Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2018, 07:51 AM

6,760 posts, read 3,386,526 times

Advertisements

Dust is the bane of my existence. I can spend three hours detailing my car and by the time I get to the front the back is dusty already.

My car club had 10 entries into a charity car show at the M back in June. It was 105* and windy, and it was amusing to see 200 people dusting off their cars every 15 minutes.

Old 08-01-2018, 12:51 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,152,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro5 View Post
Dust is the bane of my existence. I can spend three hours detailing my car and by the time I get to the front the back is dusty already.

My car club had 10 entries into a charity car show at the M back in June. It was 105* and windy, and it was amusing to see 200 people dusting off their cars every 15 minutes.
I used to be married to an auto-enthusiast. We were at a car show in California ( Again!) and some dude walks by as I’m wiping the dust off the show car. He sarcastically said in a whiny voice
“ I’ll bet car was in the Fast and the Furious” I just kept wiping off the dust and truthfully said “yes”

His friends had a field day with him

Old 08-02-2018, 05:32 AM

Now time for why I also love this town. The people on this board go out of their way to help others. It’s hard to raise an eyebrow here, because we have pretty much seen it all. I love desert rain. I love having someplace or something to do at any time I want. I love our well-maintained roads. I love that we are a kick-ass community.

I don’t love the heat. I’ve been here way too long.

Old 08-02-2018, 09:04 AM

1,415 posts, read 1,195,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
I hate that the UPS man beats on my door like the cops are coming or the building is on fire. I’m considering mailing him the underpants he just made me shat.
Could be worse. The FedEx guy barely slows down before throwing your stuff out the truck! Broken? Oh, not their fault.

When I lived there, every time it rained, my street developed rapids. Big fun!

Old 08-02-2018, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatopescado View Post
Could be worse. The FedEx guy barely slows down before throwing your stuff out the truck! Broken? Oh, not their fault.

You mean the flash floods that send vehicles directly into the Imperial Palace garage? They call it the Linq now or something. But grab your surfboard and ride the wave!!

Ps. I like your username catfish

Old 08-02-2018, 12:37 PM

28,803 posts, read 47,772,730 times
Quote:

Another reason we're glad we bought "up the hill".

Old 08-03-2018, 02:29 PM

1,415 posts, read 1,195,466 times
Yeah, I lived waaay down in the bottom. Used to ride dirtbikes out in what is now the bottom of Lake Las Vegas.

Don't even like visiting anymore.

Old 08-03-2018, 05:50 PM

7,087 posts, read 8,654,688 times
Quote:

Haha currently my doorbell situation is pretty pathetic, so it basically rings on the main floor, which is completely inaudible from any of the upstairs rooms, anywhere in the basement, you don't hear anything. So the only way I ever hear a package delivery is if I'm in the hallway or the main floor (I'm never there, except to eat, so it really isn't the "main" floor lol). BUT when I do get the occasional driver who bangs hard on the door, I actually hear that, so I guess I'm thankful for it.

I always joke that I hate when companies put "FRAGILE" on my packages, because I'm pretty sure UPS is rougher with them than they are normally. :P I knew a guy who spent years working at UPS, and he told me horror stories, about them jumping up and down on boxes to fit them into tiny spaces, and throwing the packages into the truck just for fun, basically chaos and no regard for the packages. He said the company treats workers really well, everyone has a lot of fun all things considered, but the packages do not benefit lol

Old 08-07-2018, 05:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanLB View Post
Haha currently my doorbell situation is pretty pathetic, so it basically rings on the main floor, which is completely inaudible from any of the upstairs rooms, anywhere in the basement, you don't hear anything. So the only way I ever hear a package delivery is if I'm in the hallway or the main floor (I'm never there, except to eat, so it really isn't the "main" floor lol). BUT when I do get the occasional driver who bangs hard on the door, I actually hear that, so I guess I'm thankful for it.

I always joke that I hate when companies put "FRAGILE" on my packages, because I'm pretty sure UPS is rougher with them than they are normally. :P I knew a guy who spent years working at UPS, and he told me horror stories, about them jumping up and down on boxes to fit them into tiny spaces, and throwing the packages into the truck just for fun, basically chaos and no regard for the packages. He said the company treats workers really well, everyone has a lot of fun all things considered, but the packages do not benefit lol
That’s funny. I bought an old Dutch oven from a lady on EBay. She packaged it like she expected them to play basketball with it . She triple wrapped it in Depends undergarments.

Today’s “ hate this town” is just the fecken heat again.

Steph’s always correct weather forecast for June, July, and August. “ Hot. Hotter, and f’king Hot”

I’ve never been wrong.

Old 08-07-2018, 05:34 PM

It is 110, and the “breeze” feels like someone blowing a hair dryer in your face.

Every plant you spent money on at Star is now dead.

Your dogs are asking for a litter box because they don’t want to go outside.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas