Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2008, 01:55 PM

2 posts, read 14,307 times

Advertisements

Hi

I filled out the online application for Executive Assistant at the Executive Offices. I took the timed test (did not finish), took the personality profile test and submitted my application with resume but did not get a confirmation that anything had been accepted.

Within a couple of days I got a phone call from the HR department and scheduled an interview for the next day. I met with a girl that I am guessing is a first string evaluator who gave me a 10 minute structured q and a.

I have absolutely no idea or indication how I did or if I should expect a call back. She told me that I would be hearing from them in about 2 weeks and excused me with no further explaination.

My question is this; Is this the norm? I like to think that I made a good impression, but I just feel like a number.

Any insight or advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2008, 04:12 PM

697 posts, read 3,279,630 times
I worked for the Venetian for a while when I first moved here and my better half works for them now.

You know little about the process (they like it that way), and that is normal. I do not know anyone who has finished the timed test.

The phone call should have been about your work history and the such. Don't worry. Thats all it is supposed to be. It is just an HR person verifying your answers. You will be hearing from them soon. By phone or email. Phone is good, email is not.

Good luck to you.

Old 06-16-2008, 03:41 PM

2 posts, read 5,797 times
Default Venetian Hiring

Hi,
I applied to an Analyst position at the Venetian early last week. When I applied online I was told to schedule an interview, but I'm having a lot of trouble with that. When I try to schedule an interview online or by phone I'm always told that there are no interview times available and that I should try back later. Does anyone know how many days or weeks I'll have to wait before I'm able to schedule an interview? I e-mailed HR and they just tell me that their calendar is full... they aren't very helpful.
Thanks!

Old 06-16-2008, 05:46 PM

The number of positions at the Venetian has gone down drastically but the number of applicants has grown exponetially. My wife says there are roughly 200 open positions property wide (Palazzo too) and about 10k applicants for all of them. They have cut back in HR and now the number of interview slots is lower. When I worked for them, we had almost 800 people in my orientation, now they average about 70 or so. Now is not a good time to find work in this town.

Old 06-16-2008, 09:12 PM
MS1

135 posts, read 357,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjski21 View Post
The number of positions at the Venetian has gone down drastically but the number of applicants has grown exponetially. My wife says there are roughly 200 open positions property wide (Palazzo too) and about 10k applicants for all of them. They have cut back in HR and now the number of interview slots is lower. When I worked for them, we had almost 800 people in my orientation, now they average about 70 or so. Now is not a good time to find work in this town.
Well, I am flying in for an interview tomorrow for Guest Services Coordinator, so I hope you and your wife will wish me luck!

Old 06-16-2008, 10:22 PM

We do. Good luck.

Old 06-17-2008, 12:32 AM

231 posts, read 587,624 times
Quote:
The number of positions at the Venetian has gone down drastically but the number of applicants has grown exponetially. My wife says there are roughly 200 open positions property wide (Palazzo too) and about 10k applicants for all of them. Now is not a good time to find work in this town.
I agree. From what Ive always heard Vegas has NET growth of 7,000 people per month and right now it seems like there are alot more people looking for work than there are jobs. My friend works for the city of North Las Vegas and told me they had 1,800 people apply for 2 accountant positions last month. Thats scary but not quite as scary as 10,000 people applying for 200 positions at the Venetian/Palazzo!!

Old 06-17-2008, 12:37 AM

391 posts, read 1,714,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WANative View Post
I agree. From what Ive always heard Vegas has NET growth of 7,000 people per month and right now it seems like there are alot more people looking for work than there are jobs. My friend works for the city of North Las Vegas and told me they had 1,800 people apply for 2 accountant positions last month. Thats scary but not quite as scary as 10,000 people applying for 200 positions at the Venetian/Palazzo!!
50 to 1 odds is scarier than 900 to 1?!? Are you sure you live in Vegas?

Old 06-17-2008, 02:40 AM
MS1

135 posts, read 357,714 times
Quote:
We do. Good luck.
Thank you both.

Old 06-18-2008, 12:31 AM

231 posts, read 587,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarkGrisowld View Post
50 to 1 odds is scarier than 900 to 1?!? Are you sure you live in Vegas?
Either one are scary! LOL! The odds are not in your favor regardless. Sometimes youve got to know when to hold em and sometimes youve got to know when to fold em!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas