Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2008, 12:14 AM

1,125 posts, read 1,594,380 times

Advertisements

I don't live in Aliante but just to the west of it (Decatur and Grand Teton area). My son goes to Shadow Ridge which so far has been great for him. Since mid June when I moved in I have heard sirens twice, both times for the same kid in a pickup who can't seem to figure out that not stopping at a stop sign makes mister police officer turn on the flashing lights.

My area is open, but there is a lot of gated housing right by us, so if you do end up looking in Aliante, make sure to take a look at the surrounding areas as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2008, 08:38 AM

359 posts, read 1,314,523 times
Default Lol!

aWW HELP HIM OUT.
Quote:
Originally Posted by yourbasicmom View Post
Well, AZtoLV, I doubt that you will be getting many responses after that rant (and being chastised about the plug in my butt...)

Old 09-11-2008, 08:41 AM

Default Aliante is Great!

Trust me I know the bad part of North Las Vegas and Aliante IS NOT IT AT ALL. Alieant is actually quite lovely. I got out there to see a friend's kid play soccer and always have a marvelous time. It seems to be more NORTHWEST. ITS the NORTHEAST side that sucks and is horrid. I think Aliante is one of the better sections of Las Vegas right on up there with Summerlin IMO.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZtoLV View Post
I have a question about Aliante in North Las Vegas. Is it a good community? And I am still confused about the whole 'North Las Vegas' is a bad area. Is it the actual North Las Vegas or is it the North pat of Las Vegas?

Thank You.

Old 09-11-2008, 10:10 AM

3,728 posts, read 9,493,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeasisrael View Post
Trust me I know the bad part of North Las Vegas and Aliante IS NOT IT AT ALL. Alieant is actually quite lovely. I got out there to see a friend's kid play soccer and always have a marvelous time. It seems to be more NORTHWEST. ITS the NORTHEAST side that sucks and is horrid. I think Aliante is one of the better sections of Las Vegas right on up there with Summerlin IMO.
You finally said something positive about Las Vegas and that most will agree with...Bravo to you!

Last edited by MomMom; 09-11-2008 at 10:19 AM..

Old 09-11-2008, 10:18 AM

12,908 posts, read 28,061,382 times
here is my thoughts on the north.. north of craig, west of 15 is decent... the farther north the better... when you get towards the northwest and aliante, this is the best area. In my opinion, it tops snoberlin plus the amount of scorpions is reduced.. Yes i live in the northwest (decatur/elkhorn area).... the northeast in my opinion is where the problems are.. East of 15.. also in the north, i would not live south of craig, however there are a few places ok by cheyenne.

Old 09-14-2008, 06:12 PM

Wink Well I didn't do it for others to agree...

You can save your praise. Whatever I say it is based upon how I feel or my experience...and it is my truth. I could care less about who agrees or not...really I don't. If you agree with my point here then maybe I could be right about the other things as well. The fact of the matter is there ARE some wonderful places/communities/neighborhoods in Las Vegas. I live in Southern Highlands, and it is beautiful indeed AND I STILL say LAS VEGAS overall SUCKZ! No culture (well, gaming is the culture here) no water, no beaches (real ones) rocks for front and backyard, hot as hell (I know it's the desert) transients galore, pathetic city, county and state officials, naked people billboards everywhere( I think God what if I had small children in the car while just driving down the street) terrible radio stations, houses built where I can lean out my window and pass a cup of sugar to my neighbor while his seventeen year old son positions himself to peek out HIS bedroom window into my teen age daughter's room (houses are that close) no decent museums, no decent zoos, just a big ass RED ROCK. Hopefully I have redeemed myself with his post. HAHAHA. Don't want to give the wrong opinion...this place SUCKZ TO ME, and yet I recognize if you HAVE to live here then Aliente, Seven Hills and even where I live, Southern Highlands are nice places to be.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MomMom View Post
You finally said something positive about Las Vegas and that most will agree with...Bravo to you!

Old 09-14-2008, 06:24 PM

15,370 posts, read 39,183,730 times
SO you have a burr up your a$$ cause you made a lousy choice in houses.....do us all a favor [and especially yourself] and don't let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya.

Old 09-14-2008, 06:33 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,282,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeasisrael View Post
You can save your praise. Whatever I say it is based upon how I feel or my experience...and it is my truth. I could care less about who agrees or not...really I don't. If you agree with my point here then maybe I could be right about the other things as well. The fact of the matter is there ARE some wonderful places/communities/neighborhoods in Las Vegas. I live in Southern Highlands, and it is beautiful indeed AND I STILL say LAS VEGAS overall SUCKZ! No culture (well, gaming is the culture here) no water, no beaches (real ones) rocks for front and backyard, hot as hell (I know it's the desert) transients galore, pathetic city, county and state officials, naked people billboards everywhere( I think God what if I had small children in the car while just driving down the street) terrible radio stations, houses built where I can lean out my window and pass a cup of sugar to my neighbor while his seventeen year old son positions himself to peek out HIS bedroom window into my teen age daughter's room (houses are that close) no decent museums, no decent zoos, just a big ass RED ROCK. Hopefully I have redeemed myself with his post. HAHAHA. Don't want to give the wrong opinion...this place SUCKZ TO ME, and yet I recognize if you HAVE to live here then Aliente, Seven Hills and even where I live, Southern Highlands are nice places to be.
Actually you simply dislike the SW. You would find effectively all the ciites unacceptable. All have the same spacing the same walls.

Culture pretty much the same. Vegas is better than many.

Vegas is a little more blue color...but that can be good as well as bad.

There are no more bad billboard or such than any of the big cities. That is pretty much all myth. And kids deal with that fine. My gosh you been on MySpace or YouTube?

Has more than sufficeint water for its needs and appears to have acquired another 30% or so. Should be fine to 3 million maybe to 4.

Most inland places don't have beaches. That is a coastal thing. Not all good. Many beaches come with things called hurricanes.

Ohh and don't let the door hit you on your way out...

Old 09-15-2008, 12:56 AM

7,112 posts, read 13,186,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZtoLV View Post
Is it so hard to type up an answer, does it take up to much energy to type out an answer? It couldn't possibly because you had enough energy to tell me to go look through 89 pages just to find my answer.

Everybody tells me and new people to go look through pages and pages of stuff when its just easier to have you tell us. Would you want to look through 89 pages of info, I think not. It would take me hours to look through 89 pages and It would take you(all you) 2min to give me an answer.
Thats what I did when I needed info on moving to Vegas.

Still doing it too.

Old 09-15-2008, 01:07 AM

93 posts, read 290,968 times
Centennial Hills!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas