Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2008, 09:26 PM

10,447 posts, read 49,665,596 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarkGrisowld View Post
How about everyone I work with? They all have college degrees and all make more than teachers.

Your skepticism that I could not name 10 people says a lot about you and what you do. Honestly, what cave do you live in to think a professional wouldn't know 10 people who make $20+ an hour? I will guarantee most professionals have at least 10 colleagues, mostly with college degrees, making $20+ an hour.

Quite simply the most ignorant challenge I have ever seen. And you think you argument is infallible. Wow, your teachers really did fail you.
Arguing with people of your augmentative skills is useless as peeing into the wind. So just give in. No way on earth you can win. I know its hard to lose but you do. End of story and end of thread. Dont answer me or this thread.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2008, 09:30 PM

391 posts, read 1,714,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertsun41 View Post
Arguing with people of your augmentative skills is useless as peeing into the wind. So just give in. No way on earth you can win. I know its hard to lose but you do. End of story and end of thread. Dont answer me or this thread.
You're just a very, very bitter person. Plenty of people do well in this town and I know more than a few.

But I could see how arguing with someone of my "augmentative" skills would be challenging. Perhaps a plastic surgeon would be a better match for you. But I'm sure he could name more than 10 people who make $20+ an hour, so you would still lose.

Old 07-07-2008, 10:02 PM

2,990 posts, read 8,714,496 times
Can't we all just get along? Do we always have to argue and have a bitter ending? I personally know a lot of people that more more than 20+ an hour. Maybe 15-20, most of them are self employed. I know more in CA, that are in the technology sector. But I also know a whole lot that make less.

Old 03-18-2009, 01:00 PM

2 posts, read 7,413 times
Wink The easy life

I suggest you all become teachers immediately!!! CCSD is in HIGH NEED of "highly qualified" teachers as mandated by the federal government-so much so that they are forced to recruit teachers from all over the country (and even outside sometimes). Don't let these out of state people have your cushy government job. Because, my friends, you can have one too! Beacuse teaching, as I understand from some of you - it is the best, highest paid job in the county.

1) If you qualify, apply to a four year degree program at UNLV, including 100's of hours of unpaid observation and student teaching.
2) After that, pass a series of rigorous professional PRAXIS exams and NV school law exams to obtain a license.
3) Once you are living in the lap of luxury because of your new job, continue to pay out of pocket for your continued university level coursework and required supplies that the district does not provide in order to keep your job and maintain your licensing.
4) If you want to max out your pay, you will be required to obtain an advanced studies certification AND national board certification with a PHD degree. Your total education should take as little as 12 years, if you do not take any time off.
5) Hopefully your new high salary will cover the student loans you obtained.
6) You will have about two months of vacation time per year, however to allow you time to plan curriculum and take requied coursework. When you are working, you will put in about 12 hour days (if it's not parent-teacher conference or report card time).
7) Oh buy the way, have a backup, because if your students don't pass their state tests-you may be out of a job and back in the private sector.

Good luck on your path to easy wealth and that cushy gov't job!
I wonder why we don't have MORE teachers than we need.

Quit you private sector job, now. Go for the easy life.

Old 03-18-2009, 01:28 PM

15,370 posts, read 39,121,360 times
and you created this name JUST to resurect a year old thread??????

Old 03-24-2009, 09:00 PM

2 posts, read 7,413 times
Sorry Didn't realize there was a time deadline. My mistake. I really did not mean to offend.

Old 05-31-2009, 05:10 PM

1 posts, read 3,654 times
Default Really?

Obviously, only a complete idiot would say teachers are paid too much. Really? There are two problems with the people in this state. First, there are way too many uneducated people. Second, uneducated people do not care about education. As a result, this city is breeding a bunch of morons.

Old 05-31-2009, 06:32 PM

385 posts, read 1,261,133 times
A reasonable amount of discipline would not cost one penny more. Instead, the survivors gulp Prozac, and turn away when they see a racially motivated assault or a sexual assault, or both.

Old 11-03-2009, 07:49 PM

2 posts, read 4,207 times
Teachers Get Paid TOO Much!Teachers get paid TOO much...I'm fed up with teachers and their heftysalary schedules. What we need here is a little perspective.If I had my way, I'd pay these teachers myself-I'd pay them babysittingwages. That's right-instead of paying these outragous taxes, I'd give them$3 an hour out of my own pocket. And I'm only going to pay them for fivehours, not coffee breaks. That would be $15 a day. Each parent should pay$15 a day for these teachers to baby-sit their child. Even if they havemore than one child, it's still a lot cheaper than private day care.Now, how many children do they teach every day-maybe 20? That's$15x20=$300 a day. But remember, they only work 180 days a year! I amnot going to pay them for all those vacations! $300x180=$54,000. (Just aminute, I think my claculator needs new batteries.)I know now you teachers will say-what about those who have 10 yearsexperience and a mster's degree? Well, maybe (to be fair) they could getthe minimum wage, and instead of just baby-sitting, they could read thekids a story. We could round that off to aobut $5 an hour, times fivehours, times 20 children. That's $500 a day times 180 days. THat's$90,000...HUH?!?

Old 11-03-2009, 10:37 PM

307 posts, read 1,223,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojave_Elle View Post
I suggest you all become teachers immediately!!! CCSD is in HIGH NEED of "highly qualified" teachers as mandated by the federal government-so much so that they are forced to recruit teachers from all over the country (and even outside sometimes). Don't let these out of state people have your cushy government job. Because, my friends, you can have one too! Beacuse teaching, as I understand from some of you - it is the best, highest paid job in the county.

1) If you qualify, apply to a four year degree program at UNLV, including 100's of hours of unpaid observation and student teaching.
2) After that, pass a series of rigorous professional PRAXIS exams and NV school law exams to obtain a license.
3) Once you are living in the lap of luxury because of your new job, continue to pay out of pocket for your continued university level coursework and required supplies that the district does not provide in order to keep your job and maintain your licensing.
4) If you want to max out your pay, you will be required to obtain an advanced studies certification AND national board certification with a PHD degree. Your total education should take as little as 12 years, if you do not take any time off.
5) Hopefully your new high salary will cover the student loans you obtained.
6) You will have about two months of vacation time per year, however to allow you time to plan curriculum and take requied coursework. When you are working, you will put in about 12 hour days (if it's not parent-teacher conference or report card time).
7) Oh buy the way, have a backup, because if your students don't pass their state tests-you may be out of a job and back in the private sector.

Good luck on your path to easy wealth and that cushy gov't job!
I wonder why we don't have MORE teachers than we need.

Quit you private sector job, now. Go for the easy life.
You're just blabbing to get your attention. Your comments are somewhat off the wall...but i won't tell you in details..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas