Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2007, 02:56 PM

2,990 posts, read 8,722,522 times

Advertisements

Yeah me too! I dont have a job either and I live at budget suites behind the Circus Circus. I do side shows on the strip and take donations
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2007, 03:06 PM

1,755 posts, read 5,337,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AAPoolServiceLV View Post
Yeah me too! I dont have a job either and I live at budget suites behind the Circus Circus. I do side shows on the strip and take donations
There is no Budget Suites behind Circus Circus, as Mr Ponce does not own property in Clark Co. Cleaning Floyd's semen must certainly be exciting, though.

Old 10-20-2007, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheriff View Post
There is no Budget Suites behind Circus Circus, as Mr Ponce does not own property in Clark Co. Cleaning Floyd's semen must certainly be exciting, though.
There are 7 Pages of "Ponce" in the Clark County Assessors page. Pick one and you might find it. Are you wearing your glasses?

Old 10-20-2007, 03:11 PM

[quote=sheriff;1784656]There is no Budget Suites behind Circus Circus

Exactly!

Old 10-20-2007, 04:10 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,252,146 times
Hey Sheriff give you a hint...he does own property and it is within 10 miles or less of where I live.

Old 10-20-2007, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
Hey Sheriff give you a hint...he does own property and it is within 10 miles or less of where I live.
Man.... finally someone that can do a search! Yeah, I dont live too far from ya.

Old 10-20-2007, 05:03 PM

430 posts, read 1,395,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chest Rockwell View Post
I guess you're exaggerating for effect, but obviously Las Vegas has all of these things. There is also a large gaming tax hike working its way through the legislative process.

I agree with most of your points except for the hyperbole, like how Las Vegans are fleeced and how the city is unlivable. You should be able to make this point with facts instead. Any corporation's default position is to maximize profits and please its stockholders. Corporate responsibility is a problem in all cities and in all corporations. Good luck living as a sherpa or wherever you plan to get away from the corporation.
Yes, except some corporations are non-profit, and some are privately held, and not all have the same style irregardless. NOT all are nearly as reckless or brutal as others, in order to maximize profits. For a for profit corporation profits are always a priority, -but fore some companies, not the only one. Some corporations actualy do also have a strong social conscience, even if that dose always mean absolute maximum potential profits in the short term. Some do not. So, hardly are ALL for profit corporations the same or equal troublesome or good, -even if they do share much in common.

Yes, like the people that run them, -some are actualy a lot nicer or meaner than others.

Even among the wealthy corporate elite, people are still human not godlike, and despite the "membership in a club" they have of sorts, -they are still individuals each of whom is diferant. -Emil.

Old 10-20-2007, 05:53 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,252,146 times
Just as an aside maximizing profitablility is generally not a real corporate goal. You may hear words but the real goals of a corporation are much more complex and may involve doing well by mankind.

There may be relatively rare occasions when a management team goes for max profits...but that is a short term goal...it is virtually guaranteed to destroy the place.

Corporations are relatively complex entities. The real motivations are understood by few and likely not by anyone in the corporation.

Old 10-21-2007, 02:07 AM

10,481 posts, read 25,318,403 times
Sure, Las Vegas is so unlivable, thats why over 2 million people live here. It sure would be nice if more than a few thousand moved out a month.
The OP is clueless about the liveability of Vegas as a whole. The OP seems to think that all life revolves around the strip, when only a small portion does.

AAPool guy, quit feeding the troll.

Old 10-21-2007, 04:29 AM

430 posts, read 1,395,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
Just as an aside maximizing profitablility is generally not a real corporate goal. You may hear words but the real goals of a corporation are much more complex and may involve doing well by mankind.

There may be relatively rare occasions when a management team goes for max profits...but that is a short term goal...it is virtually guaranteed to destroy the place.

Corporations are relatively complex entities. The real motivations are understood by few and likely not by anyone in the corporation.
I think one thing is long term sustainability. What profit can actualy be sustained, and treating people at large with respect can be necessary at times (unfortunately not always) to acheave that. Unfortunately, greed is also very real and all too destructive on the whole. But that is a human problem and is by know means just a corporate thing. It started long before there was such a thing as a corporation.

I think it's not so much that the elite are actualy even so much less nice then others, -but just that they have so much power. Having too much power can blind many people to reality, and can make a lot of people with it become addicted to it, -often with quite destructive results. That depends on the person, though. But really most people still have good and bad in them at all levils of sociaty.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas