Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2016, 11:42 PM

206 posts, read 183,080 times

Advertisements

Metro obviously knew this guy had a gun. Swat is called hundreds of times a week. Seems like bad judgement to me to send a dog into a death trap.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2016, 04:47 PM

103 posts, read 120,287 times
It said in the Review Journal this morning that the shooter is now paralyzed from the neck down. At 30 years of age that will give him a lot of time to think about what he did. He will have nothing better to do.

Old 04-01-2016, 04:51 PM

1,410 posts, read 3,321,538 times
That's wonderful. And since he's probably indigent, we'll be paying for that one way or the other. My heart still goes out for the loss of the wonderful dog.

Old 04-01-2016, 06:32 PM

222 posts, read 226,459 times
Am I the only one that is indignant over the fact that two human beings were executed, and that fact is being glossed over compared to the dog's death?

Old 04-02-2016, 10:18 AM

Apparently!

It will probably come out that the shooter had an ax to grind for the people he shot. Very likely a done something wrong situation (drug deals, relationships, etc). But I can assure you, the dog Nicky was totally innocent. Those who have buried beloved pets can tell you, they grieve harder for that animal than they ever did over a human who in their lifetime, usually did many hurtful and insensitive things to them.

Old 04-02-2016, 07:14 PM

8,420 posts, read 4,583,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjameson922 View Post
Apparently!

It will probably come out that the shooter had an ax to grind for the people he shot. Very likely a done something wrong situation (drug deals, relationships, etc). But I can assure you, the dog Nicky was totally innocent. Those who have buried beloved pets can tell you, they grieve harder for that animal than they ever did over a human who in their lifetime, usually did many hurtful and insensitive things to them.

This is possibly the wrongest thing I have ever read on a forum.

It really illustrates the misguided frustration people feel about relationships. Next it will be the total despair people feel when their toothbrush needs to be replaced.

Focus on fixing your human relationships people, not transferring your need for intimacy and companionship to animals or dental hygiene devices.

Old 04-03-2016, 10:30 AM

Good for you. Apparently you feel you are the standard for wonderful relationships. Not knowing me, let me tell you, I have my own wonderful relationships but that doesn't lessen my feelings about the fantastic, loving innocence of an animal we humans have domesticated and who now depends on us for their care. Training an animal as a bomb sniffing dog or one that can detect drugs is a win/win for all concerned but sending them into a code 3 danger situation is intolerable. I nominate you for that job and see if your position doesn't change. Especially since you sound from your post like a judgemental, insensitive person.

Old 04-03-2016, 10:52 AM

4,862 posts, read 7,968,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sqibbcakes View Post
It seems that if the situation is too dangerous for the officer to engage in, it certainly is too dangerous for the dog to enter in, and almost seems like animal cruelty.
Never considered this point. I love Rover to a limit. Guy has gun. "I'm not going in there" Here Rover go in there and subdue the bad guy. Woof, Woof, OK...

Old 04-03-2016, 03:58 PM

85 posts, read 63,292 times
This might be cold hearted but look at it this way. It costs a lot more to train and replace a human cop than a dog.
Not just money to the city, but to the cop's family. The wife and kids (or husband and kids). If the dog doesn't come home, the family it lived with will be sad for a bit, but if the parent doesn't come home, they're going to be devastated.

I went to high school with a guy that ended up killing a police dog. He did not have a good time in custody.

Old 04-03-2016, 06:06 PM

8,420 posts, read 4,583,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjameson922 View Post
Good for you. Apparently you feel you are the standard for wonderful relationships. Not knowing me, let me tell you, I have my own wonderful relationships but that doesn't lessen my feelings about the fantastic, loving innocence of an animal we humans have domesticated and who now depends on us for their care. Training an animal as a bomb sniffing dog or one that can detect drugs is a win/win for all concerned but sending them into a code 3 danger situation is intolerable. I nominate you for that job and see if your position doesn't change. Especially since you sound from your post like a judgemental, insensitive person.
Do the people you have wonderful relationships with know that you will grieve more for the loss of your parakeet then the loss of them?

Look, I get people love animals. I love animals. But people are more important than animals and if an animal can perform a task that is dangerous that might save your brother/father/sister, let them do it. Unfortunately sometimes bad things happen. Sad for the dog. Great for the person that would have had to do the dogs duty.

Sorry, it is what it is. Everything does not have equal value.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas