Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2020, 04:16 PM

2,413 posts, read 2,032,119 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmegaSupreme View Post
Not impacted yet, but I'm sure I will be one way or another at some point, I would donate my entire wealth if I could make it go away.

There are two sides to every story, I don't believe in conspiracies myself, but perhaps the people pushing HC have an agenda. To me it doesn't look promising, we will have to wait and see

I suggest reading the article posted here as well as the comments on Reddit. They make good arguments.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Coronavirus...thromycin_and/
Why would you link to reddit and not the original?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2020, 08:00 PM

848 posts, read 648,616 times
New updates from the Las Vegas Review-Journal

https://www.reviewjournal.com/news/p...dated-2006726/

https://www.reviewjournal.com/news/p...ounty-2006323/

The main takeaways for me were the following:

1. There are 340 hospitalizations across the entire state for COVID-19. Based on Nevada Hospital Association data, there are approximately 5,500 staffed hospital beds in the state. This equates to approximately 6% of all hospitals beds in the state being used for COVID-19 patients. This proves the hospital numbers from SNHD are cumulative so it would be great if they would tell us how many people actually are in the hospital, in ICU, and on a ventilator currently to properly assess the situation at this time.

2. The Nevada economic catastrophe continues to get worse. According to the article over 300,000 Nevadans have filed for unemployment in the last 30 days.

3. New cases continue to decline, and there is no significant increase in fatalities. Based on the latest SNHD report, there are only 1,368 active cases in Clark County using their total recovered figure of 1,141.

Old 04-14-2020, 08:39 PM

2,880 posts, read 2,809,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cold Warrior View Post
Why would you link to reddit and not the original?
Lots of insightful comments (not all accurate) dissecting the article and links to further articles.

Old 04-14-2020, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ND_Irish View Post
Perhaps the people pushing for mass testing, contact tracing on smartphones, vaccines, and expensive drugs have an agenda.
Perhaps, but this is happening in every country. Does big pharma or big brother run every single country?

I would think putting the entire world economy into the $hitter wasn't done on purpose.

Old 04-14-2020, 08:56 PM

1,927 posts, read 1,058,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ND_Irish View Post
New updates from the Las Vegas Review-Journal

https://www.reviewjournal.com/news/p...dated-2006726/

https://www.reviewjournal.com/news/p...ounty-2006323/

The main takeaways for me were the following:

1. There are 340 hospitalizations across the entire state for COVID-19. Based on Nevada Hospital Association data, there are approximately 5,500 staffed hospital beds in the state. This equates to approximately 6% of all hospitals beds in the state being used for COVID-19 patients. This proves the hospital numbers from SNHD are cumulative so it would be great if they would tell us how many people actually are in the hospital, in ICU, and on a ventilator currently to properly assess the situation at this time.

2. The Nevada economic catastrophe continues to get worse. According to the article over 300,000 Nevadans have filed for unemployment in the last 30 days.

3. New cases continue to decline, and there is no significant increase in fatalities. Based on the latest SNHD report, there are only 1,368 active cases in Clark County using their total recovered figure of 1,141.
There is no doubt the unemployment numbers will go substantially higher. They had a representative from unemployment at Sisolak's press conference who stated they were receiving 15000 calls per day with only 200 operators. How many more called who got a busy signal? Busy means no lines left to transfer the call so their phone system probably never "sees" the call to catalog it.

Sisolak acknowledged that he'd received numerous complaints from people stating that they have not been able to get through to unemployment for weeks. My roommate finally got through at 9:30 this morning and received a message stating that there are no more available slots for the day. Unemployment only opened at 8am!

Unemployment also acknowledged that they were aware of at least 15000 with application problems in the online system and that they had also received 70000 emails.

Incredible.

Old 04-14-2020, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Perhaps, but this is happening in every country. Does big pharma or big brother run every single country?

I would think putting the entire world economy into the $hitter wasn't done on purpose.
How do we know what is happening in every country? I've heard precious little about the economic situation in other countries.

A lot of other countries already have social welfare systems in place that would cover events like this but the US does not.

I'm also not aware that most other countries have embarked on the full scale shutdowns many states in the US have.

Old 04-14-2020, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by equid0x View Post
How do we know what is happening in every country? I've heard precious little about the economic situation in other countries.

A lot of other countries already have social welfare systems in place that would cover events like this but the US does not.

I'm also not aware that most other countries have embarked on the full scale shutdowns many states in the US have.
I didn't quote you, do you have two accounts or something and are confused?

The point however is, the US acted late, much later than other countries that have had success at controlling the spread. That is the single reason the US has the most cases, the reason why many countries, including many Asian countries that are right next to China, have contained the virus to an extent.

Old 04-14-2020, 09:33 PM

848 posts, read 648,616 times
Quote:

It is my opinion that big pharma, big banks, and other big businesses have tremendous influence on governments. The revolving door at many US Government departments and agencies is well know. I am a strong believer in the concept of regulatory capture. Dr. Scott Gottlieb, an individual who gets quite a bit of press right now and was recently FDA commissioner, is a perfect example of someone rotating in and out of government from a related industry. In addition to rejoining the VC firm where he worked in the healthcare division, he also joined the Board of Directors of Pfizer shortly after leaving the FDA in 2019. Not surprisingly, Dr. Gottlieb is a big proponent of vaccines for the coronavirus, and it just so happens Pfizer has been hard at work on one since about a month ago. Here is a link to more information on that endeavor by Pfizer:

https://www.fool.com/investing/2020/...coronavir.aspx

I can surmise political and financial motives regarding why some might want the world economy to crash. This is an election year in the United States. I also am pretty certain some people made a lot of money from the massive moves in the markets over the last several weeks. I'll give you one prominent example in the financial world: hedge-fund manager Bill Ackman. This article sums up what he did rather well:

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/la...tic-2020-04-06

Old 04-14-2020, 09:44 PM

Quote:
I didn't quote you, do you have two accounts or something and are confused?

The point however is, the US acted late, much later than other countries that have had success at controlling the spread. That is the single reason the US has the most cases, the reason why many countries, including many Asian countries that are right next to China, have contained the virus to an extent.
Project much? I have already stated that I only use a single account. I know it must be shocking to you that others on this board share a similar view of things to my own, but apparently that is the case. Nice gaslighting attempt.

I didn't know I had to be quoted to respond to a message on a public forum.

Taiwan has openly stated not to trust China's numbers. You keep pointing there as evidence of containment while failing to acknowledge that Taiwan completely locked down all travel into and out of the country. So certainly, there seems to be some indication that timely border lockdowns work although I hardly find this surprising. I've yet to see any studies indicating that masks protect the non-infected wearer from viruses although there are indications that they prevent the infected from spreading by way of containing sneezes and coughs.

Old 04-14-2020, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by equid0x View Post
You won't know (anything) if all you do is watch Fox news
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas