Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2008, 12:05 AM

10,447 posts, read 49,665,596 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5kingsinvegas View Post
I am married to a career firefighter and I come from a family of firefighter's and police officers. Unless you experience it, you have no idea what it is like to send your spouse, child, parent off tho work everyday to a job that you know there is a realistic possibility that they may not come home to you at the end of their shift. My husband's cousin was a Detroit cop and was killed on the job less than 18 months after leaving the academy. I am sorry, but when you are confronted by the police you need to put both hands where they can see them and follow directions. They wouldn't be talking to you in the first place if they didn't have a reason and to antagonize the situation more is just plain stupid. Regarding the incident being referred to in prior posts, the woman grabbed her child and was acting in a threatening manner. If she had just stopped and acted rational and followed directions she would still be here. I am not willing to judge the situation because I was not there. I would not choose to be there and thankfully there are men and women who everyday put their lives on the line to try and keep us all safe.

I can't tell you how many times my husband has almost been hit by a car while on the side of the road working an accident scene. All because somebody is to impatient to wait a few minutes while the scene is stabalized so that traffic can be allowed to flow safely.

Live your life like an honest citizen and the police aren't going to harass you. Break the law and suffer the consequences.
Oh stop it. Dont give us that dangerous crap. Cops do not have a dangerous job. That is not my opinion. Go ask OSHA. Cops dont even rank in the top 10 most dangerous jobs. Do you know what does? Jobs like every day people who post here do. Fisherman, all construction, roofers, truck drivers, all farm workers, Electrical pole workers and so on. Cops rank way down the list at number 17.

Now if you want to talk about heros. You are right on when you mention Firemen. They are heros. They are more likely to be honest, polite, helpful and caring to those in need or to a thug. Find a cop that posesses any one of those qualities.

And how dare you defend the murderers who murdered that woman in cold blood. Murdered while she was on her knees giving up. Dont deny that either. All the bullets went into her chest and out her buttocks area meaning she was on her knees leaning forward. Oh and NO WEAPON. NONE. GET IT? NONE !! It was cold blooded murder of a innocent woman.

And you know what? Why should we respect them? We are their boss. How do you act when your boss at work hollars at you to do something. We are their boss. Unfortunatly they have the gun and the tin badge bought at the Dollar store and they are not one bit afraid to use it. Respect my ash.

Old 04-30-2008, 05:22 AM

3,771 posts, read 7,096,376 times
Looks like I started quite a battle here -- I didn't mean to. But I will say... one must be very careful with the priviledge a police officer is allowed to wield. And that's hard for me to say, as I have a few cop friends here in Cleveland. (In case you're unaware, entering East Cleveland might as well be for the sake of purchasing your own headstone.)

In the United States, 1983 cases (essentially your civil rights) are quite at stake in many areas of the country and it is interesting to see at the level which some areas police officers act as the Gestapo (Even as a young white male college student, I can't tell you how many times I've witnessed a cop unlawfully wield his power -- for some, they crave the power.)

That isn't to say that they don't have one of the toughest jobs in America, because they do. It's at tmes altruistic, and at times a nuisance to society -- quite a paradigm. But the old saying comes to mind, THEY signed up for it. The average citizen did not. When one sends their police-man husband out of the house and wishes them ado, let it not be remember that he's choosing his destiny. Thank God that he is, but it doesn't necessarily give him the right to wield without prudence.

My buddy from Cleveland, who recently went on "vacation" for shooting someone at a scene (it's such a psychological-damaging experience, really) and told me, the second anyone gets scared to do their job -- either at shooting someone, or being shot at, is when they need to hang it up because you won't be protecting yourself OR the citizen properly.)

I wonder if it's so bad, especially in NLV that they've forgotten that simple reasoning? Good luck to everyone in their areas.

Old 04-30-2008, 05:40 PM

560 posts, read 2,188,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertsun41 View Post
Oh stop it. Dont give us that dangerous crap. Cops do not have a dangerous job. That is not my opinion. Go ask OSHA. Cops dont even rank in the top 10 most dangerous jobs. Do you know what does? Jobs like every day people who post here do. Fisherman, all construction, roofers, truck drivers, all farm workers, Electrical pole workers and so on. Cops rank way down the list at number 17.

Now if you want to talk about heros. You are right on when you mention Firemen. They are heros. They are more likely to be honest, polite, helpful and caring to those in need or to a thug. Find a cop that posesses any one of those qualities.

And how dare you defend the murderers who murdered that woman in cold blood. Murdered while she was on her knees giving up. Dont deny that either. All the bullets went into her chest and out her buttocks area meaning she was on her knees leaning forward. Oh and NO WEAPON. NONE. GET IT? NONE !! It was cold blooded murder of a innocent woman.

And you know what? Why should we respect them? We are their boss. How do you act when your boss at work hollars at you to do something. We are their boss. Unfortunatly they have the gun and the tin badge bought at the Dollar store and they are not one bit afraid to use it. Respect my ash.

I honestly don't know what to say to you. It is always unsettling to realize how absolutely off the wall some people are.

Old 04-30-2008, 07:10 PM

10,033 posts, read 9,510,807 times
Sorry to disappoint you, but she did have a deadly weapon. You can deny it all you want but the fact is she had a knife.

Quote:

Old 04-30-2008, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5kingsinvegas View Post
I honestly don't know what to say to you. It is always unsettling to realize how absolutely off the wall some people are.
It must be YOU who is off the wall. Do you have any idea how many REPs I got for my comments? Im not writing to get REPS. I write the truth and I will always fight for the little guy and the less fortunate. Some one must be agreeing with me. So the only one off the wall are people who support those members of the largest street gang with the donut bellies.

Wake up man...those thugs are strong arming us and winning. With opinions like yours it is no wonder America is losing the battle for freedoms and equal rights. They are not your friends and not on your side, ever.

Old 04-30-2008, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VLWH View Post
Sorry to disappoint you, but she did have a deadly weapon. You can deny it all you want but the fact is she had a knife.
No weapon was ever presented in court although the cops claimed they had one in evidence. It was one of those plant-ems. You ever hear of those? One day when you are pulled over and you question the cop why, your family might find out the cops blew your head off and low and behold.....there was a gun in your hand. Get it?

Sure the woman was a little nuts but she should not have died for it.

Old 05-01-2008, 06:22 AM

2,990 posts, read 8,714,496 times
My question is .. if the Police is really corrupt and bad, what is the solution? I know in some countries, its common to give them a tip so they leave you alone? I don't know if that is going to work here?

Old 05-01-2008, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AAPoolServiceLV View Post
My question is .. if the Police is really corrupt and bad, what is the solution? I know in some countries, its common to give them a tip so they leave you alone? I don't know if that is going to work here?
Thanks for showing your concern rather then bashing something that we dont want see but know it is present.

You are right, what can we do? They have people so brainwashed into believing how wonderful the cops and politicos are. Many people feel they can do no wrong. There are still people who love the NJ Governer after he fought against gay rights then was found in bed with another man. People still love the old Atlanta Mayor who was caught with enough cocane to get everyone in Georgia high and want him to run again after he did his 12 years in the big house. The list goes on.

You have local LV Metro cops like Lt Goode who was arrested for defrauding mortgage companies last month. Last year an ex Metro cop was thrown in jail for kidnapping and molesting a little boy.

There is not much we can do. You complain and you are a marked man.Only one time in the last 30 years has a member of the hand picked jury by cops lawyers voted guilty to a cop. They are threatened into voting innocent against charged cops. That one time, lone juryman Mark Lepage who voted against the cop was wisked off where to this day has never been found. Yes that is a true story.

Take a walk in any of our parks. Each park has a big brass plaque dedicating the park with the year and a list of city council members. 7 of the 11 names are either in jail as we speak or are under indictment waiting trial. Go check it out. Read the names on the brass plaque.

ATENTION !!
To all who value American Freedoms, this is not about being anti-police. It’s about alerting the public to a series of recorded facts that show Las Vegas police to be over abusive and violent compared to other US cities. The records show little or no leadership to control the abusive, overzealous, gun happy, motorist harassing, violent police, found in Henderson and Las Vegas Nevada. It’s about their records on file, which indicates excessive abuse towards resident, families, children, elderly and visitors (especially visitors) to the valley.

It’s about abuse of power and authority by terrorists hiding behind the badge. Don’t kid your self, it doesn’t take rocket science to see it, read or hear about police abuse in this area. As a 12 year resident and victim of petty police harassment myself, it becomes quickly evident, that the police are systematically abusing the general public and the leadership has failed to control it. It’s so bad that residents are selling out and a newly hired Henderson Chief of Police has quit because he tried to make things right but the pressures of corruption that be failed him. In Las Vegas the people have no voting power for the new Sherrif. The old one pics the new one. And on goes the good ol boy saga.

It’s their record of abuse and cover-ups that should be sounding alarms in everyone’s head. It’s about police abuse and the violation of every US American’s Constitutional rights and civil liberties. The police have established that they cannot be trusted. The Proof is a matter of public record. Be aware and protect your families from the police in Nevada.

Oh and dont give a dollar or a half your sandwich to a homeless person in the park or you will be arrested, jailed, banned from entering a CC park for 6 months and fined.

Old 05-01-2008, 02:24 PM

623 posts, read 1,817,694 times
The police here are alittle hardnosed compared to other departments because of what they have to deal with. Vegas attracts some of the worst human beings on earth--tweakers, scam artists, etc. Dealing with that day in and day out will wear on anyone and they never know what kind of person it is that they are dealing with on any given call

Old 05-01-2008, 05:11 PM

10,033 posts, read 9,510,807 times
How do you expect anyone to take you serious when you make statements like that?

Of course if you have proof you would like to share...........

Quote:
No weapon was ever presented in court although the cops claimed they had one in evidence. It was one of those plant-ems. You ever hear of those? One day when you are pulled over and you question the cop why, your family might find out the cops blew your head off and low and behold.....there was a gun in your hand. Get it?

Sure the woman was a little nuts but she should not have died for it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas