Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2007, 03:17 PM

12,600 posts, read 9,406,172 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegasroxi View Post
I agree with you there Vic. I never really paid attention to NLV until about a year or so ago. Lots of affordable housing here and it's 'away' from the big city. I'm up here in Aliante and everything we need is right here or in the process of being built.
Yap, spread the word
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2007, 10:39 PM

44 posts, read 49,907 times
Default North Las Vegas

On my house shopping trips, I briefly looked at a few of Pulte Homes in Aliente. Nice, but could not warm up to NLV! The price range I was looking at was the very top end of the price range in NLV and decided for better or worse further way west in the valley above Summerling. A million for a house is hardly unusual as is a half acre or more. Just that there is nothing near by but a Wal-Mart and Mimi's. Pretty dull suburban living. Lots of house wives with boob jobs and no brains etc.......................... Still, better than NLV.. Also, watch out for the pig farm in NLV the smell is really bad...

Old 11-21-2007, 07:30 AM

About the pig farm. Yes, the smell is pretty bad some days. This depends on the prevailing winds. Steve Wynn gave R.C. Farms a good offer a few months back in order to build a golf area but the deal fell through. The owner of the pig farm needs to sell out. He is surrounded by homes. He is trying to put up a last stand to the developers and growth, but this is useless. Again, he is surrounded. He has to think of all the families that have to put up with his poop.
When he does sell, experts say the area's home values will automatically go up 15%.
I would take the money and move the farm on the way to Mesquite if I really liked pigs that much.

Old 11-21-2007, 08:24 AM

15,756 posts, read 38,256,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildWestDude View Post
About the pig farm. Yes, the smell is pretty bad some days. This depends on the prevailing winds. Steve Wynn gave R.C. Farms a good offer a few months back in order to build a golf area but the deal fell through. The owner of the pig farm needs to sell out. He is surrounded by homes. He is trying to put up a last stand to the developers and growth, but this is useless. Again, he is surrounded. He has to think of all the families that have to put up with his poop.
When he does sell, experts say the area's home values will automatically go up 15%.
I would take the money and move the farm on the way to Mesquite if I really liked pigs that much.

Don't hold your breath...or maybe you should. The pig farm is nothing like it was 10 years ago. He is probably reduced the problem by 90%. The geographic situation is also somewhat unusual. Note that his property is in the County of Clark...but not in the City of North Las Vegas. So the surrounding residents and government have little say in the matter.

Reminds me of the strawberry farmer who had acerage next to Disneyland. He was happy farming it and refused to sell. When he died the family sold the place.

Old 11-21-2007, 11:33 AM

10,481 posts, read 25,320,665 times
The pig farm is miles from me. Ive never smelled it where i live. Never smelled it as I was driving to it. When i got there i never smelled it. I did smell the cow poop down the street from it, but not the pigs.
So the troll is just trying to stir up controversy when none exists.

Old 11-21-2007, 11:38 AM

15,370 posts, read 39,161,398 times
Quote:
I've been here 45+ years and the pigfarm beat me here......If ya can't stand the smell ....don't buy next door.....It's kind of like buyin under the departure flight path and then screamin to move the airport because there's "JET NOISE"

Old 11-24-2007, 09:30 AM

25,100 posts, read 39,309,125 times
Quote:
The owner of the pig farm needs to sell out. He is surrounded by homes.
Why? Why does he "need" to sell? He was there first. He has had a very good business there? Why should he have to leave?

In my opinion, he should be left alone and, if you don't like living near the Pig Farm, don't move there -

Old 11-24-2007, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Why? Why does he "need" to sell? He was there first. He has had a very good business there? Why should he have to leave?

In my opinion, he should be left alone and, if you don't like living near the Pig Farm, don't move there -
The smell is strong on most of the days.
Granted he was there first, but he could really take the millions and pack up and relocate elsewhere. I am sure developers will pay for everything.
It is not that hard to relocate a pig farm. He should take the money and enjoy it. Putting up a last stand to development while he is surrounded is indeed idiotic as already mentioned.

Old 11-24-2007, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasVic View Post
The smell is strong on most of the days.
Tough

He does not need to move simply because YOU find the alleged smells offensive!

It is your problem - not his

Old 11-24-2007, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasVic View Post
He should take the money and enjoy it. Putting up a last stand to development while he is surrounded is indeed idiotic as already mentioned.
Did you ever stop to consider that some people may be enjoying their life and that money is not the issue?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas