Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-11-2016, 09:41 AM

2,413 posts, read 2,042,336 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LasVegasPlayer View Post
The estimate is 33 years.
$2063 / 33 years = $62.52 per year. That won't change the lifestyle of many.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2016, 09:47 AM

621 posts, read 540,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cold Warrior View Post
I would pay that to have an NFL team, NCAA conference championship football game (likely), a Superbowl, maybe a Wrestlemania, etc.

Old 10-11-2016, 01:35 PM

13,044 posts, read 13,918,626 times
I believe there are well defined rules regarding "blacking out" the broadcast of a local team's game if the stadium itself is not sold out.

So... what are the chances the Raiders will sell out most or all games? Will we have a scenario where we partially fund the stadium, but won't be able to see the actual Raiders games on TV because the stadium is not sold out?

Old 10-11-2016, 02:34 PM

529 posts, read 514,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SportyandMisty View Post
I believe there are well defined rules regarding "blacking out" the broadcast of a local team's game if the stadium itself is not sold out.

So... what are the chances the Raiders will sell out most or all games? Will we have a scenario where we partially fund the stadium, but won't be able to see the actual Raiders games on TV because the stadium is not sold out?
That NFL blackout rule is in suspension now and unlikely to ever return. There is still an opposing game blackout against a home game through the exclusivity rule. For example, if the Raiders were at home playing the Jaguars on CBS, Fox could not air a game in the same time slot, even if it was the doubleheader national game. The market would not get any doubleheaders when the Raiders play at home on opposing network. Being in Pacific Time, that will happen often.

Sunday Ticket resolves that issue but broadcast TV would be terrible for people that don't like the Raiders. Fox and CBS currently air 52 games in Las Vegas each season, all of which are national games. With the Raiders here, that number falls to about 46 of which 14 or 15 will be Raiders and many others will be lower quality to avoid broadcast conflicts and rules.

Old 10-11-2016, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cold Warrior View Post
Right. The liability is about $25 per person per year. My point is about the county's credit rating. They are taking out a mortgage for about three year's of residential property taxes. That will make it harder to borrow money in the future at a competitive rate.

Old 10-11-2016, 07:43 PM

727 posts, read 1,060,030 times
BREAKING: State senate votes 16 to 5 to pass stadium deal

https://twitter.com/News3LV?ref_src=...Ctwgr%5Eauthor

Old 10-11-2016, 07:44 PM

625 posts, read 799,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calisoccer99 View Post
the reporter I follow now is saying it will take between 3 and 5 days for us to hear anything most likely. I thought tomorrow would be to soon
What reporter?

Old 10-11-2016, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newopty View Post
BREAKING: State senate votes 16 to 5 to pass stadium deal

https://twitter.com/News3LV?ref_src=...Ctwgr%5Eauthor
It is just a coincidence that five is the number of state senators that haven't taken donations from Sands/Adelson, right? The Assembly already seemed like a given so this is almost certainly a done deal at the state level.

I concede that thinking the public could stop Adelson was naive, especially when they attached the stadium to the convention center. I guess the only roadblocks are a petition drive and the NFL owners.

Old 10-11-2016, 08:07 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,420,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LasVegasPlayer View Post
It is just a coincidence that five is the number of state senators that haven't taken donations from Sands/Adelson, right? The Assembly already seemed like a given so this is almost certainly a done deal at the state level.

I concede that thinking the public could stop Adelson was naive, especially when they attached the stadium to the convention center. I guess the only roadblocks are a petition drive and the NFL owners.
And the five who did not support it are the same five who did not get support from Adelson? You appear to be being clever with words. A good indication of less than truthfulness.

So your theory is they have all sold out? If so you should really get a strong campaign going in the up coming election. End game we get rid of all of them for selling out to Sheldon.

Old 10-11-2016, 10:07 PM

452 posts, read 338,238 times
Great news!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas