Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2013, 09:47 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,108,708 times

Advertisements

^^ Call Ann Rd and ask if they offer that Dental Care and Teeth Cleaning - Las Vegas Veterinarians - Ann Road Animal Hospital, Las Vegas NV

I think they do because I remember getting my lab what I termed a "spa day" where she was bathed, got her nails done and her teeth brushed. This was several years ago, so you'll want to call them. The phone number is on top of the linked page.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2013, 09:57 AM

328 posts, read 682,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitro1320 View Post
What did you pay to have your dogs teeth cleaned? My vet here in town gave me an estimate of $400 (my dog weighs 20 lbs). I paid $165 in Oregon, where my dog was dropped off the day before and then picked up the day after the teeth cleaning. Seems kind of expensive.
Oh, your dog only weighs 20 lbs, so at $10 a pound the total cost is about $200.
Have you looked at how many teeth he has, that may also affect the price. My dog has 42 which means it is 30% more than humans. The cost is therefore going to be 30% more than your local dentist, assuming he gives you anesthetics while doing the work.

Old 01-02-2013, 05:58 PM

204 posts, read 318,760 times
The $400 dollar quote was without extractions. My dog is only five years old. She never got used to me brushing her teeth. They aren't bad, but a little preventative measure now, saves me money in the long run. Also improves her and my other dogs quality of life. I guess I will wait until February and give Ann Rd a call.

Old 01-10-2013, 09:08 PM

61 posts, read 105,037 times
Question Cheap/decent veterinarian?

Does anyone know of a decent (reputable) veterinarian that doesnt charge a Kings ransom? One dog needs couple of broken jaw teeth pulled (they are getting abcessed)- I have given her some anti-biotics to get her over the infection; but of course, they have to be pulled.

Payment plans?. She's 10, so doubt can buy insurance; and it would be a pre-existing condition. Help, I dont have tons of money here... (I do have some pliers!)...

(Hopefully doesnt come to that!).
Thanks!

Old 02-24-2017, 04:09 PM

1 posts, read 1,484 times
I'm at a dog dental facility in California. They said it would cost $900 to extract an abscessed molar. Sound like they're taking advantage?

Old 02-24-2017, 04:23 PM

2,951 posts, read 2,516,374 times
Someone is running a tooth cleaning, nails trimmed, and anal glands clearing for $100.00

A friend of mine just told me her sister took their dog in this week. Sorry I don't know the name of the vet but maybe a google search will find it.

Didn't notice till now this thread was old either.

Old 02-24-2017, 04:36 PM

1,410 posts, read 3,317,694 times
I have met two people now who either lost their dog or ended up with huge expensive intensive care bills because of routine teeth cleaning. The anesthestic can be very dangerous. Before the cleaning, to be safe, the Vet must do blood testing that in itself, runs around $200. The blood testing determines liver and kidney functions. Without these, the Vet is really taking a gamble if the dog can handle the ansesthetic or not. Age does not always determine it. Then, in addition to that, you would have the cost of the cleaning and/or extractions.

Personally I do as much as I can to keep my dogs teeth clean myself. Denta bones constantly and brushing as much as he allows.

Old 02-24-2017, 07:04 PM

67 posts, read 72,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjameson922 View Post
I have met two people now who either lost their dog or ended up with huge expensive intensive care bills because of routine teeth cleaning. The anesthestic can be very dangerous. Before the cleaning, to be safe, the Vet must do blood testing that in itself, runs around $200. The blood testing determines liver and kidney functions. Without these, the Vet is really taking a gamble if the dog can handle the ansesthetic or not. Age does not always determine it. Then, in addition to that, you would have the cost of the cleaning and/or extractions.

Personally I do as much as I can to keep my dogs teeth clean myself. Denta bones constantly and brushing as much as he allows.

Couldn't agree more. Vet is always sending me coupons in the mail offering to poke around my dog. No thanks. Once a year checkup because he has kidney disease and HBP, fill the heartworm script and we're on our way.

Unfortunately I don't have a recommendation for a vet. The best vets in town - husband and wife, Mr. and Mrs. Dr Brooks - moved out of state. I have since seen other vets at their offices, and was extremely unimpressed.

Old 02-25-2017, 09:23 AM

3,631 posts, read 7,666,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitro1320 View Post
What did you pay to have your dogs teeth cleaned? My vet here in town gave me an estimate of $400 (my dog weighs 20 lbs). I paid $165 in Oregon, where my dog was dropped off the day before and then picked up the day after the teeth cleaning. Seems kind of expensive.
Really impossible to say if that is a fair price without knowing whats included (bloodwork ect) and seeing the condition of your dogs teeth. I think alot of places will take a look at your dogs teeth and give you a free estimate so it would be fairly easy to shop around...you just need to be sure you are comparing estimates that are all inclusive of what you would like done.

Old 02-25-2017, 03:14 PM

14,229 posts, read 30,019,975 times
$400 is ridiculous! Some people I know who are into rescue take their dogs to Mesquite/St. George for non-emergency treatment. Sounds like a lot of trouble but they usually get together and share the ride, taking a whole SUV full of dogs at a time. They says the difference in cost justifies the trip.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas