Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-11-2014, 08:33 PM

391 posts, read 1,030,292 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by xafpilot View Post
Is that built on an old toxic brown field? Needless to say, NEVER, NEVER, buy in an unfinished development. Buy near the end of construction so that you can see what will be around you in the coming years and will give a chance to check out potential neighbors.
Huh??? Toxic brown field--provide the link to the conspiracy theory website, pls. Or not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2014, 09:06 PM

1,245 posts, read 1,828,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by icarian View Post
Huh??? Toxic brown field--provide the link to the conspiracy theory website, pls. Or not.
There are building on raw desert land. Any fool can see that.

Old 03-11-2014, 09:17 PM

3,598 posts, read 4,950,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBMW View Post
I'd take that one step further. Never buy a new construction house, unless you had it custom built under your control. If you buy from a tract builder, you're always going to be overpaying. Also, once a house is a couple years old, if there are problems, they'll manifest themselves before you buy.
So not true. I've bought MANY new construction homes... never had a problem. 7 years and counting. Not all tract housing is slapped together.

Last edited by logline; 03-11-2014 at 09:28 PM..

Old 03-12-2014, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayview6 View Post
There are building on raw desert land. Any fool can see that.
I take it that your quoting my post does not equate to your directing that at me (since we both treated the "toxic" reference with a heaping of salt).

Old 03-12-2014, 05:15 PM

1,245 posts, read 1,828,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by icarian View Post
I take it that your quoting my post does not equate to your directing that at me (since we both treated the "toxic" reference with a heaping of salt).
Yes, sorry for the slip-up.

Old 03-13-2014, 08:40 PM

Skugel,

Until Plaster (and his inherently better knowledge) shows ups, the below photos should give a very good overview of the current plan for Inspirada. These photos of the currently approved layout came from the groundbreaking ceremony for the Potenza and Capriola Parks a little over a month ago.

Master Plan Overview

Potenza Park (build in progress by the city--just north of Bicentennial)

Capriola Park (build in progress by the city--just north of Potenza Park)

Adventura Park (yet to be built--no homes around it--south of Bicentennial / towards the dam)

Overlook (who cares? In the vicinity of where via Inspirada becomes Bicentennial)

Old 03-14-2014, 04:06 PM

1,110 posts, read 1,910,005 times
Thank you Icarian. Looks like quite a large project. I guess our quiet little neighborhood is about to get busy.

Old 04-02-2014, 01:06 AM

2 posts, read 3,914 times
So much has been going on I would love to hear from anyone who knows what is going on. I can see the construction, but what is going on? My husband has been making fun of me because I make him drive past the future parks and possible new home sites. I get so excited that something is going on and I make him drive past the construction that the joke has been "the dirt got moved over there to there." Basically I am excited that our little part of town is coming together.... What is going on?

Old 04-02-2014, 08:10 PM

1,110 posts, read 1,910,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brittmama View Post
So much has been going on I would love to hear from anyone who knows what is going on. I can see the construction, but what is going on? My husband has been making fun of me because I make him drive past the future parks and possible new home sites. I get so excited that something is going on and I make him drive past the construction that the joke has been "the dirt got moved over there to there." Basically I am excited that our little part of town is coming together.... What is going on?
Homes, park, pool

Old 04-22-2014, 01:34 PM

146 posts, read 529,412 times
Sorry fo the late LATE response.

I just wrapped up another hectic tax season, but have updates to share with you!

@skugelstadt

The construction just south of Bicentennial is Village 3 of Inspirada, which will contain housing developments from KB Home and Beazer Homes - included is the largest of the proposed Inspirada parks, which will encompass multiple soccer fields, pool(s) and basketball/volleyball courts. They are scheduled to complete the park in 2015 - developers are hoping to break ground on homes in late 2014.

The proposed school is in between Villages 1 and 2, and should be much further from Bicentennial. CCSD has made no effort at this point to propose and construction of an elementary school, citing funding issues. I would expect it should be several years before a school is constructed, unless additional funding and overcrowding in an higher income area of town results in pressure to construct.

The meat of development in 2014 will be focused in Villages 1 and 2 - Toll Brothers is currently doing off-site work for additional SFR's in Village 1 (it only took them 7 years ), citing increased demand for their product - they also have the lion's share (80%) of Meritage's former portion in Village 1.

KB Home will continue to finish offsites for Village 2, with new floor models available by Q3/Q4 2014. Pardee Homes is completing final permit work to acquire the former Woodside blue-top lots located just north of KB Home's existing SFR's in Village 2.

What does this all mean?

Expect 2014/2015 to remain focused on building out Village 1 and 2 as quickly as possible. These Villages were part of the former South Edge legacy, and developers are eager to shed themselves of this former layout and move quickly on the recently re-designed Inspirada project.

In re-designing Inspirada, expect many more aesthetic changes too - the new hummingbird and fonts will be replaced along the front facade along Volunteer (along with a streetlight recently approved by the city). You will also see lighted signage similiar to Anthem Highlands and Anthem Summerlin along Bicentennial, including monument signs welcoming residents to Inspirada (and then Anthem Highlands), creating a larger community feel. These are expected to begin within the next 1-3 months.

Those are the quick and dirty updates - if you have any other questions - feel free to ask! I should have more time now that everyone has finished providing me with last minute tax return information (grrrrrr).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas