Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2008, 05:21 PM

10,447 posts, read 49,696,756 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by VLWH View Post
How do you expect anyone to take you serious when you make statements like that?

Of course if you have proof you would like to share...........
I followed the hearings. Some were televised. I watched witness after witness interviewed by Jon Ralston. No knife was ever presented in the courtroom say more then a dozen witnesses who were right there, the cops only said she one. That is all that is necessary in the Clark County Mickey Mouse Coroners inquest system.

I will post for you Miss Doubter the rules taken right from the Clark County Law Archives later on.

Old 05-01-2008, 06:17 PM

2,990 posts, read 8,720,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertsun41 View Post
Thanks for showing your concern rather then bashing something that we dont want see but know it is present.

You are right, what can we do? They have people so brainwashed into believing how wonderful the cops and politicos are. Many people feel they can do no wrong. There are still people who love the NJ Governer after he fought against gay rights then was found in bed with another man. People still love the old Atlanta Mayor who was caught with enough cocane to get everyone in Georgia high and want him to run again after he did his 12 years in the big house. The list goes on.

You have local LV Metro cops like Lt Goode who was arrested for defrauding mortgage companies last month. Last year an ex Metro cop was thrown in jail for kidnapping and molesting a little boy.

There is not much we can do. You complain and you are a marked man.Only one time in the last 30 years has a member of the hand picked jury by cops lawyers voted guilty to a cop. They are threatened into voting innocent against charged cops. That one time, lone juryman Mark Lepage who voted against the cop was wisked off where to this day has never been found. Yes that is a true story.

Take a walk in any of our parks. Each park has a big brass plaque dedicating the park with the year and a list of city council members. 7 of the 11 names are either in jail as we speak or are under indictment waiting trial. Go check it out. Read the names on the brass plaque.

ATENTION !!
To all who value American Freedoms, this is not about being anti-police. It’s about alerting the public to a series of recorded facts that show Las Vegas police to be over abusive and violent compared to other US cities. The records show little or no leadership to control the abusive, overzealous, gun happy, motorist harassing, violent police, found in Henderson and Las Vegas Nevada. It’s about their records on file, which indicates excessive abuse towards resident, families, children, elderly and visitors (especially visitors) to the valley.

It’s about abuse of power and authority by terrorists hiding behind the badge. Don’t kid your self, it doesn’t take rocket science to see it, read or hear about police abuse in this area. As a 12 year resident and victim of petty police harassment myself, it becomes quickly evident, that the police are systematically abusing the general public and the leadership has failed to control it. It’s so bad that residents are selling out and a newly hired Henderson Chief of Police has quit because he tried to make things right but the pressures of corruption that be failed him. In Las Vegas the people have no voting power for the new Sherrif. The old one pics the new one. And on goes the good ol boy saga.

It’s their record of abuse and cover-ups that should be sounding alarms in everyone’s head. It’s about police abuse and the violation of every US American’s Constitutional rights and civil liberties. The police have established that they cannot be trusted. The Proof is a matter of public record. Be aware and protect your families from the police in Nevada.

Oh and dont give a dollar or a half your sandwich to a homeless person in the park or you will be arrested, jailed, banned from entering a CC park for 6 months and fined.
So do you think this is a Nevada problem? Las Vegas problem? Or a USA problem? Are there any cities in the USA that is immune to this problem?

On another note.. How come when it comes to police in Clark County.. that we do not hear anything going on in Boulder City? Its only 15 mins away from Henderson and they have their own cops..but they is no news whatso-ever.. ? I just think its weird.

Old 05-02-2008, 03:01 PM

697 posts, read 3,281,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puddy4LyF View Post
I don't want to be on your case, but I would think it would be necessary to support your idea with evidence of some sort -- maybe an overall rationale of how the community feels about their police department, general riffs, etc. Unless of course, you're the police officer I mentioned LOL

Seriously though -- I've never, in all my travels (my fiancee is also a public defender) heard of police violating the rights so crudely of others as in today's newspaper -- and you say that this is off-base? There's no riff between the police department and its community? I find that very hard to believe.

I am that officer you were referring. I was not bragging (go back and read ALL my comments on the matter). You were reading someone else's propoganda and decided to bandwagon... Good for you on not having an origional thought. We have 1/3 the number of officers of a city this size and a crime rate that kept swelling untill recently. We spend the first part of every shift just clearing calls that evening shift did not have a chance to get to, that is how busy we are. I came on last night and had 38 calls sitting in the qeue and 18 left over when we left at the end of shift. You do what has to be done to keep this place safe as possible. Gestapo? Hardly (do you even know the persecution great grandmother and my people faced at the hands of the Gestapo?). We do not persecute on a basis of race or religion. We persecute the ones who break the laws. Everyone is treated the same untill the truth can be sorted out. What more do you want? The police and such are the ones who maintain the order so you can have your naive opinions. Try doing my job, I dare you. Better yet, PM me, we can go on a ride along together. I work in the busiest disvision of NLV. 115 arrests last night alone. 11 by me and my partner (7 drug arrests, 2 assaults, 1 domestic and one rape). You should be able to find something to see there.

There is a huge rift (that is how you spell it btw) between the community and the police, but it is not the police's fault entirely. The people have much to do with it. Just last night a woman was raped at a bar in NLV and the people in the bar would not let the paramedics get to her. They physically stopped us from getting to her to get information and nobody would cooperate. We were lucky to make the arrest. She was just raped for god's sake!!! A few nights ago a man set hs apartment on fire and started shooting at firefighters who came to battle the blaze. He then started shooting at the cops when they came to help. 5 families don't have homes because of this man now. But it was the police's fault. Yes, there are corrupt cops, but I take pride in knowing that my department does not have many. There are corrupt Public Defenders and Policticians too. It is a fact of life.

Last edited by cjski21; 05-02-2008 at 03:14 PM..

Old 05-02-2008, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjski21 View Post
I am that officer you were referring. I was not bragging (go back and read ALL my comments on the matter). You were reading someone else's propoganda and decided to bandwagon... Good for you on not having an origional thought. We have 1/3 the number of officers of a city this size and a crime rate that kept swelling untill recently. You do what has to be done to keep the ignorant safe. Gestapo? Hardly (do you even know the persecution great grandmother and my people faced at the hands of the Gestapo?). We do not persecute on a basis of race or religion. We persecute the ones who break the laws. Everyone is treated the same untill the truth can be sorted out. What more do you want? The police and such are the ones who maintain the order so you can have your naive opinions. Try doing my job, I dare you. Better yet, PM me, we can go on a ride along together. I work in the busiest disvision of NLV. 115 arrests last night alone. 11 by me and my partner (7 drug arrests, 2 assaults, 1 domestic and one rape). You should be able to find something to see there.

There is a huge rift (that is how you spell it btw) between the community and the police, but it is not the police's fault entirely. The people have much to do with it. Just last night a woman was raped at a bar in NLV and the people in the bar would not let the paramedics get to her. They physically stopped us from getting to her to get information and nobody would cooperate. We were lucky to make the arrest. She was just raped for god's sake!!! A few nights ago a man set hs apartment on fire and started shooting at firefighters who came to battle the blaze. He then started shooting at the cops when they came to help. 5 families don't have homes because of this man now. But it was the police's fault. Yes, there are corrupt cops, but I take pride in knowing that my department does not have many. There are corrupt Public Defenders and Policticians too. It is a fact of life.
I am sticking up for Puddy here. Because she is right. I too remember you bragging about giving out tickets. I remember you well. In fact you rubbed so many people the wrong way that everyone ganged up on you. Then you said you have had it with this place and would never come back. Liar.

You cant just steal from us and hope we like you. We do not. Also you just said that you dont pull people over based on race or religion. BULL!!! Look at the percentage of black as opposed to whites in traffic court. Look at the completely lopsided numbers of men as opposed to women in traffic court. If I had a nice clevage then I would never get a ticket either....right? Look at all the thousands of cars roaming the streets with no license plate. Do you know who is driving nearly every one of those cars? Yes you do. You are instructed to not pull over Mexicans because they will cry discrimination and profiling.

Im with you there. When they cry "you just pulled me over because I am a Mexican" should be more bull. You should be pulling them over because they have no license plate which means no reg or ins either. So you are hand picking who to pull over.

You mentioned a few incidents where the public was not cooperative. Maybe just maybe, if you all treated us a bit more like we were human then your reputation would not follow you as the thugs you are. I have posted a couple incidents on this forum telling of a few encounters that turned out quite badly with me. I called you thugs when I was witnessing Jan Jones home being burglarized. I called you when 2 Mexican men were pulling the wires out of the light poles in front of my house. I called you when there was a Mexican party behind me with a live band and Horses galloping around at 1AM. You never came. Your Dispatcher seemed genuinely interested till she asked what kind of music it is. In other words, they were Mexican, leave them alone.

Finally you openly admitted right here and right now that you have corrupt cops in your Dept. and corrupt politicians and PDs right there in the big house. Wow.....and you are doing nothing about it. Doesn't that make you just as guilty? I personally know Lance Malone and his wife Rosemary. I dont think he did anything that wrong when you compare it with some of the other shenanigans I have knowledge to.

If you and a couple others walk in on a drug bust and arrest everyone and find a brown bag full of cash on the table what do you do? Your buddies say keep it. No one knows about it. Who is going to rat on them...the drug addicts? No one would believe them anyway over a cops word. So do you go along with it?

You autta walk in our shoes for a while. We go through our days watching you speed, run stop signs, never use your blinkers, illegally sit on private property to look for violations and so on. What's good for us peons should be just as good for you too. What do we tell a little boy in the back seat when he asks why that cop is speeding or why he cant find his directionals?

Old 05-02-2008, 03:39 PM

697 posts, read 3,281,248 times
Someone should quote Desertsun so I can read it.

Old 05-02-2008, 03:43 PM

The Kangaroo court system in Las Vegas

Just a basic lesson on how the courts handle cop shootings. It is said by the Sheriff that all public questions will be answered by the Clark County Coroners inquest system. But the inquest system is a joke. The Sheriff says these inquests are open to the public and input is welcome. Just try and enter that court room. It is well guarded by well armed huge Bailiffs who are instructed to let no one but no one in that room. The law says that the public are welcome and encouraged to attend and ask questions. There is no way anyone gets in there. No one !

The jury is hand picked by police union reps. They are sworn to find the cop innocent under any circumstances. There are many allegations of threats made to the jury to find the cops innocent or else. Attorneys and victims families have no access to the cops testimony or evidence including videotapes if any. Get this: The victims attorney is forbidden to cross-examine witnesses. Funny and sad as this sounds, it is blamed on the "federal privacy laws".

Then there is the Hearing Master. They dress up like judges and they instruct the hand picked juries that they have no choice but to acquit if the cops are unchallenged. Of course they are unchallenged. The attorneys and the victims families are forbidden to ask questions or any kind of cross examination. The jury are also instructed to acquit if the stories told by the cops are different in any way. Well astonishingly the testimony is always scripted and word for word by each cop. The only other story that can arise cant be told because the victim is dead due to a trigger happy cop.

When the hearing is over and the verdict is read, the Hearing Master now tells the public (who isn't even there) and the victims lawyer that now questions can be submitted by writing it on paper and handing it to him. When a question written on a piece of paper is handed to the Hearing Master with a question like " was the cop on steroids" which was the case in the 1999 fatal shooting of an innocent man, the Hearing Master simply balls up the paper without reading it and drops it in the waste basket. Yes this is all on tape folks. It can be found in any law library.

In 1996 a jury found cop Genter innocent by 6-1 to walk free after killing an innocent man. The lone juryman Mark Lepage who voted against the cop was whisked off to jail where he spent an unknown amount of years behind bars. His crime was he agreed to find the cop innocent but later refused to because the evidence was so overwhelming showing the cop was guilty as sin. Yes this really happened.

Citizens Killed by cops in Clark County dont count. Neither has a succession of Metro "insider" Sheriffs ever challenged this awful system. And so it goes: The outgoing Sheriff will continue the tradition of hand picking their predecessors to continue the same system described above. The people have no say at all.

It is all business as usual at good ol Metro.

Old 05-02-2008, 04:53 PM

1,158 posts, read 3,417,882 times
Quote:
I am sticking up for Puddy here. Because she is right. I too remember you bragging about giving out tickets. I remember you well. In fact you rubbed so many people the wrong way that everyone ganged up on you. Then you said you have had it with this place and would never come back. Liar.
can you find these posts ds41? i looked around to try find these bragging posts you keep referring to...found instances of cjski talking about giving tickets, but not things i would label as bragging.

the burden of proof is on you when you make claims like this (you know innocent until proven guilty, etc....kinda the stuff you claim the system here doesn't do)

Quote:
Nope, you asked or you dont believe so you look it up or shut up. The fact that others on here are discussing various incidents I mentioned should be reason enough to believe it.
the only incident people have discussed here is the ice cream lady in henderson. i knew of that therefore didn't ask for clarification.

i did look up one of the other incidents you mentioned and you didn't really have it 100% correct.

one of the versions i found:
reviewjournal.com -- News - For want of a car, a kid is gunned down

your version:
Quote:
That is just one of the many many like the kid who was handcufffed in the back seat of the cop car and got out and ran. The thug cops emptied, not shot at, emptied their guns into the mans back who was handcuffed. We can only guess that they had way too many donuts and could not run after the handcuffed boy so it was easier to shoot. I mean what the hell...there would be no consequence.
do you have another source that supports the above...that is why i asked you previously to back up what you post (remember? it was just b4 u freaked out and told me to shut up ). You say emptied their guns...the report says one shot each. the law states use of force is appropriate if the person fleeing poses a threat to the officers or the public (this has a speicifc name that eludes me ATM)...all stories re: this incident state the kid (Swuave Lopez) shot Kyle Staheli multiple times, stole his car and then returned to burn his body in the desert. he had the weapon (you can say plant, but ballistic matched it) and had bragged about the crime. now the shooting was unfortunate (i won't debate that), but wouldn't it had been worse if the fleeing kid (handcuffs now in the front) had hurt/killed someone completely innocent during the escape?

bottom line is the kid f'd up big time...he shouldn't have done the crime and shouldn't have run. did he deserve to die? code of hammurabi says yes...but we aren't in ancient babylonia, so that should have been for the courts to decide. the fleeing kid tried to cheat justice (you can say there is no justice, etc., but that is another argument) and paid the ultimate price. had he not run, had he gone to court he would most likely still be alive - maybe life in prison based on the crime, but still alive.

please, if you have another source stating different evidence in this i am open to read it. but you slanted your story too much for me to not take your other posts and 'facts' w/ a big grain of salt.

and cjski, i will PM ds41s posts to you...they are too big to incorporate into this post.

Old 05-02-2008, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by guinnessjim View Post
can you find these posts ds41? i looked around to try find these bragging posts you keep referring to...found instances of cjski talking about giving tickets, but not things i would label as bragging.

the burden of proof is on you when you make claims like this (you know innocent until proven guilty, etc....kinda the stuff you claim the system here doesn't do)

the only incident people have discussed here is the ice cream lady in henderson. i knew of that therefore didn't ask for clarification.

i did look up one of the other incidents you mentioned and you didn't really have it 100% correct.

one of the versions i found:
reviewjournal.com -- News - For want of a car, a kid is gunned down

your version:

do you have another source that supports the above...that is why i asked you previously to back up what you post (remember? it was just b4 u freaked out and told me to shut up ). You say emptied their guns...the report says one shot each. the law states use of force is appropriate if the person fleeing poses a threat to the officers or the public (this has a speicifc name that eludes me ATM)...all stories re: this incident state the kid (Swuave Lopez) shot Kyle Staheli multiple times, stole his car and then returned to burn his body in the desert. he had the weapon (you can say plant, but ballistic matched it) and had bragged about the crime. now the shooting was unfortunate (i won't debate that), but wouldn't it had been worse if the fleeing kid (handcuffs now in the front) had hurt/killed someone completely innocent during the escape?

bottom line is the kid f'd up big time...he shouldn't have done the crime and shouldn't have run. did he deserve to die? code of hammurabi says yes...but we aren't in ancient babylonia, so that should have been for the courts to decide. the fleeing kid tried to cheat justice (you can say there is no justice, etc., but that is another argument) and paid the ultimate price. had he not run, had he gone to court he would most likely still be alive - maybe life in prison based on the crime, but still alive.

please, if you have another source stating different evidence in this i am open to read it. but you slanted your story too much for me to not take your other posts and 'facts' w/ a big grain of salt.

and cjski, i will PM ds41s posts to you...they are too big to incorporate into this post.
Sounds like you are picking on me. Puddy mentioned about him bragging and I backed her up because I remember it. It seems you did the dirty deed of looking it up. He was indeed bragging about giving tickets. If I remember right, he was bragging about how he tricked people into admitting they were living here with the out of state plates. Which is harrassment of out of staters and ummm what do they call that? Oh yea.....profiling.

Ya know....listening to what you said about that Swave Lopes we are probably on the same side. That kid was a useless waste of human flesh. But I always preach what is good for the goose....you know the rest. If a thug entered your home and you alarmed him and he ran out into the yard and you put a bullet into the back of his head. You are guilty of murder because the threat is gone. If you do shoot a thug in your yard then you be sure to carry him back into your home before calling the cops. You can only shoot in the front which suggests that there is immediate harm to you. Once he turns and his back is to you then you can no longer shoot and claim a threat by law. Unless you are in Texas where the laws are in favor of the victims and are very very pro gun ownership.

This is my beef about that kid. They shot him in the back. No threat? Or is the threat that the 2 fat cops cant run after him? What you are questioning is the amount of bullets. The official report says 2 and I claimed more. Way more. I think I can still locate where I saved that info which by the way was not connected to the untrustable police reports. Those police reports are never filed until the superiors clear them. They are fudged and edited before being official. Come on now...politicos are so honest. They would never do such a thing. Nooooo not them.

So you are swapping private msgs on me huh. I bet that cop already has a hit out on me. At least this is all public information just in case. That is usually what they do with their wives once the wife files for divorce after having the pulp beat from her for years. Not counting Military, police have the highest rate of divorce. No one can live with them.

Old 05-02-2008, 08:54 PM

638 posts, read 2,246,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AAPoolServiceLV View Post
On another note.. How come when it comes to police in Clark County.. that we do not hear anything going on in Boulder City? Its only 15 mins away from Henderson and they have their own cops..but they is no news whatso-ever.. ? I just think its weird.

Very good point. It is strange isnt it? We also never hear anything out of Pahrump. You know there is wacky stuff going on in both places, but none of it seems to ever hit the news.

Old 05-03-2008, 01:40 PM

1,158 posts, read 3,417,882 times
Quote:
Sounds like you are picking on me. Puddy mentioned about him bragging and I backed her up because I remember it. It seems you did the dirty deed of looking it up. He was indeed bragging about giving tickets. If I remember right, he was bragging about how he tricked people into admitting they were living here with the out of state plates. Which is harrassment of out of staters and ummm what do they call that? Oh yea.....profiling.

Ya know....listening to what you said about that Swave Lopes we are probably on the same side. That kid was a useless waste of human flesh. But I always preach what is good for the goose....you know the rest. If a thug entered your home and you alarmed him and he ran out into the yard and you put a bullet into the back of his head. You are guilty of murder because the threat is gone. If you do shoot a thug in your yard then you be sure to carry him back into your home before calling the cops. You can only shoot in the front which suggests that there is immediate harm to you. Once he turns and his back is to you then you can no longer shoot and claim a threat by law. Unless you are in Texas where the laws are in favor of the victims and are very very pro gun ownership.

This is my beef about that kid. They shot him in the back. No threat? Or is the threat that the 2 fat cops cant run after him? What you are questioning is the amount of bullets. The official report says 2 and I claimed more. Way more. I think I can still locate where I saved that info which by the way was not connected to the untrustable police reports. Those police reports are never filed until the superiors clear them. They are fudged and edited before being official. Come on now...politicos are so honest. They would never do such a thing. Nooooo not them.

So you are swapping private msgs on me huh. I bet that cop already has a hit out on me. At least this is all public information just in case. That is usually what they do with their wives once the wife files for divorce after having the pulp beat from her for years. Not counting Military, police have the highest rate of divorce. No one can live with them.
haha..really? picking on you? swapping PMs about you? a hit put out on you? LOL!

i don't quite know where to start here, but lets start w/ the picking on:

all i did was ask you to back up your claims:
Quote:
Originally Posted by guinnessjim View Post
won't deny any of it if you can provide a link to corroborate it. you gotta back stuff up if you are going to write it (you should know that by now); esp. considering your last statement is a contradiction of your previous ones...
you responded w/:
Quote:
Why the hell should I do your dirty work? You google it. Surely you can't be that lazy. Or are you just oblivious to what goes on here. The 4 incidents I mentioned are just the most recent ones that are plastered all over the TV news. You dont have to be a guiness to watch the news do you?
and
Quote:
Nope, you asked or you dont believe so you look it up or shut up.
ok, fine...i was busy when i asked, now i am not so much...so i looked them up (including your claim re: bragging). found nothing to support what you put out there....and now you call this a dirty deed? i call it wanting to speak from an informed perspective, but that is just me i guess.

but i digress - your example of shooting a home intruder. apples and oranges here: i am not a cop, i am not charged w/ public protection nor am i trained in the laws or situations where force can/should be used. in the case of that kid, he was a known murderer and a potentially very real threat to the public...and if i had seen him running away and shot him, i would rightfully be charged w/ a crime. that is not my job...it is the job of the police.

at this point i am very doubtful you can produce anything re: number of bullets. think about what you are saying...two clips emptied into a body...that is over 20 bullets. he was pronounced dead at a hospital implying he wasn't dead at the scene. 20 bullets? lets just say he somehow wasn't dead at the scene after being shot 20 times...nobody at the hospital or morgue thought 20 holes was excessive? surely someone would have said something. you can claim cover-up all you want, but i aint buying it. too many loose ends, too much damage to cover up.

as for the swapping PM thing...dude, really? cjski asked to have your posts quoted (i assume he can't read them cause he has you on iggy). i clearly stated i didn't want to quote them due to their length so i PM'd them to him. nothing sinister, no conspiracy....you really need to get over yourself.

and your final statement was inflammatory nonsense...what did that whole wife thing have to do w/ anything? just illustrates your remarkable bias and blind hatred of the police.

statements like that illustrate that you are clearly biased and are exactly why you need to cite examples and provide evidence if you want to be taken seriously. that is like me saying that i remember reading something somewhere from a credible source stating that there is a positive correlation between being named jim and being a sexy beast...not that that isn't true, i mean i remember it being written somewhere
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas