Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2009, 12:43 PM

75 posts, read 95,435 times

Advertisements

and the people taking care of your kids?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2009, 01:09 PM

42 posts, read 120,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yourbasicmom View Post
Yup, Las Vegas is a town that is full of tipped workers. You want better service? Better tip.

You want better cards? Better tip. I don't care what anyone else says, cards can change, especially when your play is so predictable. I'm a dealer. I work for tips, and that means if someone is winning, I expect some action. I came to work to make money, and if it's not going to be for me - then it's going to be for the house.
Your attitude is the problem with most "tip-oriented" jobs in VEgas today. A tip is "expected" for doing one's job. This should NEVER be the case. A tip is EARNED when one performs one's duties above the normal job description.
Just because someone wins at your table does NOT mean you deserve a tip.
Did you smile while dealing? Did you POLITELY answer questions from your employer i.e. customer? Did you call for a waitress when it was clear your boss (customer) wanted another drink. Did you make their overall gaming experience enjoyable or did you just stand there like a robot with a blank expression on your face and deal the cards?
You want tips? EARN THEM!!!! Change your attitude!!!

Old 08-03-2009, 01:14 PM

42 posts, read 120,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aqualung8705 View Post
It's interesting how most of the anti-tippers are out of town no0bs. I guess that they've never had to work a minimum wage or commission job before. Yes, some workers have bad attitudes, but not all of them. Most are honest hard working people, trying to provide for their families.

No. If someone works at a minumum wage job that is not a reason that they should expect tips. Tips are giving for OUTSTANDING ( not expected ) service. You want a tip.... show me why you deserve one. There ain't no free lunch. And if someone dislikes a job where tips make up a portion of their wages; then do something about it. GEt an education where your skills will be compensated and you won't have to rely on tips.
And those "out of town noobs." They are the ones keeping your city afloat.

Old 08-03-2009, 01:27 PM

180 posts, read 451,519 times
Default Dealers

I've always thought tipping card dealers was a rather strange practice. I've never tipped one when I won and none of them have ever tipped me when I lost.....and I'd feel very uncomfortable if they did.

Old 08-03-2009, 01:38 PM

1,347 posts, read 2,451,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrlucky110 View Post
No. If someone works at a minumum wage job that is not a reason that they should expect tips. Tips are giving for OUTSTANDING ( not expected ) service. You want a tip.... show me why you deserve one. There ain't no free lunch. And if someone dislikes a job where tips make up a portion of their wages; then do something about it. GEt an education where your skills will be compensated and you won't have to rely on tips.
Mr. Pink?

Old 08-03-2009, 07:42 PM

37 posts, read 115,410 times
If you can't afford to tip or you're to cheap
to tip then Vegas isn't the city for you.

Old 08-03-2009, 10:53 PM

2,753 posts, read 6,676,203 times
Visitors are one thing, no0bs are another. Cab driving is a good paying job, but it does have long hours. A typical driver works 12 hour shifts, five days a week. I know a guy over at Desert Cab who averages $3,400 a month. Not bad, ne?

Old 08-04-2009, 12:00 AM

12,686 posts, read 36,401,749 times
Been hearing this same argument since the day I pulled into town in July 1964. When you solve it somebody let me know by DM. Thanks.

Old 08-04-2009, 11:57 PM

580 posts, read 2,294,806 times
What about the bellhops who eagerly try to grab your bags before you get off the shuttle to go to the hotel? Sometimes you almost have to pry their hands of your luggage. I will never tip these people for the simple reason that I don't like someone trying to force their services on me. I'm perfectly capable of bringing my own luggage up to my room. If I want your service, I will ask.

Old 08-05-2009, 07:00 AM

6 posts, read 51,604 times
Are we suppose to tip the guy that does the smog check on our car? And how much?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas