Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2013, 11:16 PM

1,105 posts, read 1,791,797 times

Advertisements

Ok. If you've been living in Vegas long enough to contemplate past choices, where would you move in the valley if you could have a do over and why?

As for me, I'd relocate the west end of Cheyenne (Desert Shores and westward) because of the more established neighborhood, ratio of newer and older homes, and accessible service to freeways/merchants I like to frequent.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2013, 12:40 AM

670 posts, read 1,107,318 times
I discuss this with the wife on occasion. After living here almost 2 years now we've been no place in the valley we would rather live than our neighborhood in The Lakes.

We really lucked out as we bought our house before living here and had spent limited time in Vegas before moving. Thankfully we had a great realtor.

We really liked Peccole Ranch but did not find the right house. We almost bought in Painted Desert as well. I believe we would have been happy there too.

Old 04-17-2013, 01:02 AM

12,686 posts, read 36,424,348 times
People bit*h about HOA's, but until Summerlin came along, everyplace in the Valley aged faster than a blonde addicted to tanning machines. If we're only going back 20 years, I'd probably have bought a home on one of the lakes in Desert Shores. Before the mid to late 80s there warn't nuthin west of the Tonopah Highway (Rancho Road). I've lived in the Twain/Paradise area, Deckow Lane behind what is now the MGM, Winnick St behind the Flamingo, 14th and Stewart, Lamb and Charleston area, near Boulder Highway and Twain, Rochelle St between Eastern and Pecos (a block S. of Flamingo), Washington and Pecos area a block from NLV, Washington and Torrey Pines area, Lone Mountain and Decatur area, and now the NW near Durango for the past 12 years.

Summerlin, Desert Shores, Peccole Ranch, the NW, are some of the best places in town because they don't let these areas run down like other parts of town.

Old 04-17-2013, 07:41 AM

7,112 posts, read 13,185,492 times
My wife and I talk about this often too. Anywhere close the 215 is what we mostly agree on. North, west and some of the south. Scoop's neighborhood is cool too.

Right now we are about 5 minutes from the 215 north. Far enough from most of the riff raff but close enough to all the conveniences.(with a reliable vehicle, no public transportation up my way yet)

Motorola DynaTAC 8000x

Old 04-17-2013, 08:03 AM

1,105 posts, read 1,791,797 times
We own in the 89081 as well. I like my area but I think it's just not stable enough for my taste yet. We we're gone for three years and since moving back, the population boom is incredible to me. Not good or bad just still trying to stabilize, but that is the whole valley. I can't wait until The park that was Craig Ranch Golf Course is completed. And the city of NLV gets its affairs in order.

Old 04-17-2013, 08:05 AM

2,566 posts, read 2,752,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vtvette View Post
I discuss this with the wife on occasion. After living here almost 2 years now we've been no place in the valley we would rather live than our neighborhood in The Lakes.

We really lucked out as we bought our house before living here and had spent limited time in Vegas before moving. Thankfully we had a great realtor.

We really liked Peccole Ranch but did not find the right house. We almost bought in Painted Desert as well. I believe we would have been happy there too.

We like The Lakes too. I haven't seen an area of Las Vegas that we would rather be in at this point.
It is very accessible to the freeway, stores, restaurants and the strip. No complaints.

Old 04-17-2013, 09:13 AM

499 posts, read 1,061,460 times
I probably would have moved to Spring Valley. It is close to all my favorite restaurants and grocery shopping.
I like to shop at the Asian grocery stores for their fresh fish and vegetables.

Old 04-17-2013, 09:32 AM

1,614 posts, read 2,026,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAXIALE02 View Post
Ok. If you've been living in Vegas long enough to contemplate past choices, where would you move in the valley if you could have a do over and why?

As for me, I'd relocate the west end of Cheyenne (Desert Shores and westward) because of the more established neighborhood, ratio of newer and older homes, and accessible service to freeways/merchants I like to frequent.
Good choice, as that's the area I'm in

Old 04-17-2013, 11:25 AM

1,107 posts, read 1,424,613 times
I quite like the area that I am in, Madeira Canyon. Really the only current drawback is that the closest grocery store is 2 miles away which is Albertsons, which also is the most expensive grocery store. The next closest and more reasonably priced is Vons some 6.5 miles away which stinks when you just need to go pick up a loaf of bread or something.

I like being further away from the hustle and bustle though so I am fine with the distance from the interstate etc.

To do it over again though, I might put more consideration into 7 Hills area as that was my second choice when we were house shopping.

Old 04-17-2013, 12:41 PM

2,700 posts, read 4,952,085 times
The way things are going in this country a desert island somewhere....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas