Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2008, 11:38 AM

4 posts, read 21,530 times

Advertisements

Hi, all,

Thank you very much for all your kind words and suggestion. I did talk with a lawyer in Kenny's firm, she advised the result should be the same either I let her handle it or I went to court myself - The violation will be reduced to a parking violation but the fine will remain the same. So I decided now that I will go to the court myself to have a life experience to see what's going on!

One of my friends told me that I can go to the court before the date on the ticket, as long as the ticket is in the system. Is this true? I just want to get it taken care of as soon as possible.

Thanks for all your support. I really appreciate and it makes me feel much better!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2008, 12:24 PM

12,908 posts, read 28,028,049 times
so now you risk nothing being reduced!

Old 07-23-2008, 02:15 PM

395 posts, read 1,082,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasGrace View Post
I know exactly how you feel. I got a speeding ticket for going 35 in a 25...right by my house. I do not speed! I don't even litter!
Huh? VegasGrace I'd hate to point out if you were going 35 in a 25 you were indeed speeding. How can you say you do not speed?

Old 07-25-2008, 11:06 PM

638 posts, read 2,246,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AGMOM08 View Post
Hi, all,

Thank you very much for all your kind words and suggestion. I did talk with a lawyer in Kenny's firm, she advised the result should be the same either I let her handle it or I went to court myself - The violation will be reduced to a parking violation but the fine will remain the same. So I decided now that I will go to the court myself to have a life experience to see what's going on!

One of my friends told me that I can go to the court before the date on the ticket, as long as the ticket is in the system. Is this true? I just want to get it taken care of as soon as possible.

Thanks for all your support. I really appreciate and it makes me feel much better!!!!
Indeed, you may go to court anytime to take care of it. I had the same insurance violation. You take the updated insurance card to the window and they immediately dismiss it. It really is a pretty simple process. They do hundreds of these tickets a day, so they are good at moving people in and out of there.

You can take an online class to reduce any points you may get on your license. I think an illegal u-turn might be two points. You can wipe those away by taking the online class. If there are not details about that on your ticket, you can get some info when you go in to pay the fine.

Dont feel too bad about your ticket. It happens to really good people all of the time. Millions and millions of them. Was the officer disrespectful to you?

Old 07-27-2008, 06:46 PM

196 posts, read 921,216 times
it's a speeding ticket... just about everyone gets one from time to time. why are you stressing out about it?

Old 07-27-2008, 07:35 PM

13,813 posts, read 28,527,711 times
If Ronnie Deutche can ruduce IRS bills to pennies on the dollar, she might be able to the same with traffic tickets. Besides, as Buzz (I think?) once pointed out...she's kinda hot!

Old 08-11-2008, 12:11 PM

19 posts, read 65,214 times
Default What a jerk!

That cop was a jerk if you got a ticket form expired registration. You should go before the judge and plead you case. The expired registration ticket will probably be thrown out but the U-Turn ticket would be hard to fight. You could document the problem by taking pictures to show how it was dark and the sign is not visible. This would be your best bet. But they want their money so I'm sure you will have to pay the fine.

Last edited by SunnyKayak; 08-26-2008 at 10:36 AM..

Old 08-20-2008, 01:26 PM

4 posts, read 21,530 times
Default Thanks to All of You

Hello, all,

Thanks again to all that have provided suggestion and comforting messages. Being a person who always tries to follow the rules for all my life, this ticket is a tough hit on me. So I chose to pay my fine ($280 + online traffic school) as soon as I could and move on with my life.

Thanks again and wish all for the best for all you nice folks who answered my posting!

AGMOM08

Old 08-20-2008, 04:29 PM

12,908 posts, read 28,028,049 times
should have used kenny

Old 08-20-2008, 04:32 PM

23,861 posts, read 24,149,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by airics View Post
should have used kenny
Oh my God! They killed Kenny!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas