Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2009, 05:39 PM

9,803 posts, read 16,230,202 times
gregoryinvegas says-----" Aqualung, I am not sure if your comment was directed at me"=

and if acqualung's comment was directed at me, I couldn't care less
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2009, 05:51 PM

2,753 posts, read 6,679,819 times
I'm just growling in general. I hope that you enjoy Firefox, I've been using it for quite awhile now, and find it extremely useful. We've all been prey to late night typos, I myself speak fluent typo from time to time.

Out of curiosity, what do you teach. I always got along well with my teachers, and would go back and visit them from time to time. I wouldn't mind going back to college, so that I may improve my language skills.

Old 04-01-2009, 07:51 PM

322 posts, read 1,272,668 times
It is hard to take anyone serious that can not take the time to properly format their message. Particularly someone who claims to be a teacher. I caught two spelling mistakes in your post as well.

I hope that you are not that lazy when you are grading papers at 1 am.

I hope you get fired so that someone that gives a "Hoot" can teach my children.

Respect your self so that others may respect you.

Old 04-01-2009, 08:01 PM

Now, now, Yeti. Our schools do need PE teachers.

Old 04-01-2009, 08:04 PM

322 posts, read 1,272,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aqualung8705 View Post
Now, now, Yeti. Our schools do need PE teachers.
Did you mean 'jim teachers" ?

Old 04-01-2009, 08:40 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,274,375 times
Default As the self appointed chief Las Vegas Cheer Leader...

The OP message was reasonable and my good friend Aqua was out of line and the spelling grammar guys should cut everyone a little slack.

As I have said repeatedly the basic institution and its jobs and revenue are safe and will continue. Oh they may drop 25 or even 35% percent...but the end will be reached and they will come back.

At the moment I am pretty well over-booked. At what? you may ask...

Selling houses. It is a feeding frenzy. It is beginning to require a lot of effort to go out and find a nice local lady her first house. She is tired of apartments but does not have a lot of money and wants one. She is well approved on the financial side... So run right out and get her a house right? Wanna see my scars?

We sold 3000 single family houses in March...3000 Do dying areas sell record number of houses? Can you give one away in Detroit?

Got hit hard...wild ride down...soon to bottom and then back up.

This will all be funny in 2012.

Old 04-01-2009, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeti View Post
Did you mean 'jim teachers" ?
Yup, even the ones named Lynyrd Skynyrd.

Grumble...sorry about jumping the gun. It was late, I was tired, and after seeing so many "Vegas is going to die" posts, it got away from my better nature. Seriously, how many times do I growl?

Capt: 3k? Sheesh, it sounds like you and the Admiral have your hands full. Hopefully you'll be able to sell me one once I've got my money and other things lined up. I want to be able to take part in the first time home buyers tax credit. Does that apply to mobile homes as well, or only sfr's?

Old 04-01-2009, 09:20 PM

1,347 posts, read 2,453,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
Got hit hard...wild ride down...soon to bottom and then back up.

This will all be funny in 2012.
I'm reasonably confident I've seen you post the same "soon to bottom" sentiment roughly a year ago. In the context of this discussion, what is your definition of soon?

Old 04-01-2009, 09:42 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,274,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tony soprano View Post
I'm reasonably confident I've seen you post the same "soon to bottom" sentiment roughly a year ago. In the context of this discussion, what is your definition of soon?
I stay vague...I am well aware that no one understands what is happening so projections of what happens next are very suspect.

I said I think in Decenber that we were about a year to a yoy up. I will hedge that a little and say I think a year over year up by the spring of 2010.

A yoy up though within a year of April 1. Case Shiller will give us a clue by late summer. If the bottom is not well defined by August we won't make it.

I would look for the Case-Shilller bottom. and we will know in 6 months if it isk on its way out or has found a mechanism to sustain the down.

We live in interesting times.

Old 04-01-2009, 11:19 PM

21 posts, read 49,864 times
Yeti, with all due respect, I fail to see how a stupid typo at 1 am has anything to do with self respect, please enlighten me. You do not need to worry though: I will never teach your children as I teach mostly students 18 years old and above (and never call them children). And yes I do give a "hoot" (just not about my own typing late at night). Actually, scratch that, I do not give a hoot about my students' typos either. I spend 100% of my time making sure they understand things like signal transduction pathways and photosynthesis (I am a biologist not an English major).

Glad to hear the market is picking up for you Olecapt. Spring is a good time to buy a house, hopefully that will make a big dent to the foreclosure inventory. After these are gone, it is anyone's guess as to how prices will adjust...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas