Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2008, 01:30 AM

86 posts, read 306,894 times

Advertisements

I have a question about Aliante in North Las Vegas. Is it a good community? And I am still confused about the whole 'North Las Vegas' is a bad area. Is it the actual North Las Vegas or is it the North pat of Las Vegas?

Thank You.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2008, 02:07 AM

2,404 posts, read 10,692,641 times
you need to do a search and look at past threads...

Old 09-08-2008, 02:36 AM

86 posts, read 306,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvkewlkid View Post
you need to do a search and look at past threads...
Is it so hard to type up an answer, does it take up to much energy to type out an answer? It couldn't possibly because you had enough energy to tell me to go look through 89 pages just to find my answer.

Everybody tells me and new people to go look through pages and pages of stuff when its just easier to have you tell us. Would you want to look through 89 pages of info, I think not. It would take me hours to look through 89 pages and It would take you(all you) 2min to give me an answer.

Last edited by AZtoLV; 09-08-2008 at 03:08 AM..

Old 09-08-2008, 03:07 AM

113 posts, read 328,796 times
Well, AZtoLV, I doubt that you will be getting many responses after that rant (and being chastised about the plug in my butt...)

Old 09-08-2008, 03:37 AM

10,481 posts, read 25,301,840 times
AZtoLV, what all would you like to know about Aliante? It's a very nice family friendly neighborhood. People always out and about walking, jogging, bicycling, kids on skateboards, scooters.. People walking their dogs, even saw someone walking their cats on leashes..lol.
Shopping close by, parks, schools, churches, etc. It's in the newer better part of North Las Vegas. I've lived in Aliante for almost 5 years now. And still love it like when I first moved here.

Old 09-08-2008, 05:58 AM

560 posts, read 2,189,094 times
I love Aliante. It is very family friendly. Lots of walking trails with tunnels under the roads so that kids can walk to the library without ever having to cross a busy road. If I had my way we would still be living there. We live in Summerlin simply for convenience sake. My kids play a lot of soccer and most of the fields tend to be on this side of town. We still own our home there, I just couldn't bring myself to sell it just yet. I am still hoping to be back out there one day.

The only main drawback is that the high school a lot of it is zoned for is a bit rough. If you have school aged kids try to be zoned for Shadow Ridge vs Legacy.

Old 09-08-2008, 10:05 AM

12,600 posts, read 9,397,086 times
this thread might help you:

https://www.city-data.com/forum/las-v...gas-image.html

and to answer your question NLV is a separate city from Las Vegas.

here's more on the city:

"
"When was North Las Vegas Incorporated as a City?
The City of North Las Vegas was incorporated on May 16, 1946. The population at the date of incorporation was 2,875.
What is the current population of North Las Vegas?
  • 235,479 as of 2008
  • Ranked 4th fastest-growing city in America "
www.cityofnorthlasvegas.com

Old 09-08-2008, 04:49 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,227,499 times
See how it works? We have the good guys and the bad guys...the bad guys give you a hard time to discourage frivolous questions...then the good guys tell you the answer. Then the good guys and bad guys change hats...

Geographically NLV started as a limited area just to the north of downtown Las Vegas. It has since expanded greatly to the north and west.

Areas to the south next to the City of Las Vegas are rough. However once you get a ways north and or west it turns into regular old suburbs. Aliante and much of the construction over the last fifteen years are well north and quite nice. Often the best place in town for a first home. Max bang for the buck..

Old 09-08-2008, 08:18 PM

494 posts, read 1,899,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZtoLV View Post
I have a question about Aliante in North Las Vegas. Is it a good community? And I am still confused about the whole 'North Las Vegas' is a bad area. Is it the actual North Las Vegas or is it the North pat of Las Vegas?

Thank You.
I just moved to my home in Aliante last weekend... I love it! I have friends who live in the area, so I was quite familiar with the area before hand. Not all of North Las Vegas is bad... I would suggest coming out & driving around. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised. I'm even surprised my drive to the airport isn't too bad. I leave early, though! Good luck!

Old 09-09-2008, 12:55 PM

150 posts, read 636,518 times
I have two friends in Aliante and they love it. Because it was quite new in the boom there is quite alot of foreclosure acitivity which could give you a good deal. The commute is a little rough now until 2009 if you take I15 due to road construction. Local road commutes are decent if you give it time. Olecapt is right. The rougher areas are closer to the south end and the far north end is regular ol suburbia. The NW part of the city of Las Vegas is good too with some decent house deals also. If you live there make sure to live in the area for ArborView. Good school. NLV is its own city with its own police, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas