Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-18-2011, 12:44 AM

1 posts, read 1,904 times

Advertisements

I know a lot of people have contributed to this question before...but I really want to move to Lancaster because of the cheap housing..is it really that bad out there?I have found a condo around 15th street east,and I have heard a lot of horror stories about the east side...I have 2 kids,a 3yr old boy and a 1yr old girl...should I really be worried about the high number of sex offenders?I live in LA right now and we do have crime out here but all these stories about Lancaster is really scary...Help!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2011, 09:46 AM

13,827 posts, read 29,948,125 times
Cross street?

Old 12-06-2011, 11:32 AM

102 posts, read 513,678 times
It depends on what part of 15th St East. I would encourage you to stay away from the northen part from Avenue H through K. Past K would be fine. Either way, check out the area drive around, meet the neighbors, this will give you the best idea of what that neighborhood is like. There are some nice, friendly and safe neighborhoods on the east side as well. The other thing you have to consider is that crime has been major declining these last couple years thanks to the city and many other people who love and care about our great city.

Old 12-06-2011, 11:35 AM

26,329 posts, read 93,779,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lukeehime View Post
I know a lot of people have contributed to this question before...but I really want to move to Lancaster because of the cheap housing..is it really that bad out there?I have found a condo around 15th street east,and I have heard a lot of horror stories about the east side...I have 2 kids,a 3yr old boy and a 1yr old girl...should I really be worried about the high number of sex offenders?I live in LA right now and we do have crime out here but all these stories about Lancaster is really scary...Help!!!

Where be your job is?

Old 01-25-2012, 09:31 PM

3,049 posts, read 4,548,352 times
Do yourself a huge favor and look on the West Side of town, please! Which is anywhere to the west of the 14 Freeway! Almost anything in the 93536 zip will be west of the freeway and will be a good buy. In Palmdale, anything in the 93551 zip is good.

You asked for an opinion and I'm giving you my honest opinion. I don't want you to be one of those posters who is back on here several months later, after you've moved, who is talking about how "hellish" your life is and how you made the "biggest mistake" of your life.

Old 02-10-2012, 06:35 PM

1 posts, read 1,582 times
I would have to say I agree..I just transferred to edwards from eglin afb in florida and made the mistake of renting in east lancaster. As we speak I am waiting for my landlord to call me back to find out how much of a penalty I am going to have to pay to break my lease I just signed three days ago.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles