Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2016, 06:16 AM

399 posts, read 694,674 times

Advertisements

It sounded like a war zone in my neighborhood from 7pm to 12:30am! Random fireworks going off until at least 3:45am. These were NOT the safe and sane fireworks sold by charities, these were monster shells probably bought in Pahrump. My dog was freaked out all night. I only got 4 hours of sleep. My yard is covered with firework debris.

Its time to ban all fireworks in Nevada and increase fines for violators.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2016, 06:22 AM

11,479 posts, read 9,158,059 times
I heard some 9mm, .40S&W, .45ACP, 12GAUGE, etc., etc., etc. ...

Old 07-05-2016, 06:54 AM

359 posts, read 362,098 times
that train left the station years ago i can deal with laying on the floor with my dog cranking the tv for ONE night i cant deal with them lighting the mortars off days before and after the 4th

by the way last night fox 5 had breaking news about the drowning of a 6 year old at the scene you could see numerous police cars and right behind that you could see see numerous aerials going off?

Last edited by Poncho_NM; 07-15-2016 at 04:02 PM.. Reason: Please stop your foul comments...

Old 07-05-2016, 07:03 AM

555 posts, read 776,352 times
that won't happen because the the places that sell the aerial fireworks operate under Tribal sovereignty. There's not enough police officers to prevent the transportation and setting off said fireworks once they leave the Indian reservation.

Old 07-05-2016, 07:26 AM

2,469 posts, read 3,267,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vegas taco View Post
that train left the station years ago i can deal with laying on the floor with my dog cranking the tv for ONE night i cant deal with them lighting the mortars off days before and after the 4th

by the way last night fox 5 had breaking news about the drowning of a 6 year old at the scene you could see numerous police cars and right behind that you could see see numerous aerials going off? W T F?
That is how I feel. People can't even wait until it's dark to light them up let alone the 4th.

Fourth of July is my favorite holiday. I would like to thank all the people who spent their money on the good fireworks and gave me a good, free show.

Old 07-05-2016, 07:34 AM

472 posts, read 378,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BWNLV View Post
It sounded like a war zone in my neighborhood from 7pm to 12:30am! Random fireworks going off until at least 3:45am. These were NOT the safe and sane fireworks sold by charities, these were monster shells probably bought in Pahrump. My dog was freaked out all night. I only got 4 hours of sleep. My yard is covered with firework debris.

Oh boo hoo. Damn it already. You want to BAN people expressing their happiness of the freedom that lets them shoot off fireworks at 3:45am on Independence day celebrating independence and freedom. What a paradox. This is why I moved out of the northeast. Someone gets in a sissy snit because they are inconvenienced and are so self absorbed they want to change all of society to accommodate themselves. You know how intolerant you sound?

It's one day a year, people have fun, put up with it and stop sounding like a spoiled brat. Freedom is a really good reason to celebrate.

Last edited by nickydim; 07-05-2016 at 07:46 AM.. Reason: spelling

Old 07-05-2016, 08:05 AM

799 posts, read 709,426 times
Quote:
Not even close. This type of thinking is available in abundance in the first state to the west of NV. It is why many people, myself included, pulled up life long roots, and left that cesspool. "Banning" things is a complete waste of time, energy, and resources, and still doesn't work, and all you have to do is look across the border to see the failure in all it's splendor. Especially things that have been around for hundreds and thousands (in the case of fireworks) of years.

America is founded on freedom from government intervention. About the only "ban" we need is to ban anything that reduces that freedom, including well meaning, but unnecessary proposals like this.

Old 07-05-2016, 08:07 AM
EA

6,791 posts, read 7,124,963 times
LMAO. Because banning things has totally worked so well in the past.

Alcohol....
Drugs.....
Guns.....
Fireworks....
Imported cars less than 25 years old....

People get the things they want. It is 100% illegal to set off fireworks that leave the ground in Clark county.
Hundreds of thousands to millions of fireworks went off last night all over the city. If every single cop in the entire state was in Vegas specifically arresting people for shooting off fireworks, not only would they not make a dent, they would run out of jail space, real criminals would go free, and hundreds of thousands of fireworks would still go off.
No law, no amount of enforcement, no penalty can possibly stop people from letting off fireworks on July 3-5 and January 1.

It would be incredibly ignorant to even try and it would only exacerbate other problems. Instead of cops arresting real criminals, like murderers and thieves, they'd be out busting tax payers with jobs and families who want to celebrate FREEDOM AND LIBERTY.

Old 07-05-2016, 08:23 AM
EA

6,791 posts, read 7,124,963 times
It's illegal, and people were setting them off 3 houses down from cops last night. I personally witnessed that and the cops couldn't do anything. I watched from Hollywood drive right next to the road. People were setting them off 10 feet from the road as cops were driving by. There was nothing they could do and they know it.

All fireworks are illegal in Clark County except for a certain, low-risk variety and only during the week prior to July 4. In order for fireworks to be legal in Las Vegas, they have to meet all of the following conditions:
  1. The fireworks carry the "Safe-N-Sane" emblem (which means they do not rocket, explode or leave the ground once they are ignited),
  2. The fireworks are sold by licensed vendors approved by the fire department in special booths located in Clark County (there are more than 400 vendors, and they are typically run by nonprofit groups such as booster organizations), and
  3. The fireworks are sold anytime during the week from June 28th to July 4th . . . and once July 4th is over, you may no longer possess or use them.
In short, even the Safe-N-Sane fireworks are illegal to possess in Clark County for all but one week out of the year. So if you have any fireworks left over after July 4th, you should contact your local fire department to take them off your hands.
Examples of fireworks that are always illegal in Clark County, even during July 4th, include
  • roman candles,
  • parachutes,
  • bottle rockets,
  • black cats,
  • trick matches,
  • black jacks,
  • lady fingers,
  • mortar shells,
  • M-80s,
  • chasers,
  • cigarette loads,
  • autofoolers, and
  • sparklers more than 10 inches in length or more than a ¼ inch in diameter.

Despite the law, every intersection in my neighborhood looked exactly like this.

Old 07-05-2016, 10:07 AM

12,600 posts, read 9,397,741 times
Quote:

I feel ya and agree 100%. I was going to make such a thread but you beat me to it!

Anyway, probably as someone already stated its too hard to enforce at this point.

The smoke when I can home around 10:30 PM was like FOG! If I had the home windows open, the smoke alarms would have been set off! TIME TO PUT AN END TO THIS!

....AND IT DOESN'T STOP. IT STARTED A FEW DAYS BEFORE THE 4TH AND IT CAN GO FOR WEEKS AFTERWARDS! WTF!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: