Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2007, 10:14 AM

151 posts, read 227,408 times

Advertisements

By parts of New Mexico, I mean Albuquerque. I have run into some of the lowest life people during my short time there. I will say, as I have in other post here, that New Mexico is a very beautiful place and I do get out to Santa Fe as much as I can. Sorry, did not intend to slam an entire state. I guess I would not refer to anyone as "white trash" either, I'm not trying to be the sensitivity police, but the term in itself is idiotic and offensive.

Old 11-21-2007, 10:23 AM

1,158 posts, read 3,415,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt121779 View Post
By parts of New Mexico, I mean Albuquerque. I have run into some of the lowest life people during my short time there. I will say, as I have in other post here, that New Mexico is a very beautiful place and I do get out to Santa Fe as much as I can. Sorry, did not intend to slam an entire state. I guess I would not refer to anyone as "white trash" either, I'm not trying to be the sensitivity police, but the term in itself is idiotic and offensive.
hmmm....i never notice ppl there (abq) as being too much different than people i have met in other cities. sorry about experiences there...i always kinda liked that town, as well as the state (but then again, i grew up in nNM, so i have a distinct bias)

Old 11-21-2007, 11:05 AM

818 posts, read 3,698,255 times
There's a whole lot of judgements and stereotypes in this thread that are just plain wrong.

People need to stop putting themselves on a pedestal and thinking they're better than others whom they don't even know. I think most of it has to do with elitism - Vegas is a bad place for elitists because you have to be really wealthy to separate yourself from the masses here. There are so many blue collar jobs that pay just as well as professional jobs, so you are just as likely to see a dentist or accountant or card dealer or cocktail waitress in your fancy housing tract. People expect it to be like wherever they come from where white collar people live in one place and everyone else in another.

Old 11-21-2007, 11:14 AM

2,990 posts, read 8,712,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chest Rockwell View Post
There's a whole lot of judgements and stereotypes in this thread that are just plain wrong.

People need to stop putting themselves on a pedestal and thinking they're better than others whom they don't even know. I think most of it has to do with elitism - Vegas is a bad place for elitists because you have to be really wealthy to separate yourself from the masses here. There are so many blue collar jobs that pay just as well as professional jobs, so you are just as likely to see a dentist or accountant or card dealer or cocktail waitress in your fancy housing tract. People expect it to be like wherever they come from where white collar people live in one place and everyone else in another.
This is So so true! I think that is why some of them become "haters" to those who do well in a blue collar job.

Old 11-21-2007, 11:23 AM

151 posts, read 227,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AAPoolServiceLV View Post
This is So so true! I think that is why some of them become "haters" to those who do well in a blue collar job.
It should also be pointed out that in this town, a lot of the blue collar people do better financially than the white collar people.

Old 11-21-2007, 11:35 AM

751 posts, read 1,178,536 times
This post is very good, I could not agree more. LV is truly the White Trash Disneyland. Anybody with a bit of class would not spend a penny there in this wasteland. People with class and real money go to places like Monaco or the French Riviera, not trashy Las Vegas. Can't think of a more ungodly place than Vegas. If I were you, I would get the hell out of this cesspool.

Old 11-21-2007, 11:37 AM

98 posts, read 350,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usafwso View Post
Moved to Las Vegas in mid 2005. . Did I mention the excess of tacky bling, bling? You would have thought that Nascar types have taken over!

Thank goodness that I can take refuge in my condo in Coronado, California that is!!!!!!!

Perhaps, I made the mistake of moving to the Northwest part of Las Vegas. What part of town to normal, educated people live in this city?
Well steer clear of Green Valley. This "unedumacated", Nascar loving, truck driving, country listening, hard working, blue collar mom wouldn't want to offend. If those things make me white trash, so be it. You say redneck like it's a bad thing? I've been here since '83, if you don't like it leave. That's what I'm doing, too many yuppies ruining the backwoods mentality I was looking for. The same road, or airspace, that brought you in here will also take you out.

BTW, this is the very first time I've heard "Bling Bling" and Nascar in the same sentence. Maybe my definition differs from yours, but the two are usually mutually exclusive.

Although I do agree with you in some aspects concerning the accumulation of trash to this area. Just be careful where you place the blame.

Old 11-21-2007, 11:43 AM

15,370 posts, read 39,110,824 times
USAF and lukeache prove the old adage "opinions are like @##%^&*(.....every one has one.

Old 11-21-2007, 11:50 AM

2,990 posts, read 8,712,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lukeache View Post
This post is very good, I could not agree more. LV is truly the White Trash Disneyland. Anybody with a bit of class would not spend a penny there in this wasteland. People with class and real money go to places like Monaco or the French Riviera, not trashy Las Vegas. Can't think of a more ungodly place than Vegas. If I were you, I would get the hell out of this cesspool.
MN is that much better? You should move to Monaco or France so tell you how trashy you are from MN.

Old 11-21-2007, 12:44 PM

515 posts, read 1,832,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lukeache View Post
I'm classless, have no "real" money, white trash and live in a wasteland thats ungodly.

Something must be wring with "me", cause damn I love it here!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas