Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2018, 05:35 PM

28,803 posts, read 47,772,730 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuterion View Post
I was being facetious because NLVGAL has been facetious the entire thread mocking the inanity of the complaints we see here.
I was right there with you until this:

Quote:
You are the poster boy for Clark County Schools:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stratosphere

Maybe I'm wrong but last time I went to the stratosphere I don't remember taking the elevator 4 miles up.
At that point it was no longer lighthearted. It was a personal attack. If you're going to be an ass you're going to be treated like one.

Old 07-31-2018, 06:28 PM

241 posts, read 143,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tek_Freek View Post
I was right there with you until this:

At that point it was no longer lighthearted. It was a personal attack. If you're going to be an ass you're going to be treated like one.
Well I'll be a man and say sorry.

Old 07-31-2018, 07:09 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,152,591 times
Quote:
Well I'll be a man and say sorry.
Forgiven.

I hate that the UPS man beats on my door like the cops are coming or the building is on fire. I’m considering mailing him the underpants he just made me shat.

Old 07-31-2018, 07:16 PM

Agreed. Forgiven.

Old 07-31-2018, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tek_Freek View Post
The fondness is reciprocal. Where do these idiots come from? How important is it that the Stratosphere doesn't reach the stratosphere? Apparently to some it's the only thing they have to talk about.

Anal, Anal, bo-banal
Banana-fana fo-fanal
Fee-fi-mo-manal
Anal!

I'll bet you know that song.
Yeah. I heard it last time I was in the looney bin. They set the AC to about 65 there. I think I might check in even if I need to drool all over myself. Again.

Old 07-31-2018, 07:52 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,396,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
Forgiven.

I hate that the UPS man beats on my door like the cops are coming or the building is on fire. I’m considering mailing him the underpants he just made me shat.
Amazon delivery guy shows up with my new desk chair. Reasonably fancy chair that reclines far enough to nap in...the key new spec. Leaves it 10 feet from the front door and does not ring the bell. Hmmm.

Box is busted six different places. Metal structural tab sticking through. Considered just rejecting but rain is threatening and it is not protected. Also hoped all inside would be intact.

No such luck. Parts damaged and missing. Enough that simply switching parts is not viable.

Amazon wants it back. But the packaging is shot. Luckily we took a half dozen shots before opening it.

Amazon agrees and authorizes refund without return.

Still a problem of how to get rid of the darn thing. Think I am going to put it up on Nextdoor for free and see if anyone wants to try and shag the parts to finish it. The damage is not that bad if you can get the parts.

Anyone here who wants a black leather reclining chair for free if they pick it up drop me a DM. In current production so the parts should all be available..

Old 07-31-2018, 11:26 PM

550 posts, read 639,139 times
I hate that no matter what we do to combat it, there is always a fine layer of dust on my tile floors and you have to sweep it up. Vacuuming does no good. It's the bad part of those unobstructed desert and mountain views I have; no other homes blocking the dusty expanse.

Old 07-31-2018, 11:30 PM

550 posts, read 639,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
Forgiven.

Thank you for the crack up you just gave me. It's funny because it's true.

Old 08-01-2018, 01:02 AM

Living up by Lake Mead and 215 is great on saving gas when you go somewhere. Sucks (literally) when you come back.

There outta be a big towrope for going up that hill. Like a ski lift.

Hook it up going down. Put the car in neutral, build up that energy in a giant spring, and earn a free ride back up.

Old 08-01-2018, 03:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momofvegasgirls View Post
I hate that no matter what we do to combat it, there is always a fine layer of dust on my tile floors and you have to sweep it up. Vacuuming does no good. It's the bad part of those unobstructed desert and mountain views I have; no other homes blocking the dusty expanse.
Swiffer duster, grasshopper. I used to live in a house that is now in an area now named Centennial Hills. There was nothing out there but dust, lizzards, and cactus back then.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas