Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2013, 10:38 AM

12,973 posts, read 15,832,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnaDCR View Post
My husband and I were looking at property up North, but discouraged after reading this article- Neighbors have a cow over Vegas farm - Las Vegas Sun News

I think we"ll wait for a few years until they build another 55 yr old restricted community away from NLV.
The pig farm is vastly better than it was 15 years ago...and Ardiente is well out of range of any smell today.

I would think Ardiente will do very well - driven a lot by the new VA Hospital.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2013, 09:17 PM

36 posts, read 65,630 times
Ardiente' will have 788 homes once it is fully built. Shea has plans to build two more developments in Clark County after that. Ardiente' being located near the new VA hospital and 5 miles NW of Nellis AFB makes it ideal for retired military and Veterans. Shea is very supportive of Veterans. I know because I am a disabled Vietnam Veteran.

Old 03-31-2013, 02:56 AM

118 posts, read 87,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnaDCR View Post
My husband and I were looking at property up North, but discouraged after reading this article- Neighbors have a cow over Vegas farm - Las Vegas Sun News

I think we"ll wait for a few years until they build another 55 yr old restricted community away from NLV.
That article is from 1997. It is not relevant to the current times.

Old 03-31-2013, 08:56 AM

1,631 posts, read 3,956,624 times
Shea homes are very superior to most homes built in the valley that are not custome homes. Their stucco has the color mixed into the stucco so no painting unless you just want to change the color. Also they have a resin in the stucco so it will expand and contract with the outside temps. These new homes are so much more energy efficient than homes that were built even 2 yrs ago by other builders so your utility bills will be much lower than other homes built. Shea offers solar for the heating and cooling.

The community has two pools, tennis courts, bocce ball, walking area's and a large doggy park. It's guard gated. There are a lot of outside excursions that the residents can take they go on cruises and to the grand canyon and much more at for great prices. They have a great gym, and exercise classes as well. It's close to the new VA and minutes from the 215 to go in any direction.

Other active adult communities offer similar amenities it's just a matter if you want new or resale or a different parts of the Vegas Valley. There are still brand new homes being built in Stallion mtn in Las Vegas. It's a guard gated community however it has a public golf course that is right there, it's a gated with in gated community. There is SunCity McDonald Ranch and Suncity Anthem,Suncity Summerlin, and much more. Good luck in your search

Old 04-01-2013, 04:41 PM

104 posts, read 255,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliph View Post
Shea has plans to build two more developments in Clark County after that.
Any idea where?

Old 04-02-2013, 11:45 AM

1,410 posts, read 3,324,665 times
I would imagine you could get on the Shea Homes website and if it is not mentioned, contact them to find out where they were be developing next.

Old 04-02-2013, 02:31 PM

2,565 posts, read 2,748,783 times
I have never understood what the advantage is with adult 55+ communities. I'm not sure that I understand why people want to live there.

Old 04-02-2013, 02:56 PM

7,112 posts, read 13,176,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jet757f View Post
I have never understood what the advantage is with adult 55+ communities. I'm not sure that I understand why people want to live there.
Senior unity, just like in the bingo room.

Sent from rotary phone...

Old 04-02-2013, 03:21 PM

1,410 posts, read 3,324,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jet757f View Post
You're obviously not 55+ or you wouldn't have to ask.
-- all user friendly single story homes
-- user friendly senior features in the homes
-- no teenagers with loud rap music
-- no kids on big wheels
-- no fast trucks or loud cars
-- whatever the census numbers for that neighborhood, that many people to choose from for friends
-- " " " " , that many women/men to choose from if single
-- community centers, clubs and planned activities that appeal to that age group

Old 04-03-2013, 05:44 PM

70 posts, read 111,073 times
Any communities pro-active about xeri-scaping, solar hot water, natural pest control? I don't want lawn-order
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas