Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2016, 10:12 AM
EA

6,791 posts, read 7,133,496 times

Advertisements

It's not too hard to enforce. It's impossible to enforce. It's a waste of time and resources to do so.

We have a lot of murder, a ton of bad drivers, a ton of drunk drivers, a ton of gangs but please lets divert police attention away from those things to focus on a mild inconvenience.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2016, 10:21 AM

12,600 posts, read 9,406,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EA View Post
It's not too hard to enforce. It's impossible to enforce. It's a waste of time and resources to do so.

We have a lot of murder, a ton of bad drivers, a ton of drunk drivers, a ton of gangs but please lets divert police attention away from those things to focus on a mild inconvenience.
yes, I guess the only thing is to outlaw the source/suppliers statewide and have just a bit of enforcement near the Indian outlets.

Old 07-05-2016, 10:25 AM
EA

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildWestDude View Post
yes, I guess the only thing is to outlaw the source/suppliers statewide and have just a bit of enforcement near the Indian outlets.

Kind of like how they heavily regulated sinus pills to stop meth production only to have meth production increase?

Old 07-05-2016, 10:27 AM

472 posts, read 379,431 times
Quote:
Why?

Old 07-05-2016, 11:40 AM

3,631 posts, read 7,688,499 times
Quote:
I feel ya and agree 100%. I was going to make such a thread but you beat me to it!

Anyway, probably as someone already stated its too hard to enforce at this point.

The smoke when I can home around 10:30 PM was like FOG! If I had the home windows open, the smoke alarms would have been set off! TIME TO PUT AN END TO THIS!

....AND IT DOESN'T STOP. IT STARTED A FEW DAYS BEFORE THE 4TH AND IT CAN GO FOR WEEKS AFTERWARDS! WTF!
Agree 100%

Were it not for the fire hazard they present (which they do in our dry climate) I wouldn't mind them ON THE 4th and ON New Years at midnight but listening to them for DAYS just ticks me off and 2 of my dogs really hate it as well.

Old 07-05-2016, 12:26 PM

452 posts, read 337,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EA View Post

Despite the law, every intersection in my neighborhood looked exactly like this.

You must live in a terrible neighborhood, I drove around 3 different neighborhoods last night around midnight and saw no mess in the streets you speak of

Old 07-05-2016, 12:32 PM

9,480 posts, read 12,323,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHoVe View Post
Agree 100%

Were it not for the fire hazard they present (which they do in our dry climate) I wouldn't mind them ON THE 4th and ON New Years at midnight but listening to them for DAYS just ticks me off and 2 of my dogs really hate it as well.

A lot of people use a Thundershirt for their dogs with great success. I have seen them at Petsmart. Thankfully my dogs care at all about fireworks. I have taken them to fireworks shows and they don't even seem to notice.

Dog Anxiety Vest | Shop Dog Anxiety Treatments | ThunderShirt

Old 07-05-2016, 12:40 PM

86 posts, read 82,935 times
We had some spectacular fireworks by my house. Seriously fantastic. I really don't mind the noise- I'm only concerned about the fire hazard.

Old 07-05-2016, 12:46 PM

687 posts, read 1,948,175 times
You whiners about fireworks are real lightweights. Spend July 4th in Chicago sometime. All fireworks are illegal there, but on the the 4th of July, the entire city is basically a free fire zone. I can't describe it except to possibly say that what I experienced here, compared to there might be like comparing a mosquito to an alligator bite.

Old 07-05-2016, 01:02 PM
EA

Quote:
Originally Posted by calisoccer99 View Post
You must live in a terrible neighborhood, I drove around 3 different neighborhoods last night around midnight and saw no mess in the streets you speak of

My area is pretty nice. They cleaned it up after I took the pic. There's no mess at all in my neighborhood this morning.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: