Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2020, 02:42 PM

5,142 posts, read 2,113,203 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestieJeff View Post
Only 1270 cases and 29 deaths because it's been shut down.

The whole country and world is grinding to a halt.

Watching Louisiana, Florida, Michigan deaths blow up and the early shutdown in NV seems to have been the right call.
Unfortunately, New York City said "Hold my beer".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTInQNeeYrI
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2020, 02:56 PM

1,927 posts, read 1,079,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hrw-500 View Post
Unfortunately, New York City said "Hold my beer".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTInQNeeYrI
It's not uncommon in NYC to have graves buried on top of graves so....

I'm not sure why they can't take the refrigerator trucks full of bodies to other crematoriums that are outside the area and not backlogged.

Old 04-07-2020, 06:09 AM

2,880 posts, read 2,851,293 times
another hack account spreading propaganda.

do you really think lots of people read these forums and are influenced by your stupidity OP, like it's going to change their vote?

please close these troll threads mods.

Old 04-07-2020, 10:50 AM

8,456 posts, read 4,657,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by equid0x View Post
It's not uncommon in NYC to have graves buried on top of graves so....

I'm not sure why they can't take the refrigerator trucks full of bodies to other crematoriums that are outside the area and not backlogged.

Didn't even bother watching it did you? It says the refrigerator trucks are full. The funeral homes are all full. Morgues are full. The number of people dying at home have gone up from about 25 to 200-215 per day.

You might try stepping out of your echo chamber before spouting your "irrefutable truths". This is why no one takes you seriously.

Last edited by clutchcargo777; 04-07-2020 at 10:59 AM..

Old 04-07-2020, 12:21 PM

1,927 posts, read 1,079,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clutchcargo777 View Post
Didn't even bother watching it did you? It says the refrigerator trucks are full. The funeral homes are all full. Morgues are full. The number of people dying at home have gone up from about 25 to 200-215 per day.

You might try stepping out of your echo chamber before spouting your "irrefutable truths". This is why no one takes you seriously.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. NY has just revised their numbers and found cases to be 75% lower than predicted. You're telling me trucking companies can't haul off these trailers and bring in new ones?

Again, you'll have to use some critical thinking here.

How many refrigerator trucks do you think come in and out of NYC every day? I bet that number is in the thousands.

440 people in NYC die every day regardless of the existence of any pandemics.

I'm really beginning to believe you Liberals will believe literally anything you see on TV, Facebook, Twitter, or YouTube so long as it fits your worldview.

Old 04-07-2020, 12:29 PM

805 posts, read 878,897 times
So many people don't know about Operation Mockingbird.

It's right there on any search engine (maybe not Google). Look up what that 'was'.

Think about it long and hard and start questioning everything, we all need to do this to find the truth unfortunately.

Don't bother calling me names for telling you the truth. There is no conspiracy about what it 'was', it 'happened'.

Do we think it just ended or did it grow more all encompassing?

Old 04-08-2020, 06:08 AM

Hydroxychloroquine probably doesn't work against covid19

https://www.snopes.com/news/2020/04/...g-coronavirus/

There are some other treatments being tested in different countries. Hopefully the clinical trials work out well before boofhead proclaims anything else to be a game changer (or any other cliche term he might choose to use)

Old 04-08-2020, 01:58 PM

848 posts, read 656,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmegaSupreme View Post
Hydroxychloroquine probably doesn't work against covid19

https://www.snopes.com/news/2020/04/...g-coronavirus/

There are some other treatments being tested in different countries. Hopefully the clinical trials work out well before boofhead proclaims anything else to be a game changer (or any other cliche term he might choose to use)

You have to be kidding. There is so much anecdotal evidence in the United States and around the globe to indicate that it works for many people. Andrew Cuomo has indicated that this is the case in New York, and it may explain the decrease in hospital utilization there. Even Mayor de Blasio said today that New York City will be fine on ventilators through this week given current trends. A Democratic legislator in Michigan was prescribed hydroxychloroquine once her health began to decline significantly, and she said she started feeling better within hours. Here is the link to the story:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ry/2967210001/

While I would hope this is not the case, I am starting to believe there are some people who despise President Trump so much that they are unwilling to accept the fact that hydroxychloroquine does work for quite a few people. The bottom line is that doctors around the globe are using it and are reporting success. That is a good thing no matter what your political views happen to be since it helps to address what we all were told was one of the most pressuring issues with this virus, i.e., overwhelming the American hospital system with critically ill patients who would potentially need to be placed on a ventilator.

Old 04-08-2020, 02:34 PM

18,057 posts, read 10,522,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ND_Irish View Post
You have to be kidding. There is so much anecdotal evidence in the United States and around the globe to indicate that it works for many people. Andrew Cuomo has indicated that this is the case in New York, and it may explain the decrease in hospital utilization there. Even Mayor de Blasio said today that New York City will be fine on ventilators through this week given current trends. A Democratic legislator in Michigan was prescribed hydroxychloroquine once her health began to decline significantly, and she said she started feeling better within hours. Here is the link to the story:

While I would hope this is not the case, I am starting to believe there are some people who despise President Trump so much that they are unwilling to accept the fact that hydroxychloroquine does work for quite a few people. The bottom line is that doctors around the globe are using it and are reporting success. That is a good thing no matter what your political views happen to be since it helps to address what we all were told was one of the most pressuring issues with this virus, i.e., overwhelming the American hospital system with critically ill patients who would potentially need to be placed on a ventilator.
The problem of course is that nothing also has a very high cure rate. Above 95% mostly. So you really need to get to comparable death rates to determine whether or not it is a big contributor to a good outcome.

I see no reason anyone would be against the drugs being a cure or even mostly a cure.

The latest report of good news from France says they had a death rate below 1%. But in France the overall death rate is over 10%. It would stand to reason that, if the study is correct, France would have adopted it and the death rate would now be very low. And also note the US is doing vastly better than France on death rate. So perhaps France should copy the US.

Old 04-08-2020, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ND_Irish View Post

I didn't write the article. I just posted the news. What did the surgeon general say? What did Fauci say? What are leading doctors in most countries saying? They are all saying the same thing.

We need to wait for the (real) clinical trials

Last edited by OmegaSupreme; 04-08-2020 at 02:51 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas