Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2010, 02:00 PM

10,494 posts, read 27,241,410 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynimagelv View Post
not hot until it goes OVER 110....110 is warm...111 is HOT 115 is F'N HOT 117 is OMFG I'm in hell
I was in Phoenix the day it hit 122. That was so bad that I could not handle it.
http://www.smileyshut.com/smileys/new/3D%20Smiles%20%2838%29.jpg (broken link)

Old 06-06-2010, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavieJ89 View Post
I also find I'm dehydrating VERY easily as well. Im going through about a gallon of water a day and the tap water here is disgusting, even worse then in Florida. Luckily CVS is selling 24 packs of bottled water for $2.44. I went there yesterday and bought 2 of them, so I should be all set for a little while
Your best option is to buy a couple gallon bottles of water. They are about a dollar each at the grocery store. When they run out, go to the Glacier water machines and you can refill them for only a quarter (contrary to the picture below). This is much cheaper and better for the environment than those little bottled water bottles.

Old 06-06-2010, 02:09 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,412,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
I was in Phoenix the day it hit 122. That was so bad that I could not handle it.

She wants me to come visit in August so we can have a "girls' weekend". Her husband will be traveling on business and won't have to put up with us. August?!!!!!! I will probably go because we always have the best time.

Old 06-06-2010, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
She wants me to come visit in August so we can have a "girls' weekend". Her husband will be traveling on business and won't have to put up with us. August?!!!!!! I will probably go because we always have the best time.
August in Phoenix is dreadful. That is when the full monsoon season is going, plus it is very hot temperature wise.

Old 06-06-2010, 02:14 PM

11,177 posts, read 16,016,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
Your best option is to buy a couple gallon bottles of water.
No, your best option is with a cooler full of beer poolside. Which is where I happen to be typing this from! Not only that, but we have the grill fired up and are getting ready to grill up some catfish.

People that hide away indoors in the summer here are weather weenies!

Okay, time to close this message and go for a quick dip before lunch.

Life in Vegas is great!!

Old 06-06-2010, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadManofBethesda View Post
No, your best option is with a cooler full of beer poolside. Which is where I happen to be typing this from! Not only that, but we have the grill fired up and are getting ready to grill up some catfish.

Life in Vegas is great!!
I prefer to stay indoors during the day, then go out at night in the summertime.

Old 06-06-2010, 02:32 PM

549 posts, read 1,380,252 times
Weather weenies? LOL... nice. I'm definitely in that category! I hide from the F'n sun here!

When we moved here in '99 it was HORRIBLE record setting year for Vegas. The 117 omfg I moved to the lowest depth of hell! I HATE the freaking heat here! The sun beats down on you and the heat just sucks any bit of h20 from your body.

In the sun? Heck no! I get all my running around outside done before 11am on most summer days and stay in doors from then until sun down when possible. The neighbors don't and most kids don't come out until 7pm to play in the neighborhood.

This is one aspect of Vegas I will never miss!

Old 06-06-2010, 02:39 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,761,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierramadre44 View Post
Weather weenies? LOL... nice. I'm definitely in that category! I hide from the F'n sun here!

When we moved here in '99 it was HORRIBLE record setting year for Vegas. The 117 omfg I moved to the lowest depth of hell! I HATE the freaking heat here! The sun beats down on you and the heat just sucks any bit of h20 from your body.

In the sun? Heck no! I get all my running around outside done before 11am on most summer days and stay in doors from then until sun down when possible. The neighbors don't and most kids don't come out until 7pm to play in the neighborhood.

This is one aspect of Vegas I will never miss!
But..... "it's a dry heat"

Old 06-06-2010, 03:00 PM

123 posts, read 504,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadManofBethesda View Post

Life in Vegas is great!!
go to your inbox....

Old 06-06-2010, 03:16 PM

10,481 posts, read 25,284,619 times
I don't care what anyone says, it's hot, I stay inside where it's cool. This time of year until around late September, I don't go shopping until around 7p.m when it's a little more bearable. I have lived in the desert most of my life, but I still can't tolerate extreme heat too much during the hottest part of the day.

Here's something fun to do on very hot days if you have to be out there. Stop into Costco and go into their 40 degree freezer section where all the cold produce is. The downside is coming out of there, a blast of heat from inside the store hits you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas