Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2013, 11:15 AM

9,480 posts, read 12,290,797 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by von949 View Post
What time of the day are you usually there? According to metro, the "action" happens after late nights to early morning. FF results in so many arrests that there are too many links to posts. They range from prostitution, gun shots, underaged drinking, drug selling, fighting, gang activity and robbery.

Man shot outside D Las Vegas after altercation | Las Vegas Review-Journal

Maybe when I get to a computer, I will post them all.

Sent from watch
Well, I stay on Fremont, so I have been there well into the wee hours of the morning. In May I even walked ALONE from El Cortez to the Golden Nugget well after midnight.

(I should add, in case you don't know, I am female )
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2013, 11:15 AM

5,314 posts, read 7,783,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stockups View Post
weed is here to stay the might as will legalize it sell it and tax it
Yup.

Old 07-31-2013, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiderman View Post
Agree about the concerts.. why they use the middle stage, I will never know. It would be so much better if they used the end stage outside Golden Gate and have the crowd DOWN Fremont, not ACROSS Fremont. I love the bands they have there for Rock of Vegas, but I refuse to deal with that many people crammed inside gates.
IME they have used the Third Street Stage for concerts, which isn't AWFUL because the crowd can back up toward Carson. That middle stage is silly, there is no place for the people to go if they are using that one now.

Old 07-31-2013, 12:47 PM

3,049 posts, read 4,545,011 times
I've been going to Las Vegas several times a year for the past five years now. I usually go, on average, five or six times a year. I always make a point to hit Fremont Street at least once on all of my trips.

Each time I have been over the past two years, I have noticed the crowd on Fremont Street changing (not for the good). On my last trip to Las Vegas in May (2013), I noticed that this trend had accelerated, unfortunately.

Now, I am used to drunks, people dressed in weird costumes, tattooed cholos and vatos, people that look like they just stepped off of the scene of "Deliverance", etc. That is normal to me and that is what I have always known the rougher downtown element to be. But that's not what I'm talking about.

I'm talking about thuggy characters that look like they just stepped off the scene of "New Jack City", standing around and giving menacing, hateful glares to passerby, acting shifty and bringing a level of tensity to the whole area that wasn't there before in my previous visits.

From what I've been told, Downtown was full of that element back in the 1980s and early 1990s before the canopy was put up over Fremont Street: pimps, hustlers, prostitutes, people looking to mug you as soon as look at you, etc.

The thugs that are starting to populate Fremont Street now are not the same ones who did so back in the 1980s and early 90s. This is a whole different type of thug! Maybe these are the grandchildren of those guys? Or maybe these are new transplants to Las Vegas from other places? I don't know.

Last edited by kttam186290; 07-31-2013 at 12:55 PM..

Old 07-31-2013, 02:36 PM

7,112 posts, read 13,155,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElleTea View Post
Well, I stay on Fremont, so I have been there well into the wee hours of the morning. In May I even walked ALONE from El Cortez to the Golden Nugget well after midnight.

(I should add, in case you don't know, I am female )
I think that area is the "safe zone" compared to the Far East part of Fremont. As a matter of fact, if you venture too far east then you run into all the weekly rentals, motels that rent by the hour and hostels.

You're a female? Every time I read your screen name I would read "LT" as in Ladainian Tomlinson .

Sent from watch

Old 07-31-2013, 09:16 PM

1,062 posts, read 1,807,886 times
Lets face it Fremont St is a adult place. It is not uncommon to see people with baby strollers and young kids everywhere in LV. Why on Fremont St most everything is free the music and street entertainments. It is cheaper to eat there and stay there plus easy to navigate on foot. It's too bad these parents do not parent correct but that is our society now.
Part of the crowding problem right now and since March is the construction of the new Zip Line once that gets going and the construction barriers come down it should open up more room. There is talk about extending the overhead down East Fremont. The late night creatures do need to be dealt with especially the gang bangers they can poison any area. So after 2:00 PM be careful you never know.

Old 07-31-2013, 09:23 PM

2,557 posts, read 4,567,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarkcty View Post
@Bps401

Clark County is getting out of hand, the type of people moving in here are some of the lowest low class trash!! Today on my way to work, as I stepped out of my door, I noticed my next door neighbor was smoking weed at his patio. My new upstairs neighbor was also smoking weed with him. Bunch of losers in town.
I don't smoke weed but of all the things going on, this is really the least of anyone's worries.

Old 07-31-2013, 09:25 PM

2,557 posts, read 4,567,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
The cops would laugh. As long as there is no dealing, they don't really care. They have bigger fish to fry.

As far as Fremont goes, there are a certain number of weirdos that hang out down there. Some of them even post here.

The underage drinking is an issue though. A bunch of drunk underage males is a recipe for violence. ( no offense to the males here, it's just that most of the chest- thumping involves young men, especially if there are pretty girls around )
Yep. We're just animals.

Old 07-31-2013, 11:26 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,115,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unf0rgiven6262 View Post
Yep. We're just animals.
Given enough alcohol, we all are. Testosterone is just more fuel for the fire and young men have that in abundance. It used to end in a fistfight back when I was an underage drinker. Nowadays, some idiot has to pull a knife, or a gun, etc.

Fremont and downtown in general have turned into a very cool scene compared to ten or fifteen years ago. They can't let the gang bangers, thugs, and aggressive panhandlers ruin it for everyone.

I'm not all that fond of being around law enforcement, but they need to make downtown inhospitable for the trouble makers. The trouble makers represent a very small portion of the people who hang out on Fremont, in my experience. Mostly it's just young and old, and everyone in between catching a buzz, dancing, listening to the bands, or just people watching. ( sometimes all of the above )

Old 08-01-2013, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by von949 View Post
I think that area is the "safe zone" compared to the Far East part of Fremont. As a matter of fact, if you venture too far east then you run into all the weekly rentals, motels that rent by the hour and hostels.

True, but when people refer to hanging out on Fremont I don't think they are talking about that far east area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas