Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2014, 12:05 PM

146 posts, read 529,290 times

Advertisements

Hello World:

It's been a while, and for that I apologize. Career prioritizes an informational thread any day, but that's no excuse from at least making an effort to summarize (albeit more briefly) than I may have in the past.

However, if you've followed this thread, you've probably noticed that more publicity has arisen regarding Inspirada in recent months than in years past. This thread was used to help bring some notice when none was being given, and as such, I feel like that in itself is a tremendous accomplishment!

Here are some high-level updates:

Since April:

1. The transfer of land between Inspirada Builders, LLC and the remaining homebuilders has been completed.
2. The revised development agreement was approved. Of note, home types were expanded to included gated communities within existing pods and more popular single-story homes. Many of the homebuilders have already started the process of including these home types in Villages 2 and 3.
3. The long awaited neighborhood park in between villages 1 and 2 is now open, complete with playgrounds, splash pad, basketball and tennis courts.
4. The 2nd large community park in village 2 is now also open.

Village 1 Update
The only remaining homebulider in Village 1 is Toll Brothers, which now owns the former Meritage land and is completing offsites for their original pod. The builder is making a huge push to complete this community in the next 12 months, given the growth into Village 3, where Toll holds additional land. I'd expect a 12-24 month timeline though, if I'm being realistic. Toll is building a variety of single story and two story homes, but I didn't see much in terms of townhomes.

Village 2 Update
Since last writing, KB Home held three of the four pods within the village, with one nearly completed. The remaining pod was owned by the former Woodside Homes, which was bought in bankuptcy by a third party.

Since then, KB has completed the first pod and recently relocated their homefinding center into the second pod. Offsites have begun on the pod closest to the new neighborhood park between Villages 1 and 2.

Of greatest interest (to me, at least), Pardee Homes recently acquired some of the former Woodside land, with the intention of building homes in Spring 2015. I'm confident that the next 24-36 will see the completion of Villages 1 and 2 and substantial progress in Village 3.

Village 3 Update
Pardee Homes is currently the only homebuilder currently constructing residences in this Village, however their niche is in gated communities within Inspirada, a huge draw for move-up buyers. Having these homes sold will undoubtedly increase comps in the surrounding area. Having Pardee in Village 2 (cannot confirm if gated), should also be beneficial to those in the surrounding area.

Community-Wide
The re-birth of the community has come with it new signage, various infrastructure improvements, including a new stoplight, and the overall sense of a large-scale master planned community. It feels almost like how I imagined Summerlin was in its infancy. The builders are incredibly motiviated, and in particular KB Home. Why wouldn't they, when they have a 70% stake in its success. The community overall has gone through a change since 2007, but the future of Inspirada looks bright.

I encourage everyone to visit Home - Saturday - Inspirada Inspirada and see for yourself just how far along this community has come and the direction it is heading in.

Until next time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2014, 12:11 PM

CalifTransplant:

If you are interested in Inspirada and are looking at build quality, you can't go wrong with any of the homebuilders. Toll has been known by many to have superior build quality, and offers certain exclusive (to the community) items such as tankless water heaters. Toll and Pardee are also more commonly referred to as move-up builders than KB Home, though the product types you are now seeing on their website suggests (with the Reserves, at least) that they are willing to go after the second-home and move up buyer as well.

If you are looking for my personal advice, Toll would be the way to go, but I'd much rather purchase a Toll home that is in Village 3, which is a long way out IMO. A couple of personal reasons:

1. You are buying a Toll in Village 1 with a legacy of different product types that represented a different economic period. Have such a difference in product type would worry me if this is an investment property. You have three story townhomes next to two story townhomes with a roof deck - you have homes with plastic fencing next to those with mason walls. The upcoming model will definitely be the standard going forward, that can be said with certainty. But visiting the area, you'll see right away the difference between Villages 1 and 2.

If the time table is more immediate, might I recommend Pardee Homes? Getting into the gated, larger floorplan/yard homes now will be an investment that will pay off as the community is built out with similiar product.

Hope this helps CalifTransplant. Thread is on life-support, but not dead.

Old 10-14-2014, 06:54 PM

1,110 posts, read 1,908,727 times
I saw the development map. I think it was 12,300 acres or so. Certainly no shortage of homes. Lots of traffic for Via Inspirada/ Bicentennial.

Old 03-09-2015, 04:42 PM

2 posts, read 2,898 times
Default Extension of Democracy Road

Can someone provide me with an update on the status of extending Democracy Road through the Inspirada development. I've noticed that there is a lot of activity going on around the area and starting the construction of a new school. Thanks.

Old 04-30-2015, 04:31 PM

Democracy road will be a ways out, as they have to have enough build-out of the newest villages to justify starting there. I would say 2-3 years is reasonable. If home permits intensify with the brand-new park (Adventura) opening next month, that could accelerate.

Democracy is planned to extend all the way to Las Vegas Blvd.

Old 05-13-2015, 02:24 PM

2 posts, read 2,898 times
Thanks for the reply. I noticed that a new school was going in and that Democracy would be extended to the school. It would be nice if they would continue it on out given all of the construction in the Inspirada area.

Old 05-14-2015, 02:31 PM

391 posts, read 1,029,970 times
Yes (on the extension)...personally if only for access to Sloan Canyon. I use Sloan several times a week for trail running and the place is underrated. I have it very easy (Jeep with a lift), but that powerline road (I cut in from the Inspirada Overlook) has gotten rough enough that a lot of lower AWDs/4WDs have to worry about scraping their undersides significantly if they want to get to the trail head without walking or running in.

Old 11-27-2016, 11:01 AM

3,125 posts, read 3,022,236 times
Can I resurrect this old thread? My husband and I are very interested in moving to Henderson in the next year or two. We are from North Carolina, so it's definitely a big step for us. We don't have any kids but do have pets. We are interested in a smaller, more affordable home from KB Homes. How are things in Inspirada in 2016?

We found the community when we were in Vegas in July, and I've done a ton of research about it. We are so interested that it's making us talk about a much sooner move than we had originally planned, and we are going to be there in December. We're planning on looking into it a little more when we are there, but it'd be nice to have some insight from some who live there.

Old 11-27-2016, 11:27 AM

15,839 posts, read 14,472,390 times
^
You'd probably get a better deal searching the wider area of Henderson for resale homes. You'd probably get a better deal, and have shorter drives in and out.

Old 11-27-2016, 12:00 PM

1,078 posts, read 1,152,683 times
^^^ I agree !
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas