Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-11-2009, 09:45 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,430,369 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by airics View Post
actually you are out of line, dyn is one of our long time upstanding citizens here... if you don't understand, don't comment
That implies that dyn has a right to insult others because he or she thinks their sense of humor is appealing to all and you deem he or she a worthy poster. I think there was no need for dyn to come into this thread and attack a poster on this thread. Call it humor it you want, I call it rude.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2009, 10:24 PM

31 posts, read 56,978 times
Quote:
actually you are out of line, dyn is one of our long time upstanding citizens here... if you don't understand, don't comment
That goes to show the ignorance of some. If the man was rude, and he was, what's the difference how upstanding he is, he's still rude. YOU AIRICS are OUT OF LINE. You just sit and wait to attack someone don’t you? What a pity.

Old 11-11-2009, 10:40 PM

12,908 posts, read 28,039,624 times
read your previous posts oblietta, it says it all...

Old 11-11-2009, 11:26 PM

4,391 posts, read 9,496,700 times
Default Stay on topic

I am not going to take the time to go back and delete the last few comments that were off topic or rude. Let's not ruin the general flow of this thread which is very informative and helpful to many.
Back to topic

When in doubt read the TOS.

Old 11-12-2009, 01:12 AM

16 posts, read 32,071 times
Quote:
i went for an alcohol card (tam) today and in the class was a fb mgr (don't know the restaurant) from CC... talked a bit.. was told that the hiring has been completed.. I mentioned that my app (even though i am no longer interested in CC) still says active. He stated that they have not sent out all the rejection letters since people are still coming in for uniforms and such and they might have a few more openings.... My opinion is that CC has no clue what they are doing in terms of the hiring.. either hire or tell the applicants that they are not interested... This town is a cruel cruel place in regards to hiring and firing...
i totally agree as for the hiring process, like i've said before i've had 2 (very good)interviews and no drug test, my co worker as to where i work had the first interview, drug test and got hired, so tell me that's totally messed up. and i'll be surprised if anymore BOH will be hired...i'm not a quiter so i'll wait for my rejection e-mail.. if the hiring has any emphasis on the opening you're going to need luck..best of luck

Old 11-12-2009, 10:24 AM

5 posts, read 8,752 times
Update To all:
Pizza4 thank you for all the support along this thread (and your rambling too.....I understand and sympathize with the feeling....).
With that said, I just received a JO from MGM Grand (administrative assistant @ Food and Beverage dpt).
It has been a very long road as for many people on this thread. I don't know if there is a secret weapon on how to get a job (cc, MGM or other properties) but Luck, Patience, Persistence and positive thinking are key. And yes it is a grueling process!
For all of you still waiting, best of luck...
Once I am established there, I will update the thread about any F&B openings there if that can help.

Old 11-12-2009, 02:08 PM

20 posts, read 40,902 times
DS9,

Your post gives me hope! I'm waiting for a banquets/catering admin position at CC so to hear that they're getting to admins at any property is refreshing to hear!

Old 11-12-2009, 02:34 PM

66 posts, read 125,882 times
Default Aria Retail

Quote:
Originally Posted by LVIDD View Post
Still open & active .... tic tic tic! No call yet!
lol@ tic tic tic.

Still open & blank...No call yet also.

I thought you had gotten your call for ARIA Retail becuase haven't seen any posts from you lately and thought maybe doesn't perfer to update about it.

Did you apply for an associate position or manager position??

No need to post about the store in ARIA.

I perfer not to say which store in ARIA is on my account until I get the job.

Can you keep us an others who are waiting for ARIA Retail or retail for that matter(other MGM's) updated? Please

We need to stick together.....

Old 11-12-2009, 02:58 PM

12,908 posts, read 28,039,624 times
my first rejection letter was for mgmt retail at aria (i rec'd it awhile back)... imo, those jobs were filled awhile back... i bet they are just looking for the sales people now

Old 11-12-2009, 03:06 PM

131 posts, read 239,505 times
Default Congratulations!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ds90034 View Post
Update To all:
Pizza4 thank you for all the support along this thread (and your rambling too.....I understand and sympathize with the feeling....).
With that said, I just received a JO from MGM Grand (administrative assistant @ Food and Beverage dpt).
It has been a very long road as for many people on this thread. I don't know if there is a secret weapon on how to get a job (cc, MGM or other properties) but Luck, Patience, Persistence and positive thinking are key. And yes it is a grueling process!
For all of you still waiting, best of luck...
Once I am established there, I will update the thread about any F&B openings there if that can help.

Thanks, Ds90034! And more importantly congratulations! Thanks for the update and the offer to keep us updated; it is sincerely appreciated!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas