Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-24-2008, 03:44 PM

2 posts, read 4,485 times

Advertisements

I'm trying to move from Georgia to LA,for Business reasons.Letme say this again for Legal Business reasons.But anyway I'm from New Orleans and Me and my kids have been here for three years and we have incounter so much racism,and quote,unquote people whom are so comfortable with there self center closed minds to where they are ready to pass judgement on you because of your skin color.But it don't bother me because my parents did not raise me like that.I never grew up saying my mom is white and my dad is black,because they are not they are my parents.But I want to say is I'm a married woman on section 8 whom worked for twenty five years and took sick.My husband and I lost our home and we had to apply for section 8 in order to live in areas that we thought was safe and quite.But they where not because the stress of living in an area where your neighbors are always watching and waiting for something bad to go on at your house because you are black.That hurts and I hate for the kids to have to live like that.And all people that are on section8 is not on it by choice,they need it.And if it was not around I don't know where my family would be.And I want to move to Lancater because Now I'm better I have finished school and I'm moving because I'm now a Business Developer,trying to bring my New Business to that area to help the Communities and to Help keep the kids out of Gangs. From a WOMAN WITH A HEART OF GOD. Only positive feedback
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2008, 08:02 PM

11,715 posts, read 40,449,173 times
It looks like you'll fit right in up there.

Old 09-24-2008, 11:35 PM

8,256 posts, read 17,346,611 times
It truly does seem perfect for you. Good luck moving out here. I'm serious...nice to hear stories of people turning their lives around.

Old 09-25-2008, 02:55 PM

5,835 posts, read 5,202,555 times
I wish I had something positive to say about Lancaster...oh wait...you can buy a home really cheap there.

Old 09-25-2008, 05:43 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,530,120 times
OK...I'm sorry, but I have to say this. Why would you move to Lancaster? Lancaster and Palmdale have major issues (issues that you are trying to run away from) Its like you are jumping from the frying pan into the fire. There are other places in this great state of California(and better yet, this country) that will be more lucrative for starting a business AND will give your children a good life. But Lancaster ain't it! That area is having problems with high rates of crime, unoccupied(ie foreclosed) properties, poor school performance, long commute times, gang activity and white supremist activity.

Old 09-25-2008, 07:06 PM

5,612 posts, read 15,114,593 times
From wha tI've heard you really don't want to move to Lancaster. It's about an hour outside of LA. If you know where your job will be, you should try to move as close as possible. The Leimert Park area or Baldwin Hills area of LA is predominately Black so you may feel more comfortable there. There are also lots of organizations that fit your area of interest there. Culver City is also very nice. Good Luck.

Old 09-25-2008, 09:17 PM

2 posts, read 4,485 times
Thank You.Just trying to find out what my options are.Because I've been searching and I'm trying to find a place with low crime and little racism,and good schools. But most important of all is space when it comes down to houses and size. With having a big family i need plenty of space. Thank you Guys for being Honest. I'll keep you all posted with what i find. God Bless.

Old 09-25-2008, 09:31 PM

11,715 posts, read 40,449,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by baddest View Post
Thank You.Just trying to find out what my options are.Because I've been searching and I'm trying to find a place with low crime and little racism,and good schools. But most important of all is space when it comes down to houses and size. With having a big family i need plenty of space. Thank you Guys for being Honest. I'll keep you all posted with what i find. God Bless.
How did Lancaster even wind up on your radar given your requirements?

Old 09-25-2008, 09:43 PM

8,256 posts, read 17,346,611 times
Oh. IDK how I read it so uncarefully. No, Lancaster is horrible for you. LOL.

IDK, but maybe try Bakersfield, Fresno, Sacramento, etc...some city in the Central Valley because it is generally cheaper there.

But, overall, I think CA is probably a bad choice for you. Cheap areas are usually either filled with white-supremists/racists or extremely poor Hispanics with bad education and sky-high crime rates. Blacks have become wealthier in LA at least, or maybe the poor are just leaving b/c they can't afford it. IDK

Old 03-16-2009, 11:30 AM

27 posts, read 75,227 times
Lancaster is cracking down on Section 8 people. Apparently alot of people in Lancaster are very angry that there are so many section 8 people living there, alot of them illegally. The percentage of Section 8 in Lancaster is double the average for LA County, so you cant really blame Lancaster for being angry. Lancaster doesnt really need or want anymore Section 8. You will be moving into a city that already hates section 8 people. Just being honest. I wish you luck in getting back on your feet and off Section 8.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles