Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2020, 02:06 AM

3,475 posts, read 3,291,994 times

Advertisements

The purpose of the EO is to ban stockpiling of the medication, causing an artificial shortage.

I understand the Governor's and his advisors' prudence in the matter.

I'd like to clear this up, because we should all have accurate information in times of crisis.

There are several points I'd like to address (and please correct me if I'm mistaken):

1.) The people admitted to the hospital are specifically exempt -- they can still receive the treatment.

I'm not a lawyer, but the verbiage states:

2.) "The provisions of this emergency regulation *DO NOT* apply to an inpatient in an institutional setting [OR] to an existing course of treatment for a diagnosis made before the effective date of regulation."

If the "OR" was an "AND" then it would mean that inpatients won't have access to hydroxychloroquine or chloroquine, but that's not the case.

I think it means this: "...do not apply to A.) an inpatient in an institutional setting [hospitals/facilities] OR to B.) an existing course of treatment for a diagnosis made before the effective date of regulation. [Outpatient/doctor's office visits]

It's a misinterpretation that Sisolak wants to choose who lives or dies.

3.) Furthermore, the treatment (hydroxychloroquine and Azithromycin), hasn't been shown to prevent SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) infection, so people shouldn't be taking it as a preventative anyway.

If there's new evidence to the contrary, Sisolak should rescind the EO.

4.) The people that take hydroxychloroquine everyday, for autoimmune issues, are able to only get a 14 day (per Walgreens) or 30 day prescription right now. People were able to get a prescription for 60 and 90 days beforehand, and are having to pay TWO COPAYS because of the artificial shortage.

Patients who need it won't be able to get it if people stockpile them.

5.),The problem with taking both Hydroxychloroquine and Azithromycin together is: "QT prolongation" which can cause fatal heart arrhythmias if not monitored and corrected fast.

Patients admitted to the hospital likely would need to be on telemetry for around-the-clock heart monitoring.

The patients in the French study who took HCQ and Azithromycin were all under medical supervision.

6.) If you're not hospitalized, your symptoms probably aren't so severe that you'll will need hydroxychloroquine and Azithromycin together anyway. If you are hospitalized, the medications will be available for you to use while admitted and isolated.

7.) Rights have to be tempered by Responsibility.

Unfortunately not everyone is responsible.

A run on potentially life-saving medications will deprive those who really need it with the worst symptoms/medical conditions, both acute and chronic.

There are people buying up whole pallets of toilet paper and bottled water and hand sanitizer!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2020, 05:04 AM

55 posts, read 27,645 times
I expect that defensive California Democrats - who so badly messed up California - are going to come after you big time for this post. Those California Democrats moved here, are trying to do in Southern Nevada what they did to California, and they get really mad when actual facts are put in their face. And they are going to be really mad here because their man Sisolak has guaranteed Great Depression 2.0 for Nevada with his monumentally stupid and reckless decisions. i've seen many incompetent governors, but I've never seen anyone as stupid and incompetent as Sisolak.

There is one silver lining here: California is also going to go into Great Depression 2.0, so it is likely that a lot of those obnoxious California Democrats will return back to...California. Let them leave here and go back there as soon as possible. And when they go back to California, they will further deprive Sisolak of Democrat votes in Nevada. It is likely that without California Democrats living in Nevada, Sisolak would not have been elected governor in the first place.

It is beginning to dawn on people across the country that a massive, hysterical, and unwarranted national overreaction has happened in reaction to COVID-19. Sisolak foolishly and characteristically got caught up in this overreaction. Unfortunately, we all will have to pay the price for Sisolak The Stupid and all of his recklessness. Sisolak may indeed be recalled. He most certainly will face a humiliating defeat in the next election. Sisolak's California Democrat supporters can mourn his defeat from California, where I'm sure in a couple of years they will be continue their business of destroying California.

EXTRA NOTE: California Democrats who are getting defensive here realize that this hydroxychloroquine issue is lethal to Democrats. Sisolak The Stupid banned people from getting it here. Michigan's Democrat governor banned it and threatened doctors who used it to help COVID-19 victims. Evidence is emerging on the ground, particularly in the last three days, that hydroxychloroquine - combined with various "mycin" drugs - is shortening the duration of the COVID-19 illness by substantial amounts, and is lessening the chance of health care workers from contracting very bad cases of COVID-19. It appears to act as somewhat of a defensive/prophylactic shield, as well as shorten the duration and severity of COVID-19 in a substantial number of people.

The Democrats dismissed hydroxychloroquine as a potential help with COVID-19...just because Trump mentioned it. Then they wanted hydroxychloroquine banned for COVID-19 cases...just because Trump mentioned it. Then their governors started banning it...just because Trump mentioned it. Sisolak banned it in Nevada...just because Trump mentioned it.

The public is largely aware that it is Democrats who have attempted to block this most useful of compounds - hydroxychloroquine - from a public which is desperate for anything that will help with the disease of COVID-19. It is Democrats that have tried to block this, and dismiss this, over and over again. And now that evidence of its helpfulness is emerging, Democrats are going bananas in their defensiveness about the issue. Too bad. Democrats want hydroxychloroquine banned and not mentioned, the public is aware of that, and the Democrats will pay dearly for this.

Last edited by jupiter87135; 04-04-2020 at 05:21 AM..

Old 04-04-2020, 05:52 AM

3,475 posts, read 3,291,994 times

Old 04-04-2020, 08:12 AM

101 posts, read 53,758 times
This guy was paddle boarding in CALIFORNIA and they chased him down with officers on shore and in a boat to ARREST him. This isn’t about a virus anymore...

Citation here: This is REAL folks...
https://ktla.com/news/local-news/off...at-home-order/

Old 04-04-2020, 08:41 AM

472 posts, read 379,994 times
My wife is up for a refill for hydrochloroquine for her rheumatoid arthritis this week. We'll see if it's available or if it's been hoarded and now not available to those who have been receiving it for their condition.

Sisolak is a moron governor, blubbering on TV last night like a school girl. We need leaders now, not listen to a list of things he CAN'T get done. He cowers from the challenges that this state faces.

When will he realize it's the governor's job to provide health care for his state, not the feds. The feds are assisting 55 states and territories and people and reporters are ripping the Feds about supplies, response,etc and these governors who are unprepared are getting off Scot free on the blame. This is a crisis and there are hardships in crisis. It's obvious when you watch the news and listen to these millenial reporters, they have never dealt with crisis before and all these reporters do is complain that it's not going as good as THEY expect.

Americans have gotten more spoiled with each generation. Thank God we have someone leading this country with a set of balls who can make tough decisions. Wish we had a governor like that. If Obama was still president we'd still have inaction waiting for some polling to come back on what the popular couse of action should be taken.

Last edited by nickydim; 04-04-2020 at 08:51 AM..

Old 04-04-2020, 09:35 AM

8,425 posts, read 4,600,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisMT View Post
Does anyone know if he rescinded the ban like the Michigan governor did?

Please no personal attacks, hate for possible cures, hoarding explanation, comments about fish tank cleaner, orange is bad, right wing accusations or personal belief if the treatment works or not.

I just want to know if someone can get the Rx for COVID or do they still have to be admitted to a hospital? I have a family member who is older and tends to get pneumonia easily so want to be prepared about the options...

Personally, I think my immediate family may have had COVID already since we all got the 'flu' twice this year to varying degrees..I wish we had an antibody test to know so we could move on and since I am a prolific blood donor, maybe having antibodies could be a good thing for someone....

Keep in mind, taking Hydroxychloroquine precludes you from being a blood doner for quite some time. This is one reason we aren't shotgunning everyone with it even if it was proven to have prophylactic effectiveness. It would suck if no one could donate blood.

Last edited by clutchcargo777; 04-04-2020 at 10:57 AM..

Old 04-04-2020, 09:41 AM

12,908 posts, read 28,061,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestieJeff View Post
Only 1270 cases and 29 deaths because it's been shut down.

The whole country and world is grinding to a halt.

Watching Louisiana, Florida, Michigan deaths blow up and the early shutdown in NV seems to have been the right call.
You are correct

I’m in Florida and the governor is a joke. People still shopping. Stores still open. Apparently every type of business is an essential

It’s going to get real bad here

Old 04-04-2020, 10:29 AM

786 posts, read 850,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clutchcargo777 View Post
Keep in mind, taking Hydroxychloroquinewill precludes you from being a blood doner for quite some time. This is one reason we aren't shotgunning everyone with it even if it was proven to have prophylactic effectiveness. It would suck if no one could donate blood.
Thanks for the info!

I think I already had COVID actually, my family experienced two 'flu's' this year and one of them was probably COVID imo based on symptoms and how it effected family members according to age...I wasn't wondering for myself, but for elderly relatives with health conditions.

And the directive is confusing to me.

I want to go give blood because of the shortage of donors, but honestly wondering about lowering my immunity or being in a clinic setting right now in case I have not had this virus (yet).

Old 04-04-2020, 12:53 PM

1,927 posts, read 1,065,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestieJeff View Post
Only 1270 cases and 29 deaths because it's been shut down.

The whole country and world is grinding to a halt.

Watching Louisiana, Florida, Michigan deaths blow up and the early shutdown in NV seems to have been the right call.
I knew that was coming.... zero evidence for that claim.

If the average person interacts with 100 people in a month, and we have 1270 known cases, then 127,000 people were already exposed. Some of them became carriers and each exposed another 100 ppl and so on and so forth.

The cat was out of the bag long before any lockdowns took place.

The time for quarantines was when patient zero was identified and their contacts traced.

Old 04-04-2020, 01:15 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,411,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by equid0x View Post
I knew that was coming.... zero evidence for that claim.

If the average person interacts with 100 people in a month, and we have 1270 known cases, then 127,000 people were already exposed. Some of them became carriers and each exposed another 100 ppl and so on and so forth.

The cat was out of the bag long before any lockdowns took place.

The time for quarantines was when patient zero was identified and their contacts traced.
Nevada state data indicates we are reaching the peak...deaths per day was increasing earlier in the week and reached 10 deaths per day. It has been decreasing the last few days and the latest day was only 2 deaths. So we appear to be near the peak and should know if it is true next week.

The less good news is that the new patient count still looks flat to increasing. So again we should have a better view next week.

https://app.powerbigov.us/view?r=eyJ...RkMjcwMzk4MCJ9
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas