Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2007, 10:06 PM

44 posts, read 49,735 times

Advertisements

Moved to Las Vegas in mid 2005. Live in the Northwestern part of Las Vegas, actually, unincorporated Clark County in the area of Ann Road and west of Durango. This area consists of homes on a minimum of one half acre lots with homes in my general subdivision average just under a to over a million dollars. By Las Vegas standards, that is above average.

Still, going out and about on a daily basis in Las Vegas, I have been constantly stunned by the population at large who are nothing more or nothing less than the lowest class of "White Trash". These individuals seem to have a gross lack of a formal education, lack of tack or class, dress like pigs, act like pigs and generally drive large American SUV's with an excess amount of after market chrome parts.

Myself, retired Air Force Officer, now to pass the time, I fly a corporate jet and when not doing that, spend time out on the golf course.

When not flying, I spend afternoons usually having lunch at Kona Grill in Summerlin, an upscale area of town. Yet, I continue to be amazed at the White Trash diners using vulgar language, lacking proper table manners, shouting on cell phones etc........ Did I mention the excess of tacky bling, bling? You would have thought that Nascar types have taken over!

Thank goodness that I can take refuge in my condo in Coronado, California that is!!!!!!!

Perhaps, I made the mistake of moving to the Northwest part of Las Vegas. What part of town to normal, educated people live in this city?

Old 11-20-2007, 10:35 PM

44 posts, read 187,151 times
Too bad they never shot your plane down.

Old 11-20-2007, 10:45 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,187,029 times
We know we all best talk about this a bit.

First off it is a blue color town. Ratio of educated to non is low. As a result our pot of less than polished is kinda full.

Now you have also chosen to live in the NW RNP. That used to be...and, in some ways, still is Cowboyville. At one point we had more calf roping rinks in the area than any state. May have slacked off as the ole cowboys find their roping rinks are worth 600K. Move to Pahrump and you get your roping rink and 400K in the bank.

But still the old timers out here tend to be a mite folksy...When the Nevada Well Owners hold their picnic we play C&W music.

Now the SUVs are another problem. In all this growth turns out a lot of the yuppies go for them things. Get 5000SF on a 1/2 acre gated, a Lexus SUV and a nice Mercedes and everybody know you have made it. But note they are neither redneck nor cowboy...Rednecks and cowboys both drive pickups. Rednecks new shiny ones...cowboys 1980 GMCs.

The Bling is hard. Seen a lot of stuff out here...but little bling. Got a wonderful black lady lives over near Craig and Tenaya who is as walking bling factory. But other than that I have not run into it. You have not been going over to the north side of 215 have you. Strange folks live over there.

Anyway you got company out this way. Me, Buzz, Ackackack and a couple of others live out here in the boonies. Nevada1 lives similar over on the east side.

Want to go civilized we could probably get you tied up in Sun City. Got a couple of Generals and tons of old pilots from all the wars except the WWI. No bling...few SUVs...very civilized. Everybody goes to bed or the Sun Coast just after dark.

Or you coulod move to any number of places in Summerlin or Spanish Trails where you will never see a pickup or bad bling. You will however have to put up with acres of SUVs...nobody in those places drives anything else except a porsche or better. And those guys all have an SUV in the garage for practical trips.

So let up on our white trash will ya please. We need em to man the town.

Old 11-20-2007, 10:52 PM

25 posts, read 101,974 times
With all due respect you sound like a snob. Nobody forced you to move to Vegas. You don't like the locals, leave.

Old 11-20-2007, 10:54 PM

15,370 posts, read 39,098,836 times
Sounds like you probably never got above Major......usually LC's n Chicken Colonels have more class

Old 11-20-2007, 10:55 PM

307 posts, read 1,222,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usafwso View Post
Moved to Las Vegas in mid 2005. Live in the Northwestern part of Las Vegas, actually, unincorporated Clark County in the area of Ann Road and west of Durango. This area consists of homes on a minimum of one half acre lots with homes in my general subdivision average just under a to over a million dollars. By Las Vegas standards, that is above average.

Still, going out and about on a daily basis in Las Vegas, I have been constantly stunned by the population at large who are nothing more or nothing less than the lowest class of "White Trash". These individuals seem to have a gross lack of a formal education, lack of tack or class, dress like pigs, act like pigs and generally drive large American SUV's with an excess amount of after market chrome parts.

Myself, retired Air Force Officer, now to pass the time, I fly a corporate jet and when not doing that, spend time out on the golf course.

When not flying, I spend afternoons usually having lunch at Kona Grill in Summerlin, an upscale area of town. Yet, I continue to be amazed at the White Trash diners using vulgar language, lacking proper table manners, shouting on cell phones etc........ Did I mention the excess of tacky bling, bling? You would have thought that Nascar types have taken over!

Thank goodness that I can take refuge in my condo in Coronado, California that is!!!!!!!

Perhaps, I made the mistake of moving to the Northwest part of Las Vegas. What part of town to normal, educated people live in this city?

Whine...Whine...Whine...then LEAVE Vegas RIGHT NOW!!!! Good Bye...zappoooooo....

Last edited by KD Hawaii; 11-20-2007 at 10:57 PM.. Reason: forgot to add a little info...

Old 11-20-2007, 11:13 PM

1,966 posts, read 4,340,294 times
Quote:

Once again, we have a blanket statement blasting Las Vegas (in this case the NW). Like Olecapt and others, I live in the NW. I'm a member at Silverstone Golf Club where there are many BMW's and Mercedes-Benz's parked along with SUV's like my Trailblazer EXT. There are some areas that are in need of upkeep, but if you drive to any part of Vegas, you find the same thing.

While I won't totally disagree with the OP's statement, I will disagree that the NW as a whole is filled with white trash. There are plenty of college-educated, well paid professionals living in the NW along with those who are not as fortunate. However, I can drive into Henderson, Mesquite, Boulder City and find the same situation as I see in the NW. To make a statement like that is plain wrong.

Old 11-20-2007, 11:43 PM

10,481 posts, read 25,275,556 times
Once again, a troll is baiting you all. I put it on ignore already.

Old 11-21-2007, 12:00 AM

203 posts, read 545,414 times
Quote:

LOL......LOL Yes sir you finally found out that las Vegas is full of losers. you are right on one thing whether they have money our not their is allot of white trash . most people in this city are either drunk or high on crack to realize in just a few short years this city could lose its water supply butt most people who live their are just to stupid to realize it. to the Vegas cheerleaders who insult usafwso he and me are referring to you as being white trash. especially the Realtor who makes up listings in his directory.

Old 11-21-2007, 12:12 AM

2,990 posts, read 8,709,297 times
I don't understand people who trash talk Las Vegas and they either live here or they don't. They call people that live here and like it "cheerleaders", but its obvious that most people that move here must like it. I for one don't think Las Vegas is the perfect place, but I don't complain about the negatives either. I can think of a hundred reasons why I moved from CA and why it sucks there. I can also think of a bunch of reasons why Las Vegas isn't the ideal place. I just like this town and I have found a nice niche and now own a home that I would never afford in CA. If there is white trash here, so what? I didn't complain about all the Ghetto Fab people in CA. I just mind my own biz and keep myself humble. Sometimes that inner pride will end up killing you.

My advice is Quit Complaining and leave! or if you don't live here then don't come! Simple as that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas