Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-22-2014, 01:35 PM

146 posts, read 529,866 times

Advertisements

btw - brownfields ... you must mean Cadence and trust me - they've spent nearly all of their money ensuring that those lands have been devoid of any harmful substances. That said, everyone can be a skeptic, and if you don't want to buy a house on formerly unsuitable land, that is your perogative.

Just don't be a debbie downer about it. :-D
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2014, 06:42 PM

1,110 posts, read 1,913,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plaster3 View Post
Sorry fo the late LATE response.

I just wrapped up another hectic tax season, but have updates to share with you!

@skugelstadt

The construction just south of Bicentennial is Village 3 of Inspirada, which will contain housing developments from KB Home and Beazer Homes - included is the largest of the proposed Inspirada parks, which will encompass multiple soccer fields, pool(s) and basketball/volleyball courts. They are scheduled to complete the park in 2015 - developers are hoping to break ground on homes in late 2014.

The proposed school is in between Villages 1 and 2, and should be much further from Bicentennial. CCSD has made no effort at this point to propose and construction of an elementary school, citing funding issues. I would expect it should be several years before a school is constructed, unless additional funding and overcrowding in an higher income area of town results in pressure to construct.

The meat of development in 2014 will be focused in Villages 1 and 2 - Toll Brothers is currently doing off-site work for additional SFR's in Village 1 (it only took them 7 years ), citing increased demand for their product - they also have the lion's share (80%) of Meritage's former portion in Village 1.

KB Home will continue to finish offsites for Village 2, with new floor models available by Q3/Q4 2014. Pardee Homes is completing final permit work to acquire the former Woodside blue-top lots located just north of KB Home's existing SFR's in Village 2.

What does this all mean?

Expect 2014/2015 to remain focused on building out Village 1 and 2 as quickly as possible. These Villages were part of the former South Edge legacy, and developers are eager to shed themselves of this former layout and move quickly on the recently re-designed Inspirada project.

In re-designing Inspirada, expect many more aesthetic changes too - the new hummingbird and fonts will be replaced along the front facade along Volunteer (along with a streetlight recently approved by the city). You will also see lighted signage similiar to Anthem Highlands and Anthem Summerlin along Bicentennial, including monument signs welcoming residents to Inspirada (and then Anthem Highlands), creating a larger community feel. These are expected to begin within the next 1-3 months.

Those are the quick and dirty updates - if you have any other questions - feel free to ask! I should have more time now that everyone has finished providing me with last minute tax return information (grrrrrr).
Good to see you back Plaster3. Thank you for info.

Old 04-22-2014, 11:12 PM

72 posts, read 99,300 times
Is this the one off Grand Hills Drive?

Old 04-23-2014, 10:59 AM

@ justmethatswhoIam

I believe you are talking about Blue Heron, the developer who acquired parcels within Seven Hills some time ago - those are modern, higher-price point models - I've dealt with them when I was in banking and have nothing but great experiences - I'm almost certain they've pretty much wrapped up the Seven Hills development area, unless I am mistaken. Demand for their product has grown quite a bit - they've now expanded near Green Valley, atop a nice hill overlooking the entire city...

Old 04-25-2014, 06:42 PM

Although a little late, here's what KB Home President Jeffrey Metzger had to say about Inspirada for KB Home:

"Another critical accomplishment occurred this quarter at our Inspirada master plan community in Henderson, a desirable suburb of Las Vegas. We successfully concluded negotiations and executed a new development agreement with the city and in turn distributed the land out of the Inspirada joint-venture and back to the participating builders. In our case this placed the valuable 550 acre asset, representing approximately 4,000 lots into inventory on our balance sheet. The Inspirada builders are now working together to fund and develop the infrastructure for future phases, including having already broken ground on 38 acres of parks, trails and open spaces.

We expect to open three new communities later this year, with a fourth product line planned for early 2015. Inspirada is a crown jewel and a very desirable location in an extremely land constrained market. With this new development agreement in place and infrastructure improvements underway, we are confident Inspirada will become the destination community it was envisioned to be. As we bring these new communities online Inspirada will now be a significant source of growth and profits for us in Las Vegas for years to come."

Old 04-28-2014, 10:24 AM

2,420 posts, read 4,377,230 times
I'd like to find a community that has modest size single story homes (1500 sq. ft.) with 2 car garage I don't do stairs, and everything I see new in this size is two story. Anyone know of anything like this?

Old 09-19-2014, 02:45 AM

3 posts, read 4,255 times
Plaster Plaster! Where are you the MASTER of this master planned community? I am a recent OC transplant who's eager to buy and Inspirada has definitely piqued my interest!

What is the current situation now? Had some specific questions around:

The current NEW models available from KB homes? I saw Greencourts and Reserves on their website
How good is the build quality of these homes, compared to Toll? I know Toll has more upgrades built in, but I am referring to the overall quality of construction - the ceilings, plaster, electricals etc
Is it a good time to buy in Inspirada - As in, how have the PPSF changed over the course of the past 2 years?
Has anybody had luck negotiating with KB from what their sell price is as mentioned online?
Is there still room for changes to the plan to say accomodate a game / theater room?

Old 09-19-2014, 08:39 AM

111 posts, read 135,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by modhatter View Post
I'd like to find a community that has modest size single story homes (1500 sq. ft.) with 2 car garage I don't do stairs, and everything I see new in this size is two story. Anyone know of anything like this?
Can you qualify for a 55+ age restricted community? That is, at least one person in the household must be 55+ (kids are still OK)

Old 09-19-2014, 02:21 PM

Hello Modhatter

You may want to look at a particular one-story model from KB that comes under reserves.

Old 09-22-2014, 11:22 PM

I think we can safely assume this thread is dead - so much for all the promise (.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas