Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2008, 03:54 PM

11 posts, read 40,892 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkIII View Post
Hornets, Mosquitos and Ants...oh my!
I've been lurking on this board for the last 6 months or so, and I gotta say anything you post is pretty intelligent. Must be that post count thing.

Old 01-18-2008, 04:10 PM

11 posts, read 40,892 times
jfkIII, no disrespect intended.
Maybe it’s me, but it seems that you don’t think very much of Las Vegas and I don’t really understand why you frequent this area of the board and keep posting negative comments about the area.

Old 01-18-2008, 10:24 PM

1,365 posts, read 4,472,108 times
To me, it just seems JSKIII just likes to see his name on the post, and just being a smartass. No disrespect, sometimes you are funny, but most of the time it seems like you are just talking **** about some serious stuff!

Old 01-19-2008, 11:39 AM

13,814 posts, read 28,498,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chop509 View Post
jfkIII, no disrespect intended.
Maybe it’s me, but it seems that you don’t think very much of Las Vegas and I don’t really understand why you frequent this area of the board and keep posting negative comments about the area.
chop/BUG...no disrespect intended to either of you...most of the times I'm just going for a joke response. A chuckle mixed in with all this "serious" stuff (of which some is negative on its own nature) can go a long way. So my response to chop's was meant as a humorous take on the "Lions and tigers and bears. Oh my!' bit.

As far as why I post here...I enjoy it. The posters here are quite passionate about their territory...moreso than other areas. I figure that this is mostly due to the fact that a large majority of them transplanted to LV and are fervent in justifying their decision, against any negatives encountered. Many are new residents who recently arrived thinking that they were going to find paradise...and some do...but many don't. Many stay for short periods of time until the disillusion finally grabs them...and then they move on hoping to find the next utopia. Some do stay...and some have always lived there. They tend to be the more realistic of posters.

Las Vegas is an odd area in the sense that it really exists for tourists. Many arrive at the docks in McCarran with wide eyes and vacation googles on, to protect those wide eyes. Oscar Goodman and Las Vegas, of course, welcomes them with open arms. And when people have a great time there on vacation...they think how wonderful it might be to live there, mistakingly thinking that the resident Las Vegas will be just like the tourist Las Vegas and everyday will be excitement and a party. Those that like to push resident Vegas are more than happy that these people are willing to move there under that illusion. I simply try to present other things (not illusionary or always apparent) for them to think about. My non-joke postings will be interpreted as negative to those that want to defend their decisions or who want to push the illusionary vacation Vegas to future residents. Sure, I don't live there, so I might be off in my resident assessments, as BUG (and others) have suggested. But you'd also be amazed that some of the comments that come with rep points say that I'm right on.

Last edited by jfkIII; 01-19-2008 at 12:29 PM..

Old 01-19-2008, 01:59 PM

Yep, from ready your posts I pretty much got that about you!!! You do give me a chuckle now and then:}

Old 01-19-2008, 02:21 PM

13,814 posts, read 28,498,624 times
great....btw the jfk stands for just f'in kidding!

Old 01-19-2008, 03:09 PM

LOL, Funny!!!

Old 11-10-2008, 09:55 AM

2 posts, read 4,411 times
What other critters lurk in Las Vegas? i am living on the gulf now with massive frogs, snakes, and lovebug invasions. Are there any things like that in Las Vegas? Also which areas are considered the upper middle class subdivisions that are not too rural?

Old 11-10-2008, 09:57 AM

2 posts, read 4,411 times
What is the truth. I currently live on the gulf with frogs, sbakes, and lovebugs every where. AWhat is the invasion in Las Vegas. I cant move where there is an influx of frogs, snales, and bugs any longer.

Old 11-10-2008, 11:34 AM

15,756 posts, read 38,204,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karensmalls View Post
What other critters lurk in Las Vegas? i am living on the gulf now with massive frogs, snakes, and lovebug invasions. Are there any things like that in Las Vegas? Also which areas are considered the upper middle class subdivisions that are not too rural?
Don't sweat it. Hard to find bugs and things in Las Vegas. A few lizards maybe. Kind of found of them. There are black widonws but they stay in dark places out of the way. Almost no mosquitoes. Probably some snakes in the desert or the foothills but you have to hunt for them.

Nothing here is too rural. Even our rural is yuppie rural. Have to go to Pahrump for even phoney rural.

Summerlin, Anthem Green Valley, NW, Lakes...there are no more than 50 of them. Real nice downtown places if you want to be near the strip.

You have a huge number of choices and can pay anything from $125K to 12.5million.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas