Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2020, 06:49 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,378,871 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pineville0493 View Post
Vegas drivers are worse than SoCal drivers.
Nah. Little difference. When we go back to CA we use Lyft after we drive to the hotel. We both have decades of driving there but we have not lived there for a couple of decades. So we avoid getting mucked up on streets we do not remember as well as we think we do. But no Vegas drivers are actually about the same as S. CA. Just a more challenging environment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2020, 07:30 PM

3,049 posts, read 4,554,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic Romano View Post
People live in the Antelope Valley because most have to live there, not because they want to.
Says who??? You?

That's how a lot of people feel about Reno, NV too.

Every time I've gone to Reno in the last 20-odd years, I always come across a local or two complaining about what a pit it is. Never fails.

Yet, you still love it, and I'm sure you know plenty of people that like it as well.

So, why be a douche about the Antelope Valley?

Old 03-02-2020, 07:30 PM

2,990 posts, read 8,719,123 times
From my experience when I go back home to the Bay Area that drivers there are not as bad as drivers here in Vegas. It may be because there is more stop and go traffic conditions at all times compared to more open streets in Vegas where people will go 30-40 over the speed limit because they can. When I drive 75-80 on the 215 I feel like people pass me doing 10-15 over that quite a bit.

Old 03-02-2020, 07:35 PM

1,086 posts, read 748,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kttam186290 View Post
Says who??? You?

That's how a lot of people feel about Reno, NV too.

Every time I've gone to Reno in the last 20-odd years, I always come across a local or two complaining about what a pit it is. Never fails.

Yet, you still love it, and I'm sure you know plenty of people that like it as well.

So, why be a douche about the Antelope Valley?
I would say that's what most people say about Reno but it's gotten a lot better over the years. It's still a pit in parts but there are nice sections too. Heck, like most cities!

Old 03-02-2020, 07:47 PM

3,049 posts, read 4,554,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by longviewJoe View Post
I would say that's what most people say about Reno but it's gotten a lot better over the years. It's still a pit in parts but there are nice sections too. Heck, like most cities!
Exactly. Point is, there are nice sections and crappy sections everywhere!

Hell, right down the street from me is some of the worst parts of Van Nuys and NoHo.

I really don't get these people who go out of their way to rag on places in California like Bakersfield, Riverside, or the Antelope Valley?

The lady stated that her kids live in Lancaster and are giving her and her husband a room there to be with them and their grandchildren and some people lose it and start bashing.... ...are you guys that classist and rude that you bash a woman and her husband for choosing to be with their family in a working class suburb (Lancaster) over a superficial retirement community in Las Vegas?

I've never gone on the Reno forum and talked about the pee-stench on Virginia Street, the lack of decent restaurants there or the fact that every third person seemed like they were tweaking.

What would be the point? I also know that Reno has some very nice areas off the beaten path and it is trying really hard to be more of a college town environment than a gambling stop.

Old 03-02-2020, 11:32 PM

3,433 posts, read 3,764,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kttam186290 View Post
Exactly. Point is, there are nice sections and crappy sections everywhere!

Hell, right down the street from me is some of the worst parts of Van Nuys and NoHo.

I really don't get these people who go out of their way to rag on places in California like Bakersfield, Riverside, or the Antelope Valley?

The lady stated that her kids live in Lancaster and are giving her and her husband a room there to be with them and their grandchildren and some people lose it and start bashing.... ...are you guys that classist and rude that you bash a woman and her husband for choosing to be with their family in a working class suburb (Lancaster) over a superficial retirement community in Las Vegas?

I've never gone on the Reno forum and talked about the pee-stench on Virginia Street, the lack of decent restaurants there or the fact that every third person seemed like they were tweaking.

What would be the point? I also know that Reno has some very nice areas off the beaten path and it is trying really hard to be more of a college town environment than a gambling stop.
Okayyyyy...

You're absolutely right, you go to other forums and trash Reno. And Vegas. Like you are here. Something about casting stones in glass houses? My comments are no different than yours. I'm sure I have been around the Antelope Valley more than you have been around the Washoe Valley.

Now shall we focus on the troller that is kimscott?

Old 03-03-2020, 03:32 PM

10,481 posts, read 25,307,454 times
Quote:

Half of the bad driver's out here are from southern California. So that explains it.

Old 03-04-2020, 07:15 PM

365 posts, read 424,193 times
If I was here illegally I'd want to live in Cali too.

Old 03-04-2020, 10:41 PM

5,479 posts, read 2,126,556 times
Quote:
Oh, the irony! The bad Vegas drivers ARE the SoCal drivers!

Old 03-05-2020, 08:26 AM

1,086 posts, read 748,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USMC1984 View Post
Oh, the irony! The bad Vegas drivers ARE the SoCal drivers!
Crazy idea here but maybe there are bad drivers everywhere!? It seems just about every single geographic area I know of, in the US, says some other area has the worst drivers. Never me always them! People are just so geocentric.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: