Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2020, 02:42 AM

6 posts, read 7,470 times

Advertisements

Gkad to be back in Newport beach, Ca. Happy to be paying triple for my quality of life. I live on the beach and will never have to worry about 120 degree days for 5 months straight. I've met so many people who tried Las Vegas and came back to Newport Beach after 1 year. I suppose that's why they say if you stay there for 2 years...you're a local. This air is so damn fresh here and everyone looks so healthy and happy. A far cry from roasting in oppressive heat with a a bunch of broke people who have to love it there. They have no other options. They defend that hell hole because they don't have a choice. So sad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2020, 03:49 AM

23,238 posts, read 29,085,198 times
a member of our 55+ community in Tucson just moved back to CA, but super defensive Las Vegans don't want to hear about it. They'd call it Fake News!

Old 02-25-2020, 06:19 AM

228 posts, read 197,526 times
Glad you are loving Calif. I too loved it in the 80s. I have lived in Europe and Mexico and can live anywhere I so desire. For me, I love Las Vegas. I can not wait for the heat to return.
Why did you leave Newport to begin with? I am sure whatever the reasons were, you will soon find they are still there once the warm fuzzy feeling wears off.
Vegas may not be everyone's cup of tea. When I first came in 2012 for a visit, I knew I was going to hate it. I don't gamble, don't like sloppy drunks.... Three days later I was hooked. We came every year 2-3 times and each time I did not want to go home. In 2017 we moved here and I have never been happier. I complain about the food, but I live in N Las Vegas and it is still growing. I figured after 2 &1/2 years my warm fuzzy feeling would be gone, but every day I tell my spouse how much I love it here. My spouse says Vegas Vegas Vegas, that is all you talk about. I do love it here and I am so glad you love it where you are.

Old 02-25-2020, 08:12 AM

37 posts, read 22,698 times
Default Different folks, different strokes

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimscott View Post
Gkad to be back in Newport beach, Ca. Happy to be paying triple for my quality of life. I live on the beach and will never have to worry about 120 degree days for 5 months straight. I've met so many people who tried Las Vegas and came back to Newport Beach after 1 year. I suppose that's why they say if you stay there for 2 years...you're a local. This air is so damn fresh here and everyone looks so healthy and happy. A far cry from roasting in oppressive heat with a a bunch of broke people who have to love it there. They have no other options. They defend that hell hole because they don't have a choice. So sad.
There is no 120 degree heat for 5 months straight in Las Vegas. Glad you are happy where you are at. I have lived in LA for over 20 years and know Newport Beach. I’ll take Vegas over Newport Beach any day of the week.

Old 02-25-2020, 08:56 AM

355 posts, read 213,829 times
Here we go again

Welcome to the Jungle

Highway to Hell

Don't feed the troll.

Old 02-25-2020, 09:12 AM

11,479 posts, read 9,158,059 times

Old 02-25-2020, 09:27 AM

1,086 posts, read 748,199 times
Quote:
Newport Beach is a great place. A lot of people love it. Wouldn't be my choice to live but I know a lot of people do love it and that's great for you. Other people find Newport Beach to be full of fake people, ridiculously expensive, with horrible traffic. To each their own. No need to bash Las Vegas (again) though. Go enjoy Newport Beach and your amazing life there! Only someone with a pretty horrible life would go online for the sole purpose of bashing other people... and especially other people they don't even know. Sounds sort of sad really.

Old 02-25-2020, 09:31 AM

1,086 posts, read 748,199 times
Also, another time you said you lived in Oxnard. That's a couple hours from Newport Beach. You didn't sound happy there. I am glad you found wonderful Newport Beach now. Congrats!

09-10-2017, 01:13 PM
kimscott
befriend

6 posts, read 4,024 times

I've lived in Oxnard for 10 years and amazingly I see the rents are the same as NYC and there is nothing to do here. No museums or culture, (unless mexico is your thing) lousy transportation, no air conditioning anywhere in the city, rents over 3k, traffic nightmare (people slamming on their brakes in front of you or drivers trying to exhibit their skills by driving 50 mph in the supermarket parking lot). What I can't figure out is why would someone move here to make a 2 hour commute when the rents across the street from your office are probably lower or at least the same and you have a choice of fine restaurants and a nightlife. When you rent an apartment here they will tell you that air conditioning is not required here because you'll get cool ocean breezes. You will ROAST in your apartment and I live on the beach! Truth is...the infrastructure can't handle it. There are brown outs that last for hours. The only place that delivers around here is Vons. Forget about ordering up chinese food or anything else for that matter. They won't deliver to this area. If your car breaks down, be prepared to pay $50.00 to go 10 blocks in a taxi or you can stand in front of your house and wait all day for Uber to show up.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/vent...tential-4.html

Old 02-25-2020, 10:18 AM

469 posts, read 495,309 times
Must be a registered Democrat

Old 02-25-2020, 10:28 AM

1,612 posts, read 2,019,150 times
Quote:
Well I for one am happy that you're back in a place that makes YOU happy. That's the only thing that matters. Can you convince many more Californians that live here that vote in politicians to make Nevada very liberal like CA to move back as well??

Last edited by timothyaw; 02-25-2020 at 10:49 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: