any conversation about strip poker

Old 03-05-2021, 04:44 PM

22,686 posts, read 36,866,029 times
There's no level of "severity" that acceptable and there's hasn't been since you were in college. I guarantee he makes his staff go to all the usual training on sexual harrassment that every other company has but he thinks the rules don't apply to him. Typical non apology "apology" too I'm sorry if YOU were offended. I'm sure there's a long line of women going years back deciding whether it's worth it to come out of the woodwork now. And again you have it backward - it's not incumbent on the woman to come forward or quit her job - it's on the man to not do it. "I never knew I was making anyone uncomfortable" OMG he sounds like an 80 year old. You're the governor your behavior should be above reproach at all times. If you're honestly telling me if you got a new boss tomorrow and he harrassed you next week you would quit on the spot I'm sorry but I don't buy it.

Old 03-05-2021, 04:49 PM

20,151 posts, read 20,937,684 times
Anybody that even attempts to defend or reason for this scumbag is just as guilty as him.

Old 03-05-2021, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twingles View Post
There's no level of "severity" that acceptable and there's hasn't been since you were in college. I guarantee he makes his staff go to all the usual training on sexual harrassment that every other company has but he thinks the rules don't apply to him. Typical non apology "apology" too I'm sorry if YOU were offended. I'm sure there's a long line of women going years back deciding whether it's worth it to come out of the woodwork now. And again you have it backward - it's not incumbent on the woman to come forward or quit her job - it's on the man to not do it. "I never knew I was making anyone uncomfortable" OMG he sounds like an 80 year old. You're the governor your behavior should be above reproach at all times. If you're honestly telling me if you got a new boss tomorrow and he harrassed you next week you would quit on the spot I'm sorry but I don't buy it.
I would quit because unfortunately you can’t change ppl like that. & it’s not worth going into a workplace day in & day out & being fearful of it. Yeah Cuomo shouldnt have done that but by her keeping it to herself like that does no one any good including her.

Theyve already said no one else on the plane heard anything about strip poker. Maybe he said something else but it seems like it wasn’t that.

Just bc im a woman doesnt mean im automatically going to believe women. I need to see concrete evidence before i make up my mind

Old 03-06-2021, 03:09 AM

5,075 posts, read 3,974,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdawg8181 View Post
I would quit because unfortunately you can’t change ppl like that. & it’s not worth going into a workplace day in & day out & being fearful of it. Yeah Cuomo shouldnt have done that but by her keeping it to herself like that does no one any good including her.

Theyve already said no one else on the plane heard anything about strip poker. Maybe he said something else but it seems like it wasn’t that.

Just bc im a woman doesnt mean im automatically going to believe women. I need to see concrete evidence before i make up my mind
You seem unaware that one of the women (Ms. Bennet) immediately reported the sexual harassment and was immediately reassigned elsewhere in the state system:

https://www.newsday.com/news/region-...ent-1.50174521

(Three separate women have recently made allegations of sexual harassment by the Governor.)

Last edited by Quick Commenter; 03-06-2021 at 04:39 AM..

Old 03-06-2021, 05:15 AM

874 posts, read 730,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Commenter View Post
You seem unaware that one of the women (Ms. Bennet) immediately reported the sexual harassment and was immediately reassigned elsewhere in the state system:

(Three separate women have recently made allegations of sexual harassment by the Governor.)

speaking of people quitting, 9 of cuomos "covid19 health experts" have quit.

Im serious when I say if a teacher made this a research project in high school or even in junior high school, where you have to write essays and such, and find your 2 references to pass the class, that a 14 year old child, just looking a the facts, would come to the conclusion that cuomo is making up the laws as hes goes along. there is no science behind this, either that or nobody here has a basic high school education and your all a bunch of drop outs living in moms basement....

its no wonder, I have been asking for anyone with a high school education to show me 2 sources of where cuomo is getting his "expert" advice and now its coming out that he has been dictating covid19 health policies as he sees fit, not based on science, hence the 11 PM cerfew, and not being allowed to eat in NYC but allowed to eat in long island.

this man is making up laws as he goes along, and everyone finds out at his Emmy award winning press confreres

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/02/01/n...ials-quit.html

9 Top N.Y. Health Officials Have Quit as Cuomo Scorns Expertise

“When I say ‘experts’ in air quotes, it sounds like I’m saying I don’t really trust the experts,” Gov. Andrew Cuomo said of pandemic policies. “Because I don’t.”

The deputy commissioner for public health at the New York State Health Department resigned in late summer. Soon after, the director of its bureau of communicable disease control also stepped down. So did the medical director for epidemiology. Last month, the state epidemiologist said she, too, would be leaving.
The drumbeat of high-level departures in the middle of the pandemic came as morale plunged in the Health Department and senior health officials expressed alarm to one another over being sidelined and treated disrespectfully, according to five people with direct experience inside the department.
Their concern had an almost singular focus: Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo.
Even as the pandemic continues to rage and New York struggles to vaccinate a large and anxious population, Mr. Cuomo has all but declared war on his own public health bureaucracy. The departures have underscored the extent to which pandemic policy has been set by the governor, who with his aides crafted a vaccination program beset by early delays.

In Albany, tensions worsened in recent months as state health officials said they often found out about major changes in pandemic policy only after Mr. Cuomo announced them at news conferences — and then asked them to match their health guidance to the announcements.

Quote:
Originally Posted by monstermagnet View Post

Not a baseball game. Weird analogy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by monstermagnet View Post
If the experts tattooed the facts on your forehead and handed you a mirror, you still wouldn't believe them (or understand them).

this is literally like changing the rules of a baseball game in the 9th inning... of the world series

In Albany, tensions worsened in recent months as state health officials said they often found out about major changes in pandemic policy only after Mr. Cuomo announced them at news conferences — and then asked them to match their health guidance to the announcements.

Last edited by broke&30; 03-06-2021 at 05:31 AM..

Old 03-06-2021, 07:19 AM

Quote:

So she was re-assigned. Therefore there was no longer an issue.

Bennett’s story seems the most credible but I am wondering why she would even have answered those questions. That just adds fuel to the fire. Now Cuomo ABSOLUTELY SHOULD NOT HAVE ASKED THAT ... however it wasn’t like a gun was pointed to her forcing her to answer.

“The gov is trying to sleep with me” ... debatable. If you’re an attractive woman, a lot of men are going to want to sleep with you. There’s a difference between ‘wanting’ & ‘trying’

There is also a difference between flirtation & harassment. This is all going to come out in the investigation but until then everything right now is just alleged speculation

One thing of note ... Ruch is a photographer & photo editor. In the pic where Cuomo is grabbing her neck area, his face looks very red I guess from lighting ... but no one else’s does. I’m not saying she edited the photo but it isnt entirely out of the realm of possibilities given her profession

Old 03-06-2021, 09:03 AM

11,655 posts, read 12,738,307 times
Quote:
At this point he might think the only way to retain a shred of dignity is NOT to resign in disgrace.

Things going from bad to worse for Cuomo. The furious Dems in the NY assembly are now making the point (using NYT and WSJ info) that by concealing the data regarding the real Nursing Home death toll, the legislature was kept in the dark and could not take the steps necessary to save lives. And now we know Cuomo had that data.

Plus, some of his later and most furious of coverups were four days prior to the book’s release... as the NYT pointedly notes.

This is above and beyond the obvious point his policies themselves may have killed older folks.

(And of course the ‘minor’ scandal keeps worsening...one of his harassment victims is a sex assault survivor and was interviewed in depth regarding this on CBS)
The governor of Michigan is being accused of doing the exact same thing as the Cuomo nursing home scandal, including falsifying the data. I think the governor of Washington State did something similar. There are calls for the MI governor to resign, but it's not part of the national news-at least not yet. Both governors have a lot of political enemies, but Cuomo has become more of a national figure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island