Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2020, 03:43 PM

1,614 posts, read 2,040,821 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic Romano View Post
If I had a choice between Vegas and Lancaster? Vegas hands down...
But FREE lodging. They can use the savings to come to Las Vegas several times a year I'm sure.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2020, 05:48 PM

7,087 posts, read 8,697,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimscott View Post
Gkad to be back in Newport beach, Ca. Happy to be paying triple for my quality of life. I live on the beach and will never have to worry about 120 degree days for 5 months straight. I've met so many people who tried Las Vegas and came back to Newport Beach after 1 year. I suppose that's why they say if you stay there for 2 years...you're a local. This air is so damn fresh here and everyone looks so healthy and happy. A far cry from roasting in oppressive heat with a a bunch of broke people who have to love it there. They have no other options. They defend that hell hole because they don't have a choice. So sad.
HAHAHAHA you have to be joking, right?! That place has some of the worst weather in the US! I’d rather take Portland’s weather. It’s cold ALL year around, it’s almost never above 70 and it literally is never above 80, so it’s never even once swimming weather, just cold from January through December. My dad had a house in that overrated old people’s home and I couldn’t see the appeal at all. Not only is it massively overpriced but there’s nothing to do around there, everything closes incredibly early, weather sucks, it’s far from real civilization in LA, just sucks all around. I’m glad your negative attitude left that’s for sure.

But please don’t be stupid, that shouldn’t be asking too much. You sound like a total moron. It’s virtually never 120 degrees in Vegas, not even one time per year. It’s rarely even 115. And it ain’t for 5 months or anywhere close. It’s more like 95-110 for 3 months, that’s a lot more accurate to say. It feels fantastic and I wouldn’t trade the summers here for those cold miserable summers in Newport Beach any day.

I’m sorry you couldn’t figure out where to live but I’m surrounded by wealthy people in Las Vegas, where there is tons of money and luxury properties and where I can get the best food and entertainment in the world. You live in the most boring spot I can think of in the LA area. Congratulations. And you pay a huge premium to do it.

Old 02-28-2020, 07:38 PM

8,265 posts, read 8,494,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timothyaw View Post
Well I for one am happy that you're back in a place that makes YOU happy. That's the only thing that matters. Can you convince many more Californians that live here that vote in politicians to make Nevada very liberal like CA to move back as well??
^^^^That!

Old 02-29-2020, 10:32 AM

10,065 posts, read 9,591,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckydogg View Post
LOL, complaining about the rents in Oxnard in 2016 - so she moves to Newport Beach in 2020!?

Oxnard is the hood compared to Newport so if you can't afford Oxnard you sure as hell can't afford Newport!
After seeing previous “stories” by the OP, I really have my doubts to the validity to whatever they post.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/las-...me-jungle.html

Old 02-29-2020, 10:54 AM

1,086 posts, read 760,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VLWH View Post
After seeing previous “stories” by the OP, I really have my doubts to the validity to whatever they post.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/las-...me-jungle.html
I forgot about that post. I would say that one showed pretty significant signs of mental illness. Hopefully they get help in Newport Beach or wherever they live now.

Old 03-01-2020, 03:44 PM

3,049 posts, read 4,590,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soclose View Post
Must be a registered Democrat
So are the vast majority of people in Clark County, Nevada

Old 03-01-2020, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cold Warrior View Post
The Southern California basin is where one finds the worst smog in the country. California has become a state for the very rich and the very poor and, lucky you, you live in one of the most expensive cities in California. So stay in your exclusive commune beside the Pacific ocean as long as you can. Some summer day you will need to travel inland as far as, say, Santa Ana, and there you will see how wretchedly unhealthy California is for 90% of Californians.
Santa Ana is not "unhealthy" in the least. It has nice restaurants, beautiful old neighborhoods with lush vegetation and a strong sense of community.

Last edited by kttam186290; 03-01-2020 at 03:58 PM..

Old 03-01-2020, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic Romano View Post
If I had a choice between Vegas and Lancaster? Vegas hands down...
Not everyone cares about gambling, being able to smoke wherever they want, 24-hour party scenes, buffets and zero income taxes, etc.

Some people love their families, and if you have your family around, you can be happy anywhere.

Lancaster is a growing middle-class community with a lot of things going for it. It's the perfect location in Southern California for being close to so much. They've got almost everything any other city does. My brother and his family live in Palmdale nearby, as do our parents. They all love it.

Old 03-01-2020, 04:43 PM

18,057 posts, read 10,496,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kttam186290 View Post
Not everyone cares about gambling, being able to smoke wherever they want, 24-hour party scenes, buffets and zero income taxes, etc.

Some people love their families, and if you have your family around, you can be happy anywhere.

Lancaster is a growing middle-class community with a lot of things going for it. It's the perfect location in Southern California for being close to so much. They've got almost everything any other city does. My brother and his family live in Palmdale nearby, as do our parents. They all love it.
You are confusing local residents with tourists. The locals are seldom driven by gambling or carousing. The Strip is our steel mill not our residential area.

And I would think it is a nicer climate than Lancaster/Palmdale. They have real winter. And in the peak of summer they are not far off the temperatures of Las Vegas.

If Las Vegas had not clicked for us one of the alternatives was to head back to CA. But not the coastal plain. Just did not like the climate there. A little inland in OC was likely.

Old 03-01-2020, 04:50 PM

5,480 posts, read 2,148,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimscott View Post
Gkad to be back in Newport beach, Ca. Happy to be paying triple for my quality of life. I live on the beach and will never have to worry about 120 degree days for 5 months straight. I've met so many people who tried Las Vegas and came back to Newport Beach after 1 year. I suppose that's why they say if you stay there for 2 years...you're a local. This air is so damn fresh here and everyone looks so healthy and happy. A far cry from roasting in oppressive heat with a a bunch of broke people who have to love it there. They have no other options. They defend that hell hole because they don't have a choice. So sad.
120? Exaggerate much? 117 is the record.

...If you're so much more happy now, why bother with this thread? Did you just not make it there? Why all the hate?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: